Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,428 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't think this movie had more detail so much as it illuminated everything in a way that all the mystique was taken away by the lighting.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 06, 2007, 12:35:28 PM
Hated it. And I'm not going to see Requiem. >:( >:( >:(

why not? just because you hated paul andersons avp doesnt mean you shouldnt see the strause bros avp-r movie.....

nukem11

nukem11

Just watched it again I haven't seen it since it was released. I think there's some things in there which are good but allot which is bad.
The flashbacks and the spaceship were done well apart from its design which I felt was too futuristic compared to the pred 2 design but that didn't ruin the film. I forgot how cheesy it got when lex teamed up with the Predator, what in the hell was Anderson thinking their, the predators more of an anti hero but come on. Quite allot of cheesy acting and lines. Special effects were great I think that's the best thing about that film.
The end battle was ok I didn't like the fact that lex helped him.
So apart form how the predators looked like shit and lack violence I would give it a 5/10. Not tottaly shit as I remember it but still allot of things which could have been better, just something you watch with your mates.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: Darth Vader on Dec 09, 2007, 08:23:28 AM

why not? just because you hated paul andersons avp doesnt mean you shouldnt see the strause bros avp-r movie.....

Yeah man, you dont want to see Requiem because paul anderson made a bad movie?, lighten up and chill, dont judge the next movie based on the first one, thats not right.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Its Game Time on Dec 10, 2007, 10:05:12 PM
Quote from: Darth Vader on Dec 09, 2007, 08:23:28 AM

Yeah man, you dont want to see Requiem because paul anderson made a bad movie?, lighten up and chill, dont judge the next movie based on the first one, thats not right.

Yeah ditto^,

the only time you would ever not want to watch this is if paul anderson was direct avp2......and of course he's not..... ;D :D

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Yeah, wasn't so great.

Alien300

Alien300

Avp WAS A GREAT IDEA FOR A MOVIE  OF COURSE FOR ALL OF US REAL AVP FANS AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO SEE IT BUT HE f**kED IT UP

i mean there was some cool shit here and there but some things really pist me off like when gill predator was stabbed with grids tail and raised up 2 his face  WHY WOULD HE JUST LET THE ALIEN TOUNGE BITE HIS FACE!! WHY WOULD HE NOT STOP IT OR FIGHT BACK? GILL HAD NO ROLE IN THAT MOVIE AT ALL.....ALL though The Celtic Vs GRid Alien Fight was COol until Celtic got killed I MEAN THOSE THREE PREDATORS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE VERY VERY SKILLED anD THEY GOT KILLED BY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Alien.... Imean im an avp fan forever and have been for a long time same with my brother and we have seen all the movies and red the comics and played all the games AND PREDATORS SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE OUT ALOT OF ALIENS I MEAN COME ON     im not dissin the aliens in any way i love the aliens, THEY BOTH HAVE THERE GOODS AND BADS WHICH YALL ALREADY KNOW but idk  i was very dissapointed With this Film.. >:( 

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Alien300 on Dec 15, 2007, 11:24:07 PM
Avp WAS A GREAT IDEA FOR A MOVIE  OF COURSE FOR ALL OF US REAL AVP FANS AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO SEE IT BUT HE f**kED IT UP

i mean there was some cool shit here and there but some things really pist me off like when gill predator was stabbed with grids tail and raised up 2 his face  WHY WOULD HE JUST LET THE ALIEN TOUNGE BITE HIS FACE!! WHY WOULD HE NOT STOP IT OR FIGHT BACK? GILL HAD NO ROLE IN THAT MOVIE AT ALL.....ALL though The Celtic Vs GRid Alien Fight was COol until Celtic got killed I MEAN THOSE THREE PREDATORS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE VERY VERY SKILLED anD THEY GOT KILLED BY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Alien.... Imean im an avp fan forever and have been for a long time same with my brother and we have seen all the movies and red the comics and played all the games AND PREDATORS SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE OUT ALOT OF ALIENS I MEAN COME ON     im not dissin the aliens in any way i love the aliens, THEY BOTH HAVE THERE GOODS AND BADS WHICH YALL ALREADY KNOW but idk  i was very dissapointed With this Film.. >:( 

Whats up with people using caps lock??

they were skilled yes, but not skilled in alien hunting.......

i dont agree with how your saying preds can take out alot of aliens by default, it depennds on the surrounding's and the weapons the preds using.....

Alien300

Alien300

i guesss your right   i failed to say it would depend on what weopens they had and were they were at   that would play a big part in the fights

Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

The first AVP is really bad, especially for the Predators fans. The Predators got their asses owned, in the beginning of the film! You can understand how Anderson (director) is more of an Alien fan, than the reverse. It is all focused on how cool the Aliens are, technically they win in the end (if you follow Requiem 5 minutes prologue). And the whole idea of an temple beneath the ice is seriously ridiculous. The acting is non existing, exept for the brilliant Henriksen (Wayland). And Anderson is everything but a good director (sorry), can't imagine what the producers thought (cash anyone). The only reason I bought the DVD is because the huge Predator fan I am.

Final score - 2,5

- Wolf

Alien300

Alien300

f**k most of avp 1     but  avp 2 is coming soon cant wait !

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

AVP 1 wasnt that bad, it just wasnt what we hoped for.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: Its Game Time on Dec 19, 2007, 12:07:27 AM
AVP 1 wasnt that bad, it just wasnt what we hoped for.
Right on the button.

The Demon

The Demon

When I saw I liked it, only because I anticpated it. Then I realized that I, myself, did not like it. It just wasn't Alien and Predator to me.

chopperbuilder

chopperbuilder

For an action film it was ok, but if one knew the history of predator/alien the movie s****

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed