Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,442 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 28, 2007, 11:40:38 PM
Anderson would make a great production designer or DoP - but keep him away from a typewriter.

Yeah, that pretty much mirrors my opinion. I can't watch AvP all the way through - I get bored. I just skip to the one fight scene and am done.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just watched the Celtic v Grid fight on our Hi-Def to see if it looked any better and the Alien noises! What the hell were they thinking?! It sounds nothing like the Aliens from the other films! >:(

Faust VIII

Faust VIII

I think that the movie mas good but it had things I really hate, i dont remmeber who said something about a hand to hand combat anyways the predator is strong and smart but those predator were rookies thats why they died, the alien is a perfect war machine, they born to kill, they dont have to practice and stuff, IM not saiing that the predators are weaker than the aliens, Im saying that its a 50, 50 chance for each one to win,  in the case of the movie.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I was extremely dissapointed with this film :(. All the magic of the Alien and predator movies were completely missing. As silly as it might sound I think the movie would have been much better with an r rating. The blood and gore didn't make the Alien and Predator movies great but AVP seems dull without it. The story leaves alot to be desired and would have been more appropriate in the future and not on earth. Paul can make good films when he tries but, he just wasn't the right person for AVP. I recommend the Unrated Dvd as it preservers some of the violence that would have made AVP a much more scary and exciting film :-\

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

It think AVP was a big let down because use fans had high hopes for the film and when we saw that it was just a basic action horror flick we went nuts.

SM

SM

A basic action horror without much action...

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Another thing I don't like about paul anderson is his fight scenes in avp, Resident Evil and it's sequel, he's moving the camera so fast and wildly you can't tell what's going on.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I have no idea why he does that with fight scenes  ???

SM

SM

It's done convey frenetic speed.  Not much point if you can't tll what's happening.

Shaak

Shaak

I was so disapointed and angry >:( when I read about Anderson's involvement in AvP >:(. I refuse to watch this film >:(. But it seems I'm not missing anything good :D.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Well as much as I'm dissapointed with it, it's still a good action film to pull out every now and then despite Anderson's constant errors in the movie ;D

SM

SM

See that the thing that baffles me - WHY is it a good action film?  Lots of people forgive it's many faults and say "Well, it's still a good action film". It's got 2 fight set pieces.  One goes for about three minutes they other for not much longer.  Most of the rest is people wandering around or running around.  How does that make a "good action film"?

Cromartie

Cromartie

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Nov 22, 2006, 06:32:57 PM
I don't know about a thousand. Hand to hand certainly not. But I hated the way they were portrayed as well.

remember that those predators were unblooded and inexperienced and were supposed to endure those kind of situations!

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2007, 10:42:24 PM
Just watched the Celtic v Grid fight on our Hi-Def to see if it looked any better and the Alien noises! What the hell were they thinking?! It sounds nothing like the Aliens from the other films! >:(

The sound is bad enough and the movement of the alien and pred during the fight is so false... :|

EDIT: I was just reading page 6, stickaround was pwnt  + he wasnt even taking the evidence used against him into account, he kept saying the same thing over and over,  I would quote, but there's just too much.

stickaround

stickaround

Wolfy

You'll have to forgive me as i'm new to these forums, what exactly does pwnt stand for ?

The reason i kept having to repeat myself on page 6 is that some people wouldn't accept that the x-men franchise has made more at the box office than the alien and pred films (hence the lower budget of AvP than X3) If you've got any of this so called evidence to prove otherwise i'd be fascinated to see it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed