Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 28,028 times)

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

An origin story will ultimately tarnish the original. Since prequels are ment to be watched before the original.
Alien was the perfect movie. You barely saw the alien and when you did, it scared the shit out of you. Now with a prequel story, Alien will have a lot less of an impact, why Ridley would want to be part of that is beyond me ....

my vote is just for a sequel or like stated above, a story taking place inbetween Alien 3 and Res.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Master on May 28, 2009, 03:01:41 PM
To be honest, this is probably the very end of Alien and Predator. Thank you guys for all this years... ;(

'Thank you guys for all the years'? Uhhh, you're welcome, but the movies ain't going anywhere buddy. :-\

You're talking like an idiot.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

This is Ridley's baby, why the hell would he ruin it? It's gonna be fineeeeeee, Sigourney Weaver will get in on it too, so it won't be a prequel.

SM

SM

It's going to be 'fini'?  We can but hope.  Preferably before it's greelit.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Well like you said Sigourney will want in on it, and like she said it's both her and Scott's creation, so they can't do it without her. A magnificent sequel, as always intended. A semi-reboot/sequel, it doesn't have to reference Alien: Resurrection, but it shouldn't acknowledge it either. Whatever works for them.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: Scree on May 28, 2009, 02:13:53 PM
...and it's gonna be PG-13  :)

unless they reboot alien 3 with hicks and the gang back... f**k them f**k ALL OF THEM!!!

SM

SM

f**k them ESPECIALLY if they reboot Alien3.

QuoteWell like you said Sigourney will want in on it, and like she said it's both her and Scott's creation, so they can't do it without her.

It's not her and Scott's creation.  It's them plus O'Bannon, Shusett, Giler, Hill, Giger.  And chuck Cobb in for good measure.

QuoteA semi-reboot/sequel, it doesn't have to reference Alien: Resurrection, but it shouldn't acknowledge it either.

If Ripley is in it, then it acknowledges Resurrection by default.

fluxcap

fluxcap

What we'll have is a really slick, and visually outstanding film with a ho-hum script (Kinda like Alien Resurrection.) which will piss off all us fans, but the casual movie goer will say "it was entertaining." And thats all that Fox wants. They're probably looking at the success of Paramount's Star Trek and figuring if they bring back some old franchises as big, fluffy and retarded monster budget movies, its revenue heaven for them.

Simbaca

Simbaca

If you go to ign and go to the Movies section they have an article mentioning this tragedy. IGN don't seem that happy either about the news.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

... Damn it.

Well, here's hoping something at least half decent comes of it.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Sgt.Torque Reikan on May 29, 2009, 12:14:07 AM
Quote from: Scree on May 28, 2009, 02:13:53 PM
...and it's gonna be PG-13  :)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/suicide/suicide-2.gif

unless they reboot alien 3 with hicks and the gang back... f**k them f**k ALL OF THEM!!!

idunnololrite

Cellien

Cellien

They can make a reboot and I can only hope it will be good.  If not, it's not like the original films will cease to exist, so I don't care other than the youngsters will probably never hear of the original.  That's unfortunate, but no loss to me.  The original movies will still be here for my pleasure, on Blu-Ray at that!  @1080p, I can put on a HD projector and watch them like I'm in the theater. 

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 28, 2009, 11:43:56 PM
This is Ridley's baby, why the hell would he ruin it? It's gonna be fineeeeeee, Sigourney Weaver will get in on it too, so it won't be a prequel.

Cuz Ridley makes good movies all the time...right?

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Darkness on May 28, 2009, 07:21:07 PM
That's the problem. It has to be a sequel to Rez with the Ripley clone. I just don't think it would work. The best thing to do is an original story.

Not really. All it requires is Aliens. Ripley's story is done, and was done with 3.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Man.  I don't even know where to start.

I'm not fond of a remake.  At all.

I can handle an origin story because the material will be new.  A direct sequel would definately be most preferred.

I don't think its going to be handled competently though.  Just because Scott slaps his name on it doesn't mean its a guaranteed success.  See scott/tony's Adromeda Strain that they produced.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed