Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,446 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Dec 15, 2008, 12:48:45 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 14, 2008, 09:39:35 PM
Why are you even bringing AvP:R into this? The discussion was about the first AvP...

My mistake, I had the misconception that you were comparing AvP with AvPR.

That said, I thought AvP was a good action film, with well planned battle sequences, I personally liked the plot and thought the setting was very atmospheric. That said, the dialogue was ok, but not blatantly bad so it made no last impression, I thought the unlikely team of Scar and Lex was interesting, which was something I didn't expect throughout the course of the movie and  was a nice plot direction as it gave the impression the two races who were mortal enemies in the past, were teaming up just to survive against the horror of the alien menace.

If you liked AvP, all the more power to you :) Me personally, I don't care for it.

The Chibi Kiriyama

We've compared this to the second AVP, we've compared this to Batman's films...can't wait until we start making power level lists for it.

"It's over 9000!"
"No, it's definitely way...way below 9000. Maybe not even a 9."

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: XenoVC on Dec 15, 2008, 02:29:22 AM
Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 14, 2008, 11:52:47 PM
We should rename this site.. something with Batman or something thats associated with Batman in the title.

Because of one thread about Batman?

No. and I'm just having fun. Just want to let you know before you rape me over this.

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

I still hate this movie 1/10  >:(.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wonder if people would change their votes now that they've seen AvP:R.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

I wouldn't change my vote from "good" but thats just me.

elemental of all

elemental of all

You know, everyone says they hated both Avp and AvP-R but in the end everyone saw it, majority has boughten the dvd;'s blu ray whatever, and collects the figures for them, its better to have this than nothin, would people prefer that they made nothing at all?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well the figures are really nice to look at, and only a select few of us bought the films b/c we genuinely liked it. But I agree that buying the released film when you make it clear you did not enjoy it seems pointless.

The Demon

The Demon

They're closet AvP fans.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 16, 2008, 04:27:52 PM
I wonder if people would change their votes now that they've seen AvP:R.

What makes it funny is that's exactly what happened to me. I hated AvP, but after seeing AvPR, I realized AvP wasn't so bad after all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm the opposite. It made me dislike AvP even more.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: Predboy on Dec 21, 2008, 10:28:27 PM
What makes it funny is that's exactly what happened to me. I hated AvP, but after seeing AvPR, I realized AvP wasn't so bad after all.

Seeing AvPR made me appreciate AvP.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I still dont care about either one of those pieces of crap. I dont even own AVPR and the only reason i bought AVP was because i had good memories of the period of time when it was in theaters.

Predator King

Predator King

I thought AVP was okay. It wasn't great, but neither was it disappointing for me. Even though I had seen all the A/P films since I was a kid, it wasn't until I saw AVP that I really got into the franchise itself. :)

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Great. Thought it was very very good when I saw it, even better than Resurrection and maybe Alien 3, and now after rewatching it few days ago for the first time in years, I think its absolutely great. As I said in another thread:
Seeing the Queen in action again was worth it alone. Having isolated expedition set on a LV-like planet/envirnment, trapped in spaceship-like corridors was realy cool (for me). I think it was a great adventure action flick with some elements of Jurassic Park and Aliens thrown in, but again we all  like different things. Plus I LOVED the first AVP comic book by Stradley ever since it came out and for me its no wonder it was such a huge success. And that mvie was heavily based on it, so naturally it was a bullseye for me.
The second one I hated so much that I couldnt believe how something like this could be okayed. After rrewatching the second one Im not that harsh on it anymore and think its an okay movie actually

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed