Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 88,414 times)

nOograss

nOograss

At first i'm sorry for my bad english ^^ ( belgium in here  :D)
Fan of aliens and predator, this movie sux soo bad , the predator seems to be nothing without there shoulders-gun ... come on they're suppose to be hunters... where 's the sparegun :p like in the gamae huhu.

and this end , man , the predator had a view that allows him to see aliens in the body of someone, and the others predators didn't even took a look at their dead friend ,i know it's a crazy idea..

let us hope that requiem will take AvP on the top !)

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

I voted Disappointing

(btw,I'm from Belgium too :P )

chriso191

chriso191

it was okay

storyline was a bit ridculous
I mean lost pyramids in the antarctic

I liked the fight with grid alien against celtic predator
i prefer aliens to predators so i was happy that the alien won

I think requiem will be a lot better (hopefully)

vortep

vortep

Quote from: chriso191 on Sep 30, 2007, 04:16:37 PM

I think requiem will be a lot better (hopefully)

I'm shure it will be ;)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I would give the movie a 2 out of 4 star rating. I liked the story just fine and thought it was very good. I know some people claimed it wasn't very believable to find a Pyramid beneath the ice but how believable is it to stubble across Aliens + Predators anyways. I loved all the visual effects for the movie and thought they were great. The whole PG-13 thing didn't even bother me so much either. I guess the main complaint would be that in a movie titled Alien vs Predator there wasn't a whole lot of Aliens fighting Predators. If they added say 10-20 mins of just actual fight scenes (+ had the 2 Predators kill some Aliens before dying) and maybe a few more scenes showing the terror of the humans after being separated and trapped in the tunnels then it would have been, in my mind, at least a 3 star movie.

The new movie promises a lot of actual Aliens fighting Predators and a lot of Gore and that's all fine and well but the story needs to hold up. Does letting Aliens loose in modern day Colorado really fit with the Alien timeline?

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Oct 01, 2007, 04:35:19 PM
Does letting Aliens loose in modern day Colorado really fit with the Alien timeline?
No... :P

zombie_sidekick

zombie_sidekick

I voted for disappointment.

I mean, that film was a PG-13 action flick with Aliens and Predator in it. Apart from being "pro Alien", apart from thermal vision changes and all that shit, AVP was just IMMATURE.

Yeah, just IMMATURE.

Whale bones, pyramid experts and papercuts.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

The film wasn't entirely pro-Alien. True the one Alien did kill those two Predators, which is totally, in my opinion, unrealistic, but the whole back story concerned the Predators. I didn't mind the vision modifications at all. In fact i thought they looked really good, especially the Alien vision (forgot the technical name). I really think all the movie needed was 10-20 more minutes of actual Aliens fighting Predators. I don't think the movie needed more gore really. More bloodshed alone would not have helped the quality of the movie.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Oct 01, 2007, 07:34:16 PM
I didn't mind the vision modifications at all. In fact i thought they looked really good, especially the Alien vision (forgot the technical name).

Yeah I agree with you on that part. There were lots of things that I really didnt like about the movie but the Alien Vision wasnt one of them. Don't know why its been getting such heat.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

I liked the other movies better like "aliens" and "predator 2". :) Avp was good beause you got to see the two greatest monsters fight each other. :D The fact that two predators kind of lost too easily to one alien disapoints me. :(

axeman

axeman

I enjoyed AVP though it`s not the preferred way I`d have like to have seen the first film of the two species together.

I know it`s unoriginal but I`ve had LOVED to have seen AVP be based on the original Dark Horse 4 part comic. Now that was a fantastic story & certainly would have set up the franchise a lot better IMHO.
Add you`ve also then established the AVP in the similiar timeframe as ALIENS,so your letting so much become a possibility instead of the way they actually went.

Also the key thing to remember in both ALIENS & Predator movies,humanity is the winner neither of the monsters.
Though a Pred movie with the Pred winning,then moving onto his next game,  that would be interesting.
Whilst the Alien wise,maybe human`s surviving as rats & the Aliens are the Dominant species.

Still as said I did enjoy the AVP movie & I`m truely looking forward to seeing AVP-R,this really could do so much more justice for the whole AVP franchise.

Stalker

Stalker

Well, after not watching it in months, I decided to cut AVP some slack & re-watch it with an open mind....what a waste of time.

The film leaves you with the biggest feeling of "Is that it?" in history. A pathetically short running time, almost no creature scenes whatsoever, bad casting, aliens & predators that are next to nothing like their predecessors...the list goes on & on.

Now I remember why I hadn't watched it in so long....what a poor excuse for what could have been an excellent movie.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Although I like AVP I haven't really had the tme to watch it, along with the other films, anyway, I liked it the first time I watched it, I didn't really care much for Scar's face :P. I gave it a 9.5/10 for many reasons, Special Effects, good atempt, excellent back story, and a few atmospheric moments.
(I have reasons for giving Alien a 7/10 ;))

joballs45

joballs45

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 12, 2007, 03:04:51 PM
Well, after not watching it in months, I decided to cut AVP some slack & re-watch it with an open mind....what a waste of time.

The film leaves you with the biggest feeling of "Is that it?" in history. A pathetically short running time, almost no creature scenes whatsoever, bad casting, aliens & predators that are next to nothing like their predecessors...the list goes on & on.

Now I remember why I hadn't watched it in so long....what a poor excuse for what could have been an excellent movie.

dont worry AVPR will give us somthing good

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I hope AvP-R really does. I'm becoming more skeptical of it for some reason though. Thing is really loved the plot for AvP, i thought it was great. Yeah, finding a pyramid buried beneath the Artic may not be all too realistic but it is a Sci-Fi movie were taking about. I just wish they could have beefed the movie up + given the respective creatures more screen time, more fight time, + have the Predators dice a few more Xeno's before being killed off. AvP-R may deliver all the action but the 1st movie definitely had the better sounding plot, and certainly a better setting in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed