Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,431 times)

chopperbuilder

chopperbuilder

:o ::)

severen76

severen76

^^ I believe it's called polishing a turd  :)

Half-knife

Half-knife

I would like to ask a question about the film. Maybe it's been answered before. I hated when Scar got nailed by the queen. My question is this: why didn't the Predators who imprisoned the queen remove her natural weapons (tail blade, teeth, etc.)? Would the tail blade grow back? I'm not an alien fan and don't know a lot about them in this regard. Has it been explained? Thanks.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Half-knife on Jan 08, 2008, 09:58:54 PM
I would like to ask a question about the film. Maybe it's been answered before. I hated when Scar got nailed by the queen. My question is this: why didn't the Predators who imprisoned the queen remove her natural weapons (tail blade, teeth, etc.)? Would the tail blade grow back? I'm not an alien fan and don't know a lot about them in this regard. Has it been explained? Thanks.

Hmmm, never really thought about that before. They havent done it probably because the bonds holding her are more than enough to keep her immobile, and stops her from harming anyone else.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Quote from: Khan on Jan 08, 2008, 11:32:15 PM

Hmmm, never really thought about that before. They havent done it probably because the bonds holding her are more than enough to keep her immobile, and stops her from harming anyone else.
Or the Preds where just arogent and thought shed never get loose? Dnt know

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Maybe queens lay eggs when there comfortable, having your tail cut off and other limbs would make her stressed and she wouldnt be able to lay eggs.....

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Hmm could work a gues

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Man, I just tried to watch this movie again. I ended up turning it off about halfway through.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 10, 2008, 01:44:43 AM
Man, I just tried to watch this movie again. I ended up turning it off about halfway through.

I know, its that bad aye ;)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

aye. I mean, I didn't mind it much last time I saw it, but this time, my God it was intolerable. Just about everything about it is bad. Its unnecessarily short, to the point of being lazy. The preds not only look like crap but don't act like preds. The team-up thing, this is where it loses all hope. The alien queens "death" is a huge plot hole, with about 1000 other things in the film. speaking of plot holes, the plot sucks, on the whole.

The grid attack scene was cool, choppers death and the Celtic fight. Sans the tail. If you're gonna kill of two of your preds like that, why wouldn't that have put in a 4th so we can see more AvP action and see the other pred hunt. Oh, thats right, because preds dont hunt in this movie, they act like people.

The worst thing is, with just a tad pit more care and effort this could have been cool. Show the preds hunting, allow the aliens time to go through their life-cycle at a normal rate, make it rated R, no team-up, hell if you had to have Lex work with the pred, just have her follow it around and the pred not care cause it has bigger things to worry about. The pred should have shot Sebastion outright in the hive, rather than let Lex stop him. Hell, I could go on for pages about this movie. So much potential flushed away.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 10, 2008, 04:39:55 AM
aye. I mean, I didn't mind it much last time I saw it, but this time, my God it was intolerable. Just about everything about it is bad. Its unnecessarily short, to the point of being lazy. The preds not only look like crap but don't act like preds. The team-up thing, this is where it loses all hope. The alien queens "death" is a huge plot hole, with about 1000 other things in the film. speaking of plot holes, the plot sucks, on the whole.

The grid attack scene was cool, choppers death and the Celtic fight. Sans the tail. If you're gonna kill of two of your preds like that, why wouldn't that have put in a 4th so we can see more AvP action and see the other pred hunt. Oh, thats right, because preds dont hunt in this movie, they act like people.

The worst thing is, with just a tad pit more care and effort this could have been cool. Show the preds hunting, allow the aliens time to go through their life-cycle at a normal rate, make it rated R, no team-up, hell if you had to have Lex work with the pred, just have her follow it around and the pred not care cause it has bigger things to worry about. The pred should have shot Sebastion outright in the hive, rather than let Lex stop him. Hell, I could go on for pages about this movie. So much potential flushed away.

Yes, quite a load of shit. Very unfortunate.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I liked it a lot back when it first came out. But now I can only watch it when I am totally bored.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: chopperbuilder on Jan 07, 2008, 07:57:39 PM
Hey hey!!! you..you!!!!....

That sounds like the beginning of some 80s pop song.. can't remember which one.  :)

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Jan 20, 2008, 08:51:58 PM

That sounds like the beginning of some 80s pop song.. can't remember which one.  :)

Isnt It that avril lavigne song  :P.......not that I listen to avril lavigne

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: severen76 on Jan 20, 2008, 08:53:48 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Jan 20, 2008, 08:51:58 PM

Isnt It that avril lavigne song  :P.......not that I listen to avril lavigne

Heh, maybe that too.. but I definitely know it's an 80s song aswell!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed