Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 362,906 times)

Griffith

Griffith

I don't know about the rest of you but once I get this the first thing I will do is watch that f**king scene of burke being cocooned . Am I the only one here who is obsessed with that outtake?

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Yeah, I want to see that. According to Cameron it isn't even that good, but it's like an itch you can never scratch.

Griffith

Griffith

Ok I was looking forward to get my copy of the anthology when I stumbled across this article regarding Alien 3 BR disc It's in spanish so I took the liberty to translate it, so maybe someone can confirm this info wich I found VERY interesting.

The Curious case of Alien 3

An equip of Technicians in the hands of Charles de Lauzirika studied the whole material created by fincher at his moment. Even, they achieved to recover and restore the negative of the excluded sequences to be able to create this version. This alternative cut was included in the dvd version, however most of the never before scene material lacked of remasterization and restoration making a huge difference with the rest of the material. That's how the own Lauzirika comment: "For the Blu-Ray version we restored completly the Fincher Version. It was a hard work because a few unpublished sequences needed more work. We achieved to reincorporate few segments of the Original score and bring back the original cast for studio dubbing.

Lauzirika tried to contact in several occasions the film maker to offer him the chance to finish the film, but he reaffirmed his interest in not being involved again in any project related to this franchise.

Source http://www.artstudiomagazine.com/cine/alien-blu-ray.html

If this is true wich is possible It's awesome that FOX did an effort to get the original cast back for audio dubbing and such a shame that fincher didn't want to be related to his film, I can't even imagine how bad it was for him. Maybe he still have nightmares dreaming with the producers. :D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Oct 23, 2010, 12:24:44 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 23, 2010, 12:10:05 AM
I wonder how they fixed the Bishop hole problem?

Computah magik

This is the kind of fixing I approve of.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Griffith on Oct 23, 2010, 05:21:31 AM
An equip of Technicians in the hands of Charles de Lauzirika studied the whole material created by fincher at his moment. Even, they achieved to recover and restore the negative of the excluded sequences to be able to create this version. This alternative cut was included in the dvd version, however most of the never before scene material lacked of remasterization and restoration making a huge difference with the rest of the material. That's how the own Lauzirika comment: "For the Blu-Ray version we restored completly the Fincher Version. It was a hard work because a few unpublished sequences needed more work. We achieved to reincorporate few segments of the Original score and bring back the original cast for studio dubbing.

Thanks for the translation.  :)

I was wondering if they'd tinker around with the score a little more for the additional footage in the assembly cut. I always felt the music editing for that stuff could have been finessed a little more. Also great to hear they've done further restoration to the image as well.

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 23, 2010, 05:31:27 AM
This is the kind of fixing I approve of.

Agreed. It also makes me wonder if any dodgy compositing effects in Alien 3 have been cleaned up at all (though I doubt it).

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

I might be able to fetch mine from the depot, they going to ring me back.... fingers crossed .

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Keyes

Keyes

Thanks for the translation Griffith, is there any chance you could do the whole article please? I need something to read while I'm waiting for the set ;D

BUGZ

BUGZ

I'm loving the films on bluray! The films look incredible. So glad I got the set early! Worth the wait guys!

Bri

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: Daz_85 on Oct 23, 2010, 10:19:11 AM
Thanks for the translation Griffith, is there any chance you could do the whole article please? I need something to read while I'm waiting for the set ;D

Sure thing, however most of the article describes what we already know, about james cameron degraining the film and stuff like that  just a few highlights deserves some kind of attention like

Charles de Lauzirika, author of the last set of the DVD saga, is again the man in charge to direct this project wich will show all the final versions of the film after an intense process of restoring and mixing.

This new compiled set include content some kind similar to the one offered in the DVD edition Alien Quadrilogy, this one presents as a major feature a complete restoration of the four films, but in special the second and the third one where it was given a process of "major surgery".

In the cases of Alien and Alien Resurrection didn't present major problems. Both directors simply limited to aprove the remasterization to High definition so their directors cut version were completed back in 2004.

I read here at avpgalaxy that Alien 3 was a full transfer to BR  with minor updates and green screen removal (can't remember wich thread it was) and a complete restoration was given just to Alien and Aliens, I'm so glad that Alien 3 had a full treatment. It makes me happy  ;D

P.s. Ignore grammar translation, english is not my first language but I guess it's an understandable reading right?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Confirmation that Alien 3's rod puppet has been given a digital dusting, anyone?

Griffith

Griffith

also the queen's neck hole is it there yet?

Huol

Huol

Yeah I noticed it.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Sucks that I have to wait until Christmas but I'm certain it'll be worth it. ;D

Keyes

Keyes

Thanks again Griffith! Apparently there's an exclusive with Charles de Lauzirika in the latest Home Cinema Choice magazine here in the UK... I asked someone to type out/scan it for me, but he said go buy it :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed