Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 27,984 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Giger has said that the only person he'd be so openly willing to collaborate with for films, would be him, however.

locusta

locusta

Nice one:

http://www.collider.com/2009/05/29/exclusive-tony-scott-confirms-carl-rinsch-is-directing-alien-and-its-a-prequel/

So, maybe the Scotts can be strong enough to convince Fox about their own creative abilities and havin the most freedom. I like that one alot.

War Wager

War Wager

We might not get Giger back, but theres a good bet we'll finally get his original creature back on-screen.

Master

Master

Please stop. This vision is too good to be truth and i don't want to let FOX to make me fool again ;)

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

If it's a Prequel then yay:

If it is a remake.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPOJADvnsg

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Jäger" Meister666 on May 30, 2009, 04:38:38 PM
If it's a Prequel then yay

I don't see why a prequel is a fabulous idea. There's nothing which needed explaining and there won't be any danger of the Alien surviving, because we already know they remain unknown.

There might be some unpredictability, if it's limited purely to a group of humans who are stuck on a planet, but they'll be in a ship and it's now pre-destined to get destroyed.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

With Scott with the project then Giger might return.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 30, 2009, 04:51:56 PM

I don't see why a prequel is a fabulous idea. There's nothing which needed explaining and there won't be any danger of the Alien surviving, because we already know they remain unknown.

There might be some unpredictability, if it's limited purely to a group of humans who are stuck on a planet, but they'll be in a ship and it's now pre-destined to get destroyed.

Because if it is a prequel then I wouldn't have to worry about the integrity of the original Alien to be compromised in the form of a reboot.. Let's be real, if an Fox representative came out and said this type of shit to StarWars fans, there would be f**king mass riots.

Edward Brock

Edward Brock

Quote from: Jäger" Meister666 on May 30, 2009, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 30, 2009, 04:51:56 PM

Because if it is a prequel then I wouldn't have to worry about the integrity of the original Alien to be compromised in the form of a reboot.. Let's be real, if an Fox representative came out and said this type of shit to StarWars fans, there would be f**king mass riots.
That really didn't stop them from doing what they did in AvP did it?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Jäger" Meister666 on May 30, 2009, 05:49:32 PM

The 'Star Wars' franchise was fairly screwed around with in the recent prequels, though. :)

I should also point out here that the guy said in an interview that any furutre film in this series would have to completely redesign the creature. I ebelive that he referred to going "back to the drawing board" in one article.

However, I would say that, having now looked over this director's adverts, he has a great style. That's only a part of the equation, of course. Still, they did interesting stuff.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Prequel is mo betta than a remake.  You don't have to destroy the ship, there are many options to what could happen.  The universe is infinite, an alien could be stowed away on a spacecraft humanity will never rediscover, the characters could encounter it on planet, it could even happen within the original derelict.

Space solves lots of the problems that a prequel would have. 

A fox representative has nothing at all to do with SW, since that franchise is creator owned.  Lucas could turn all of his characters into dancing teddy bears if he wanted, and fox couldn't say anything other than, "uuuhhhh George...we think thats a bad idea."

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 30, 2009, 08:10:25 PM
Prequel is mo betta than a remake.  You don't have to destroy the ship, there are many options to what could happen.  The universe is infinite, an alien could be stowed away on a spacecraft humanity will never rediscover, the characters could encounter it on planet, it could even happen within the original derelict.

They've already said that it'll use the same formula of one creature on a ship. The story has a pre-destined conclusion. Even if it does somehow 'win', there's no way it's going to get to a centre of mass population, meaning it's impossible to give the story any epic stakes.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with purely pitting the creature against a crew, but it won't be able to reach the same sort of heights as the others managed to.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 30, 2009, 08:14:05 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 30, 2009, 08:10:25 PM

They've already said that it'll use the same formula of one creature on a ship. The story has a pre-destined conclusion. Even if it does somehow 'win', there's no way it's going to get to a centre of mass population, meaning it's impossible to give the story any epic stakes.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with purely pitting the creature against a crew, but it won't be able to reach the same sort of heights as the others managed to.

Any good storyteller is only limted by his own self imposed parameters.  We don't know how epic it could be.  In Alien the threat to the crew was the Alien.  The threat to everybody else was WY.  Its much the same for the rest of the series.

If i'm writing this, I'm not really looking for a reason to expand on the original series as much as I'm looking to start a new group of movies within the same series. 

There is a 57 year gap between Alien/Aliens, and a two hundred year gap between Alien 3 and Alien Res where the alien could've been a threat to population centers on the outskirts of space. 

SM

SM

QuoteThe 'Star Wars' franchise was fairly screwed around with in the recent prequels, though.

How?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed