how many MP maps and what type of AvP Multiplayer Maps you prefer???

Started by affinity, May 14, 2009, 11:05:44 PM

Author
how many MP maps and what type of AvP Multiplayer Maps you prefer??? (Read 5,316 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Well for Predators its normally Live Together, Die Alone. A Xenomorph co-op might be too easy unless they add a ton of more opponents.

kvon17

Somebody is a LOST fan. :)

Awgustas

I would really like to see the Survivor mode on MP. It's really great. ;)

Chris!(($$))!

I do recall that being in Lost :) But I believe it was used in other movies or shows as well. I know I heard it from places other then Lost though :P

LordShambler

Rebellion should know that when i used to play AvP MP, my favourite maps were (in order):

1-Hive (pretty much perfect)
2-Sewer
3-Office
4-Leadworks
5-Jungle
6-Piranesi

the others i could take or leave. these 6 stood the test of time for me (i played online for about 4 years).

Chris!(($$))!

Well we know we will at least have this:
1. Jungle 100%
2. Colony Interior 100%
3. Colony Exterior 99%
4. Temple Exterior 99%
5. Temple Interior 99%
6. Hive 50%

affinity

yeah but the question is if its a true jungle map or just a temple jungle hybrid.  every FPS I know that was a jungle map in MP always mixes the terrain with something else.   I mean really if a factory map can take up the whole map, why not a jungle?  bunkers, bases and trench/paths just violate its atmosphere.

kvon17

Mostly because the marines are at a colony that was inhabited by people. When humans go places, they build shit to make the environment familiar. If we want a completely jungle map, it would have to be an area humans haven't been to yet. And since the people who using the control/keyboard and mouse are Human beings, with no landmarks like bunkers and such we're going to get lost. Unless they implement footprints and bent sticks and tree branches in the game, and you are a master tracker or your primary habitat is a jungle... you're going to get lost in a 100% full on jungle environment.

affinity

hey getting lost is the FUN part.  heck Dutch and his team didn't have roads and tracks and stuff holding their hand before they reach the enemy camp.  they simply knew how to get there by navigational methods (compass, and yeah the footprints, but those are largely unnoticable.)

kvon17

Here's a scenario.

Your avatar is placed in the middle of an undisturbed jungle

the trees vary a bit, but you're not an ecologist, you don't know that the slight variation in the leaves and bark indicate a slightly different environment which indicate a different area of the world.

Okay, I have a gun. Time to find some badguys. Oh I have a compass... I'll try going north through the jungle of unidentifiable landmarks full of similar trees and shrubberies.

Okay... No bad guys here... I'll try going east.  but how far north of directly east of my previous location am I? who knows. I'll just run east.

Okay... still nothing.

I HEAR GUNFIRE HELL YEAH... shoot... I don't have surround sound... which direction is it coming from... I'll try west... nope got quieter... I'll try south... yep kind of louder... how about south east? Shit... the gunfire stopped... Now in all my excitement I don't know where I am relative to my starting point. F this sh!t... *pause menu* *exit to main menu*

Chris!(($$))!

Yes but we are not talking about a GIGANTIC jungle map.

kvon17

kvon17

A jungle map as per the one as affinity describes, void of disruption, the size of AvP2's "Compound" or "Lucifer's fate" will have the same effect. And those aren't huge maps. Gotta have somethin' guys. Paths, Shacks, park benches, Predator Crucifix... some sort of landmarks. Just have to. You need to have places to hide as well. Now, changes in elevation can also give you a sense of direction, and can serve as a landmark, but you still need something more...

Moody

Quote from: kvon17 on May 24, 2009, 09:06:31 AM
A jungle map as per the one as affinity describes, void of disruption, the size of AvP2's "Compound" or "Lucifer's fate" will have the same effect. And those aren't huge maps. Gotta have somethin' guys. Paths, Shacks, park benches, Predator Crucifix... some sort of landmarks. Just have to. You need to have places to hide as well. Now, changes in elevation can also give you a sense of direction, and can serve as a landmark, but you still need something more...

Place some underground tunnels and bases like they did in Vietnam

jegu

Or make jungle destructible, add open grass areas, small rivers and waterfalls.

piet11111

Quote from: jegu on May 24, 2009, 02:15:18 PM
Or make jungle destructible, add open grass areas, small rivers and waterfalls.

and definitely add a minigun right  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed