Need Help With Horror Movie

Started by Zwecky, Apr 13, 2009, 08:03:16 AM

Author
Need Help With Horror Movie (Read 310 times)

Zwecky

Zwecky

Hey guys, my friend and I are planning on making a horror movie. We have a basic plot that we want to act out but what we need are some ideas for the villain in the movie. Something that we can act out/make a simple costume for etc. Anything like some sort of monster/alien/ghost type thing or whatever lol can be anything that you come up with. It's not a zombie film so that kinda rules that out.

So yeah, if any of you guys can help us out that would be great.

EDIT~ Also here is a quick preview trailer we made just for the fun of it, half the stuff probably won't even be in the final edit but oh well lol this was before we had any idea for a killer so it doesn't really follow any specific story line lol. I made it in Windows Movie Maker so it isn't that great. But yeah, here it is:

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

People in black cloaks with cheap clown masks

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

That rings a bell for some reason.........

Well, I'm not quite sure abvout a villain, but I can give you a few tips, not saying you'll need them, about the film.

If its meant to be a horror film you have to have the right atmosphere, and most importantly the lighting.

As for the villain, use your own fears, and use that, like make a combination of things that scare people. Clowns, spiders, e.t.c. It could be a villain which takes many shapes, or at least it appears that way.

Zwecky

Zwecky

Thanks for your input guys, and that is a good idea lone warrior. Well I really couldn't come up with any creature ideas without using any special effects, so I might have to do something along the lines of The Strangers mask, it's simple but effective. I prefer a creature rather than a human killer though, so if you guys have any ideas for a practical creature it would help, but if not I guess I'l just go with my previous idea.

Undeadite

Undeadite

You could make it a horror/comedy, by making the monster something small and cuddly but filming it like one of those 'Attack of the 50 Foot..." movies. Just think of someone being chased down a dark corridor by a giant, blood thirsty gerbil.

Or, pool your money together to get a pair of convincingly creepy contact lenses. Then never show any of the monster but his eyes from the shadows and the after effects of its carnage.

And of course there is a werewolf/vampire angle, just put someone in tattered clothing and throw in some fangs or glue on some fur with spirit gum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed