Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 28,025 times)

Kevin164

Kevin164

no, no, no, no, no.... $#@% !!!

Darkness

Darkness

That's the problem. It has to be a sequel to Rez with the Ripley clone. I just don't think it would work. The best thing to do is an original story.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I still vote for a story between A3 + AR - i'm sure the Company wouldn't just give up on this organism.

bobcunk

bobcunk

if done right it could be good i just hope they don't f**k it up and change alot of things, also i hope they get giger to design the aliens and jokeys and stuff. same with the new predator movie i hope these are still in the same series and not remakes.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

If the remake does suck it not like the original will die and go alway. I will always watch the original and people will still enjoy it. Even if it good then people will still watch the original.

Master

Master

I remember a quote from gremlin 2 : "and to night in our show Casablanca! Fixed, colored and with new, better ending!". It made me laugh back then, but nowadays its sad truth :(

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

If its a prequel, I'll be up for it. Although I don't see why every scifi series ever made seems to get rebooted by getting a prequel. But a remake I'm not so cool with. 

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

They'll ruin it. Why do you think they got such a low profile director? Because no one with a brain would touch this crap.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ridley being involved gives me a strong sense of confidence. The guys ads are fantastic and it's kinda nice to see Ridley looking back to his roots of ads. So I don't feel like it's gonna lack style and given Ridley's reputation I don't think Fox is likely to f**k him about in regards with this, especially since they went public saying they wanted him back for a new Alien.

I'll wait 'till we get some story details.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Scott is a very smart director and he won't let us down.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

They need to change the character and ship names. There's no reason why a similar story structure could not take place as a sequel. They don't even have to specify when in the timeline it takes place.

One of my favourite stories in the comics, had an archaeological team find some ancient ruins with about three adult creatures waiting in there. It was simplistic, relatively effective and felt like the kind of thing which would have fitted in perfectly well to the film series.

XenoVC

XenoVC

An origins story really does not bother me that much,with Ridley involved it can't be that bad,then again.

SM

SM

QuoteNo it could work when the colonists first get there. When the guy who takes Ripleys pilot licence at the start says "They've been living there for years, no aliens" or something similar, he could be lying. The Company could have covered it all up so people don't get scared of the concept of "Shake N Bake" colonies.

I reckon that's a good story right there.

So Hadley's Hope is the second colony on LV-426?  And the Company didn't obtain an Alien when the colonist first got there.

Hooray for retcons...  ::)

Übermensch

Übermensch

So Ridley Scott is producing this with his brother while he directs Forever War?  I wonder.  I'll be looking more looking forward to Forever War.

Master

Master

Story similar to the one from destroying angels would be nice IMHO. Maybe without vaccine for alien agression.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed