URGENT help needed - predator effects

Started by Shadow, Mar 04, 2009, 05:34:28 PM

Author
URGENT help needed - predator effects (Read 4,103 times)

Shadow

alright, many of you remember my film predator Newblood. filmed over a year ago and delayed again and again. well, its like this:

first of, everyone wants it done, or well, those still remembering it :P

secondly, i need my most recent work finished for showing up when im gonna try enter schools to work with film, to finally fullfill my dreams :)

so what do i need help with? the whole delay reason was Cloaking. im not aware how to do it and time is too short for me to learn it and get good enough. i can edit plasma myself, and visions if i must. but cloaking, no. basicly, the other guy who was to help me got too busy, and are hard to reach.

so im looking for anyone with the knowledge of editing cloaking to a live-acting film. a good idea is to show me a sample of your work. you don't need to be a pro, just make the pred look cloaked, with a decent look of course. and i can't affort it to take several months, the faster the better as im really staring to run out of time.

you will of course get credit in the film credits and on the site.

Predator newblood site: http://www.shadow-avp.se/newblood/

anyone interested reply to this thread, i also need you to add my msn for contact and instructions on each clip stoppable750@hotmail.com

i hope to get some interest :)

Johnny Handsome

First i have to see the footage that you shot for the effects, if its good enough then maybe i can help you.

Shadow

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 05:54:31 PM
First i have to see the footage that you shot for the effects, if its good enough then maybe i can help you.

what do you mean? like good enough film as in "not nooby crap film" or quality?

the scenes are made in two stages, same clip with and without the pred

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Shadow on Mar 04, 2009, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 05:54:31 PM

what do you mean? like good enough film as in "not nooby crap film" or quality?

the scenes are made in two stages, same clip with and without the pred
I need a certain quality to work properly.

Remember, the effects are getting only so good as the material you shot.
Shitty material= Shitty effects
Good material that is shot properly= good effects.

Shadow

if its the quality you are depending on, i think it should be no problem. the other guy have without problems made cloaking effects out of clips from my camera

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Shadow on Mar 04, 2009, 11:20:05 PM
if its the quality you are depending on, i think it should be no problem. the other guy have without problems made cloaking effects out of clips from my camera
What about you PM me a link to one little clip and i see what i can do for you, if youre happy we can talk further.

I'm sure you will agree that i cant say that I'm doing it for you without seeing anything and depending on the footage i have to find a way myself how to pull it off properly.

So PM me and i will see what i can do for you, if not then not.

ShadowPred

I've been waiting for this thing to finsih for like...a very long time. SOMEONE HELP THE MAN!!!

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 05, 2009, 04:26:00 AM
I've been waiting for this thing to finsih for like...a very long time. SOMEONE HELP THE MAN!!!
As you can read in the other posts i made I'm willing to do so, its up to him.

ShadowPred

SHADOW, JUST GIVE HIM THE FOOTAGE!!! Been too damn long, since freaking early 2005 i've been waiting for this.

Shadow

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 04, 2009, 11:25:17 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Mar 04, 2009, 11:20:05 PM
What about you PM me a link to one little clip and i see what i can do for you, if youre happy we can talk further.

I'm sure you will agree that i cant say that I'm doing it for you without seeing anything and depending on the footage i have to find a way myself how to pull it off properly.

So PM me and i will see what i can do for you, if not then not.

i understand your point. i will PM you on monday or so, because i dont have time today to do anything, and im away over weekend. youtube lowers the quality a bit :( (reason why i want to send the clips over msn and in detail discuss each scene). but i'll try get you a sample footage on monday if its alright?

film trailer teaser trailer:
will do a new better trailer as soon as i have a few effects to show in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9p6e0ul2mE&feature=channel_page

two screenshots, same scene with and without pred. you can test a cloaked pic if you wish . sadly the pics sucks as i cant screenshot them with print screen, and when i take a frame pic of a clip in movie maker it ends up small and it sucks. but at least you can test them. cus the clips can just be better, not worse than this....

hope it helps until monday
@ shadowpred, you can wait as long as to monday can you ? :P

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

You didn't use a greensceen, which makes things much more difficult, i have to rotoscope the whole thing frame by frame before i can apply the effects to the layer.

It will be a long process.

This is something how it could look with your footage and given that the quality is bad in this screenshot i don't think one can do much better.
The GIf should just give you a general idea of course the quality is miserable.

Shadow

dude! thats more than good enough!. plus, the clips are better quality than the screenshots. so if you want to do it, you are in :)

ii'll PM u on monday ;)

ShadowPred

f**k it...been waiting for years...no time to complain now about the damn quality...and like shadow said...that is more than enpugh, hell it's better than I expected.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Shadow on Mar 05, 2009, 07:42:33 PM
dude! thats more than good enough!. plus, the clips are better quality than the screenshots. so if you want to do it, you are in :)

ii'll PM u on monday ;)
Alrighty.

And if you need any help with other effects such as muzzle fire from guns, laser blasts, any type of space scenes just let me now. Add some real good action to your scenes.

Adding a bit of professional CG effects to your film will give it a bigger scope and i can do that for you if you want.
Push the release a bit back and work this thing out properly(with my help) then you might have something that people can consider one of the better fanfilms.

ShadowPred

FALL

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed