Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,432 times)

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

It was good but it could have been better!

Aliens-diner86

Aliens-diner86

Dissapointed :( The first pred vs alien fight was great and the last action scene with the queen. The rest was awfull :'(

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Well i gues they couldn't get everything in the movie right.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteWell i gues they couldn't get everything in the movie right

Yeah they couldnt.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Well give the guys a brake they do try.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was a horrible film. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the entire film is an Alien fanboy's wet dream come true. Poorly designed Predators make that perfectly clear. How else do you account for Grid offing Celtic and his buddy in only 5 minutes  ???

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The preds were rubber sumos. The aliens were grimacing raptors. All the reviews for AVP from the time describe aliens as reptilian.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP is one of those films in which the trailers are more exciting than the film itself. How sad is that?

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 28, 2008, 06:00:16 AM
AvP is one of those films in which the trailers are more exciting than the film itself. How sad is that?

Pretty common for that to happen.....but true with "avp"...

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Let's see. Other than the stupid Predator/human team up,there is no human gore,too many scenes with just humans talking in it and/or doing boring stuff,and last..too much talking and less fighting. Most of the movie in tone just felt cheesie,yuck. It was PG-13 for god's sakes. To me,an Alien Vs Predator movie that is PG-13 is worse than a PG-13 Die Hard movie. They should only be rated R! The PG-13 rating for AVP really wussifies the Predator and Alien species when it comes to disposing the humans.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Yautja/Alien_lover on Jan 30, 2008, 09:20:30 PM
Let's see. Other than the stupid Predator/human team up,there is no human gore,too many scenes with just humans talking in it and/or doing boring stuff,and last..too much talking and less fighting. Most of the movie in tone just felt cheesie,yuck. It was PG-13 for god's sakes. To me,an Alien Vs Predator movie that is PG-13 is worse than a PG-13 Die Hard movie. They should only be rated R! The PG-13 rating for AVP really wussifies the Predator and Alien species when it comes to disposing the humans.

R rating isnt everything, look what we got with avp-r... :-\

Yautja/Alien_lover

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Jan 31, 2008, 06:02:00 AM
Quote from: Yautja/Alien_lover on Jan 30, 2008, 09:20:30 PM

R rating isnt everything, look what we got with avp-r... :-\

I know it's not everything,oh and by the way it's some of us. You must keep in mind there are people here who liked AVP:Requiem regardless of your dissapointment about it. The brother who is an ex con and police officer are really awful in the movie,ugh. I couldn't see a good plot being made for AVP:Requiem since the Strause Bros decided for the story to happen on earth,in spite of that the story was decent so that is fine to me. If there is a AVP3,I think the battle should take place on the Alien's world. The story could be that a  Predator is held captured on the Alien's world and a group of Yautjas who are working with the captured Predator go in to save him or her from possibly the Queen or maybe even a King(assuming that there actually is one) and maybe the usual set of Alien drones. The important Predator can be a hostage because he or she needed material for the purpose of making certain weapons(it can be the origin of the shuriken,smart disc,medi kit,wrist blades,etc) when it comes to hunting for Yautjas. The humans can be thrown on to the Alien's planet because they crashed there in a ship by accident mistaking it for a planet that they were suppose to be on for whatever reason or reasons.

The Alien species can keep the Predator hostage because the material they(Alien species) need is required to maintain the good condition of their planet for lots of years.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteI know it's not everything,oh and by the way it's some of us. You must keep in mind there are people here who liked AVP:Requiem regardless of your dissapointment about it. The brother who is an ex con and police officer are really awful in the movie,ugh

Im just sayin that gore shouldnt be the main thin in a movie, the main thin should be characterization, plot etc. the gore should be considered a bonus in a movie....

SkacMasta

SkacMasta

It was by far better than AvPr , its okay.

Yautja/Alien_lover

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Jan 31, 2008, 11:13:57 AM
QuoteI know it's not everything,oh and by the way it's some of us. You must keep in mind there are people here who liked AVP:Requiem regardless of your dissapointment about it. The brother who is an ex con and police officer are really awful in the movie,ugh

Im just sayin that gore shouldnt be the main thin in a movie, the main thin should be characterization, plot etc. the gore should be considered a bonus in a movie....

I never said or suggested that it should be,I don't know where this is coming from. I just expect if there are humans in a movie with an Alien or Predator species in it. To each their own.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed