Alien Gets Remake

Started by Zwecky, May 28, 2009, 07:55:47 AM

Author
Alien Gets Remake (Read 27,602 times)

Zwecky

Zwecky

Just read this over at Bloody Disgusting. Heres the article.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16328

Edit: Might wanna post this in the News section...

SiL

SiL

...f**k it.

Undeadite

Undeadite

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16328

I looked and couldnt find this bit of news under any other section, so sorry in advance if this is a repeat.

Bloody Disgusting's original informer on the Predator remake has come forth to the website saying that 20th century fox is now planning to do an Alien remake, and a second source is saying that the movie is instead more likely to be an origin story. Neither of these sources have been directly quoted, but the first source was dead on with the Predator remake so this could possibly be true.

The rumor is that Michael Costigan, Ridley Scott and Tony Scott are attached to produce the film that is as of now either A: a remake (with one alien on board) or B: a new origin story. Some commercial and music video director, Carl Rinsch, is reported as being the director.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Lol, you posted this 4 seconds before I did in the news section.

Oh yeah, and /wrists.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh f**ks sake!

Wait. Check this: Update (12:07am, May 28): We just heard from a separate reliable source that Fox is possibly working on an origins story, as opposed to a straight-up remake. Still...

SiL

SiL

That's not really a better alternative.

Although honestly, I don't think I care. If this is actually happening, it will suck. End of. It. Will. Suck. Alien is the best you can do with a monster on a space-ship. It took us 28 f**king years to test run the concept, and then wham, Alien did it. Alien nailed it. You cannot do better than Alien, because it is the best of what it is. It's the same reason shark movies never work; Jaws is just too good.

Darkness

Darkness

They really need to get their facts straight. There's a big difference between a remake and prequel.

SiL

SiL

But Alien was the origin story. The only bit before that was the jockey - Alien with a crew of Jockeys, wow - or a WY probe going past and picking up the signal.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Holy F**k... i really don't know what 2 think - or if i even believe it

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Hmmm let's hope they don't screw this up i'm putting my trust in ridley scott.

Vulhala

Vulhala

f**k. Yes.

predator55

predator55

Lets hope  :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vulhala on May 28, 2009, 08:15:17 AM
f**k. Yes.
Quote from: Millzy_55 on May 28, 2009, 08:17:06 AM
Lets hope  :)

And this is why these things happen in the first place.

Darkness

Darkness

A prequel isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's really the only way they can do another Alien film.

Vulhala

Vulhala

What? I'm excited about it. Fair enough, I also feel slightly protective over the franchise, as I kind of in a wierd way feel like it's my own, but I want to see it advance as long as it's done in the right way.

EDIT: I should clarify, that I'm all for the idea of this being a prequel, but a remake of Alien? f**k no. No-one is stupid enough to want that!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed