Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,438 times)

chubbs3

chubbs3

The predators in avp were teenagers and theyd never seen an alien before . Therefore they had no idea how agressive and dangerous the aliens were. So it makes sense that the same alien managed to kill both predators. And a predator could not take on a thousand aliens and still be standing. These are aliens people no tiny little bugs.

YautjaZer0

YautjaZer0

:( I didn't like the first AVP because they killed all the preds off very quickly. Chopper got impaled, Celtic lost the fight, and the Scar got face hugged after the fight so we all know the preds have already lost half way through the film.

I remember being so exiceted for that film and feeling so cheated after i saw it. I hate Paul Anderson  >:(

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: YautjaZer0 on Dec 26, 2007, 08:43:15 AM
:( I didn't like the first AVP because they killed all the preds off very quickly. Chopper got impaled, Celtic lost the fight, and the Scar got face hugged after the fight so we all know the preds have already lost half way through the film.

I remember being so exiceted for that film and feeling so cheated after i saw it. I hate Paul Anderson  >:(

Thats exactly what I have to say.

There isn't much glory for the Predators in this! Sure, Scar slices a facehugger in half and an Alien face off.. why couldn't Celtic do that to Grid? Anyways, the plasma caster scene seemed very quick.. like when they were making that scene Paul was probably like, "Yeah hurry up, lets get this gay part over with." lol

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

I thought it was ok, but the concept allowed for so much potential, but while the concept was cool, the execution was lackluster to say the best. An ok movie, but could have been so much more.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

After viewing AVPR, I now have a new appreciation for AVP. While AVP is somewhat empty inside, at least it has a big movie feel.  AVPR on the other hand is a mish mash of music video editing, O.C. tv sitcom, and comic book panel recreations all thrown in an incoherent manner.

AVP stage scenery is impressive.  I will take moving wall pyramid mazes over strip malls and corner diners for an alien/predator setting any day.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 02, 2008, 11:01:58 AM
After viewing AVPR, I now have a new appreciation for AVP. While AVP is somewhat empty inside, at least it has a big movie feel.  AVPR on the other hand is a mish mash of music video editing, O.C. tv sitcom, and comic book panel recreations all thrown in an incoherent manner.

AVP stage scenery is impressive.  I will take moving wall pyramid mazes over strip malls and corner diners for an alien/predator setting any day.

avp was hollow, it seemed like the characters barely new eachother and the only times they talked was what we saw......which wasnt alot....

gameoverman

gameoverman

Anderson did have the vision - a mish-mash of the comics and Erik Von Danikken.  I have to admit though, that it worked because of the pyramid scene that was deleted out of Alien and the Aztec-style designs in Predator 2.  Anderson did his homework.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

it could have been much better!!!!

frost

frost

totally ::) they have really screwed up the series with AVP-R What were they thinking?Makes me really appreciate Anderson and AVP.Bring on Alien 5(with no Predator ref at all!Please).

The Demon

The Demon

I'd rather see Aliens and Predators in city, town, sewer etc. settings.

I always thought the pyramid from AvP was horrible and it was never believible for me. I wish they couldn't make the pyramid into something else because I also hate the whole flash back part. I wish I could erase that from my head.

frost

frost

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 06, 2008, 09:22:22 PM
Lastly, the actor who played Wolf, really showed great skill in portraying a predator's movements.
have you seen a real one then? :D

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: frost on Jan 07, 2008, 07:35:26 AM
Lastly, the actor who played Wolf, really showed great skill in portraying a predator's movements.

yes in the original predator movies.....

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Heh, heh good point.  Actually yes, I have seen them, other people call them Papparazzi.

frost

frost

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 07, 2008, 02:37:33 PM

Heh, heh good point.  Actually yes, I have seen them, other people call them Papparazzi.
:DI think alot of people would agree! ;)

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: BlkSoul on Jan 02, 2008, 02:09:56 PM
it could have been much better!!!!

Couldnt everything be much better...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed