The Wolverine (Read 203,715 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 24, 2013, 12:36:57 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jul 18, 2013, 11:11:47 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 18, 2013, 07:47:58 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 18, 2013, 07:34:24 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 17, 2013, 03:35:31 PM
Prepare for another weak ending. Even Pacific Rim had a rather lame last act, and sounds like Wolverine will be no different. What gives?

Sounds interesting though, and I'm sure going to love that Japanese imagery. Kind of excited to see it after Origins *pukes*

I do hope the post-credits scene won't be as lame as the one I saw for Wolverine: Origins.

"I drink to remember." wat

Still better than the one I got.

"Col. Stryker? You're wanted for questioning in the murder of General Whatshisface."
Or the one I got.

"Shh."

Actually, that one wasn't too bad I thought. At least the breaking the fourth-wall thing was keeping in-line with the Deadpool character.
A bit late for that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Just back from this.

Nothing jaw-dropping but definitely some good entertainment, and absolutely better than X-Men 3.

Loved the mid-credits scene too.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jul 25, 2013, 10:35:58 PM
Just back from this.

Nothing jaw-dropping but definitely some good entertainment, and absolutely better than X-Men 3.

Does that mean it's better than Origins, too? Any walking away from explosions?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Origins? Oh yes. Decidedly better than that one too.

No walking away from explosions. There is some cheese but it is well dosed.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jul 25, 2013, 11:51:08 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 26, 2013, 12:03:19 AM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Jul 25, 2013, 11:51:08 PM

http://www.flyingpigconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/explosions.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Talk all you wish about Game of Thrones...

Spoiler
But leave Iron Man alone ;-;
[close]

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2013, 11:36:59 PM
Just back from this.

Does that mean it's better than Origins, too? Any walking away from explosions?

The trailers were already better than Origins.

blood.

blood.

If I hadn't seen that shot on the train where he's roaring while hurtling through the air claws first in every single trailer I would have thought it was so epic... instead when it happened I knew what was coming and it wasn't that great. Film makers need these sorts of money shots to wow people, but don't show them in the trailer. Otherwise people will be wowed to see the movie and have nothing left to wow about while watching... Does that make sense? At least have a bunch of money shots in the movie and only show one or two in the trailer. They even showed the giant silver samurai thingy in the trailers which I thought was a big surprise?
Spoiler
Also, in the trailer they showed wolverine catch the sword before it kills the redhead which ruins all suspense for the scene, you know wolverine is going to come back from the dead... and in which manner he does... and at almost the exact time he does...

Thought I'd spoiler this anyway though because it was only briefly seen in the trailer and people may not have seen that part
[close]

I had similar concerns about hulk in the avengers because they were showing a lot of cool shots of him in the trailers. Thank god they didn't show the puny god part in any trailer. 

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 26, 2013, 09:46:13 AM
Film makers need these sorts of money shots to wow people, but don't show them in the trailer. Otherwise people will be wowed to see the movie and have nothing left to wow about while watching.

To the people in charge, we as an audience have already bought the ticket because their money shots sold the whole film. They got us into the theater. To the power players behind the curtain, the mission is accomplished.

Your average movie goer doesn't memorize a movie trailer anyway. They have the vague recollection of "This is cool, I remember I wanted to see this!" And that's who they are pandering to. That's who they are trying to convince to go see the movie. Not us. All they have to do to get us to go to the movie is say: *BOOM* The Wolverine ... Based on Frank Millers Japan saga *BOOM*

Millions in advertising saved.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Just back from this.

Glad to hear it. I might go see this on the weekend.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just saw this. Yeah, it was good. :)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Just got back from it.

Other than a little minor editing of the opening scene (to rearrange the course of events that lead up to the main story) and the reoccurring Jean Grey moments (about one or two too many) I loved the film. Easily the best looking movie in the X-Men series. Surprising more faithful to Miller's Wolverine limited series than I imagined. They changed just what the needed to and improved upon it in many ways.

The cinematography was awesome. Lighting, composition, just fantastic. Also loved the music. My God the music, especially the quieter moments ... just haunting and taut with emotion and spiritual journeys.

I loved the layers. It was about a man struggling against the animal inside, a warrior struggling to find his purpose after the war. The past versus the future at the expense of the present. It was about a man/country and it's ability to recover, and heal from the brink of tremendous loss and flourish again ... to be redeemed. It was about technology pushing back nature and replacing honor and tradition with the modern trappings of industry and greed.

Recommended.

EDIT**

Haha Shasvre! In a nutshell.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

I also liked Hobo Logan. I almost wish we had gotten to see more of him.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

They had to clean him up for the ladies. But a Logan living on the fringe was very interesting to watch for about 15 or 20 minutes.

Didn't you feel the whole bear/hunters sequence was oddly cut together?
Spoiler

Logan meeting the bear before it was poisoned and driven insane felt sort of unnecessary. Logan seeing the asshole hunters in town was unnecessary as well. Should have started with tracking the already insane bear and from there tracking down the hunters who were responsible afterwards. Because the way it was presented it didn't feel like anyone else but the hunters were attacked by the bear in the first place.

Spoiler
I understand the bear was basically a metaphor for Logan. A beast that just wanted to be left alone but was poisoned, driven insane by circumstances beyond his control ... leading to loss of innocent life. But it still felt ... off. Maybe it was originally shot differently and the cut it together to make the bear seem more sympathetic from the get go?
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed