Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 28,030 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Deep inside I'm so pissed off but seeing that I'm having a good day today, I have mixed feeling about this. 2001 better not be next.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I can actually understand Sil's frustration here. Alien WAS the origin story and it is really unnecessary for Fox to be doing this. First Robert Rodriguez gets greenlit to do his PREDATORS movie, which in my mind will undoubtly kill the Predator franchise if there are no script changes, and now ALIEN gets a re-make/reboot?

....Why bother in creating an origins story when the story has been already explained in ALIEN?

I've been noticing a fashion trend in Hollywood as of late, and quite frankly it has been pissing me off. There are too many remakes in the industry now, there are too many prequels and sequels, too many reboots. Hollywood has officially run out of ideas and are now making these so called movies for cash-cow value.

Mind you there have been a few reboots which I can remember which were actually GOOD- Rocky Balboa, RAMBO, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Terminator: Salvation, The Incredible Hulk.

Ridley Scott has already shocked the world with ALIEN, he doesn't need to prove himself again nor does he have to do this for the money.

It's official...

Hollywood and Fox have lost their minds!

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Kaworu on May 28, 2009, 02:26:07 PM
Deep inside I'm so pissed off but seeing that I'm having a good day today, I have mixed feeling about this. 2001 better not be next.

My thoughts exactly I would rather have a sequel than a remake...but if a remake is announced of 2001...then my post will as is: "BUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" meaning that there is no way to recreate what that movie did.

Master

Master

To be honest, this is probably the very end of Alien and Predator. Thank you guys for all this years... ;(

Hart

Hart

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 28, 2009, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: Kaworu on May 28, 2009, 02:26:07 PM

My thoughts exactly I would rather have a sequel than a remake...but if a remake is announced of 2001...then my post will as is: "BUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" meaning that there is no way to recreate what that movie did.

No Kubrick film should ever be remade.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Welcome to the club alien fans, now you know how i felt when they said they are going to reboot Predator.

Is this 100% confirmed?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!, NO!, NO!, NO!, NO!, NO, NO!!, NO!!, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/27/carl-erik-rinsch-to-direct-alien-remake/

This source seems more optimistic and links to several of Carl Erik Rinsch's commercials which all are very good. My mind hasn't changed that this is a bad idea but i'm trying to focus on what good there is so i don't explode with rage...

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2009, 11:39:29 AM
We in general may not want it - but we only make up a very small percentage of punters.  We can appreciate the pacing of Alien or Aliens.  Short attention spans want something faster with big explosions that make the camera shake arond a lot.

But that's the problem, why did films go from good acting, pacing, story, style and overall quality for the fast pace, plot hole crap we have now, I also think its a case of the studios making the movies and not filmmakers, but all the public want to see these days are pointless remakes and reboots, the film industry is devolving and its very sad to see.

Also, I thought the mainstream public only care about vampire and zombie crap these days.

Master

Master

We are simply at dusk of western cinematography. Do not worry in some time in asia visionary and innovative film are going to be created.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

i think it depends on the budget of this film. i hope they spend at least 75 milion to make it look realistic. i somehow new this was going to show up (seeing the new pred movie comming up) , i'm just very dissapointed with the director. i guess fox isnt taking these movies too seriosly.  :-[

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well now all we have to look forward to is the end of Cinema as we know it with the inevitable remake announcements of Terminator and Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey and well that's it, those are the only good ones left to be raped besides the rest of the movies from the 80s and 90s, I'm just glad that The Last Star Fighter movie is getting a sequel rather than a remake.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

AMEN to that.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Darkness on May 28, 2009, 08:29:37 AM
A prequel isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's really the only way they can do another Alien film.

How so? All you have to do is place it after Res, and off you go.

The concept is strong enough on its own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed