Skyfall (Bond 23)

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 04, 2009, 07:44:03 PM

Author
Skyfall (Bond 23) (Read 110,652 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..continuity is rebooted every time there's a new actor in the bond role.

The Craig films all have solid "inner continuity."

Hubbs will have a heart attack if Idris Elba dons the Bond role after Daniel Craig.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 06, 2013, 01:21:43 PM
There is no real continuity between Bonds, you f**kin' baboon.

This one's going in the AVPGALAXYQUOTES thread.  :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 06, 2013, 01:25:19 PM

Hubbs will have a heart attack if Idris Elba dons the Bond role after Daniel Craig.

I'd love to see that.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I'd love to see both of those things happening. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Colin Salmon > Idris Elba

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Nope.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Salmon has already played a supporting character in three Bond movies though, and dude's bald. Idris Elba would be perfect, suave as f**k, handsome as f**k, seduced Charlize Theron by asking if she had a mechanical hoo-haw, he's practically Bond already.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Well no, geez don't you guys read or understand anything?! 'Bond' is a code name character so the character can be played by anyone. When one 007 agent dies a new guy takes up the role, so its not an issue.

This doesn't work with 'Felix' or 'Moneypenny', that's why its just stupid. And like I say, the way these characters just flip looks, age and now race it becomes ridiculous. Like I say, if 'Han Solo' is a mixed race guy in the new films is that acceptable for the franchise continuity? or basic plot sense?.

And yes I realise there is hardly any sensible continuity in the Bond franchise, that's why I think its very poor tongue n cheek stuff. I like continuity where possible :) other wise many films would be just naff.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 06, 2013, 01:29:01 PM
Nope.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 06, 2013, 01:32:14 PM
Salmon has already played a supporting character in three Bond movies though, and dude's bald. Idris Elba would be perfect, suave as f**k, handsome as f**k, seduced Charlize Theron by asking if she had a mechanical hoo-haw, he's practically Bond already.

Hey, I can't not choose the guy called Salmon. I don't have it in me. :'(

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 06, 2013, 01:32:58 PM'Bond' is a code name character so the character can be played by anyone.

No, it isn't.

Gazz

Gazz

I thought Skyfall did away with this poorly stretched fan theory by confirming that 'Bond' isn't a code name.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 06, 2013, 01:32:58 PM
Well no, geez don't you guys read or understand anything?! 'Bond' is a code name character so the character can be played by anyone. When one 007 agent dies a new guy takes up the role, so its not an issue.
No, you red-assed chest beater, it's a single character. Did you even watch Skyfall? Do you even lift?

Hubbs

Hubbs

How the hell can Bond not be a code name??!! I thought all the 007's were agents of a special 'trained unit' as it were, one dies, another takes the role.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 06, 2013, 01:32:14 PM
Idris Elba would be perfect, suave as f**k, handsome as f**k, seduced Charlize Theron by asking if she had a mechanical hoo-haw, he's practically Bond already.

KING DRIIS!  :laugh:  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH5QDM7TH6I#ws

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 06, 2013, 01:38:09 PM
How the hell can Bond not be a code name??!! I thought all the 007's were agents of a special 'trained unit' as it were, one dies, another takes the role.

No, they're just reboots. Minor spoilers for Skyfall:

Spoiler
Skyfall confirms Bond to be the characters birth name. Thus making each new Bond character to be a reboot with the possible exception of George Lazenby.
[close]

Eva

Eva

The 00s are code names assigned to whoever is promoted to that position - 'James Bond' isn't a code name. As long as 007 *is* James Bond, they would have to stick with Fleming's basic idea of who Bond is.

IHMSS actually revealed tidbits of Bonds posh family origins - 'The World Is Not Enough' and all that.

As for continuity between the films - well, some is out the window (Blofeld is played by different actors through all Connery's films) and some is retained (M, Q, Moneypenny etc..). You just need to keep in mind that the producers selected what original stories to base the films on in non-chronological fashion and when I say 'based', you need to take that very lightly for most of the films made. People didn't pay attention to film chronology back in those days to the degree we do today.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 06, 2013, 01:37:58 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 06, 2013, 01:32:58 PM
Do you even lift?

:laugh: :laugh:

But, yeah, I like Idris Elba more than Colin Salmon, though, I suppose I wouldn't be too upset if he got the job, either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed