Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,426 times)

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

I thought it was good, I didn't like just a few parts from it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The PG-13 cut is a complete bust. A train wreck of a film. Anderson and Fox can go to hell with this cut of the film.

But the unrated version did a better job of holding my attention. The added little moments helped it in some ways. And the added gore gave the kills a lot more impact.

Six-String-Samurai

Six-String-Samurai

I don't think that avp is a bad movie. But the two things i dont like are

A) one alien kills two predators

and

B) it takes half an hour before we see any aliens or predators (in full)

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: BADBLOOD88 on Jun 30, 2007, 09:15:23 PM
B) IT TAKES HALF AN HOUR TO BEFORE WE SEE ANY ALIENS OR PREDATORS (IN FULL)

In my opinion they didn't really build up any of the creatures: the queen alien is the first alien you see, the predators are seen uncloaked in their first battle with the guys on the surface, ect...

SMJ

SMJ

You know...I liked AVP overall, no probs, except the lack of actual Alien vs Predator. And thats where a lot of the problems stem from...Paul Anderson, if you listen to him talk about aliens (and he does, A LOT) its apparent what happened here..Anderson didn't WANT to make Alien vs Predator, he WANTED to make his own Alien film. There just happen to be predators in it...AVP had a biased director. And I'm not talking about aliens beating predators, I'm talking about Aliens and the alien style movie being favored, instead of focusing on the bringing of our favorite creatures together. Its more like Alien 5.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Damn straight...and also judging by how some fans here view AVP2 it might as well be called Predator 3.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Took 'em basically an hour to show the aliens, and the movie is 85 minutes.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

How many times do I have to say this...it was 87 minutes.

and I think it was about 40 something minutes into the movie before both creatures were shown at the same time.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I was disappointed when I first saw the brief inside of the predator ship, I wanted it to be like how it was in predator 2, all dark, orange, misty with some trophies, it had technology we never saw before but the inside looked to much like a human construction and not that of the predators, I know they might have been a different clan from the predators in predator 2 but I don't think there style and construction would deferrer that much. 

Overall I liked AVP but it was the stupid like unavoidable mistakes that ruined what could have been a great film, oh well at least we got ALIENS VS. PREDATOR to look forward to.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2007, 12:48:11 AM

and I think it was about 40 something minutes into the movie before both creatures were shown at the same time.

At least 50 minutes.

pred

pred

I think that from the books, and comics there was such a rich vein to tap, that if done correctly there could, and would've been a further dimension to the AvP universe. Instead this tosser only nods to the ooman character, and has her running about in the antartic in a long sleeve t-shirt, hyperbole as well as hypothermia! I love AvP stuff, but the movie blew goats.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 10, 2007, 12:48:11 AM

For a film that short I kept yawning a lot.  ;)

How many minutes of Credits did the film have?

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: SMJIts more like Alien 5.
I saw it more of an Alien prequel.

aliensetta

aliensetta

but the hole movie was about predators. it never showed the aliens. the show the predators so much that it was pretty much a crappy predator movie with aliens in it. So if the AVP2 ends up being another Predator movie. I'am going to be very very pissed.

Ok you guys can continue b*tching about how AVP was a alien movie now.

WisePredator

WisePredator

It just makes a good entertainment movie, but I also saw it as a Predator 3, so aye :P.
The film would've been better in a jungle setting, the temple is located within a valley in the Amazon, that would've made it better, and just needed more gore, and the predators need to last longer, and neither should've been seen for atleast an hour, and the movie should've also been 2 hours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed