Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,317 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shakermakerman on Oct 22, 2010, 07:23:15 PM
I was hoping to be watching Alien tonight.... But thanks to some courier noob I've got to wait....

It's why I one day hope to eventually rise to a position where I can sack off the postal/delivery services, all of them. Rehire and become a mail dictator to ensure all the incompetents are removed.

Mine hasn't come today. Am hoping on tomorrow or there shall be tears.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I've held off watching any Alien films since I pre-ordered the movies months ago. Getting the shakes now 0_0

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2010, 08:58:13 PM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Oct 22, 2010, 07:23:15 PM
I was hoping to be watching Alien tonight.... But thanks to some courier noob I've got to wait....

It's why I one day hope to eventually rise to a position where I can sack off the postal/delivery services, all of them. Rehire and become a mail dictator to ensure all the incompetents are removed.

Mine hasn't come today. Am hoping on tomorrow or there shall be tears.

Trouble is mine did, but the courier went to the house round the corner (its happend before) , nice of the chap to come round to give me my calling card though. *sob*

First Blood

First Blood

Did he return it to you or is it still at the wrong guys house?

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

He wasnt in when they came, they left the calling card there and he brought it to me. The blu-rays are back at the depot.

Huol

Huol

Just finished Alien and Aliens back to back.

I can't believe how clean Aliens looks.

AND THEY FIXED THE BISHOP HOLE MISTAKE.

First Blood

First Blood

Must resist urge to fap. I think I might cave and get this.

Aliens looks that good!? As if it was filmed yesterday?

Huol

Huol

Its insane.
You can actually see what the f**k is going on in the red lighting scenes.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Huol on Oct 22, 2010, 11:46:45 PM
Its insane.
You can actually see what the f**k is going on in the red lighting scenes.

Just a grunt

Just a grunt

So, just watched Alien, here is my verdict.

The picture is astonishingly good. I cannot believe it's 31 years old, my daughter watched with me and with a lot less bias she said it looks like it was filmed yesterday. This is on a 55 inch LCD TV which really shows up any flaws. Every detail is there, every drop of sweat on the actor's faces, the colours are richer, far more contrast, beautiful deep blacks and brilliant brilliant detail on the closeups. The alien when about to attack Parker is incredible, you can clearly see the almost chromium finish of the teeth, even little reflections in them. The only slight anomaly I noticed is an occasional depth of field issue, whilst the main focus is spot on, items behind the main focus be it people or objects sometimes seemed slightly out of focus where you would expect them to be in focus, but this is nitpicking at a ridiculous level. The sound is also excellent, definitely improved, richer and clearer with good use of DTS 5.1. Menu system is pretty cool but not had too much time to play with it yet. Simply cannot wait for Aliens tomorrow. If you haven't yet seen it, waiting for it to be delivered, or chasing the postman because it went to the wrong address, don't worry, the wait will add to the anticipation and believe me, it's worth the wait.

Picture 9.9/10
Sound 9/10
Presentation, menus, boxes etc 9.5/10

10/10 doesn't exist because nothing is perfect, but this aint far off.

Enjoy

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

i've been reading this thread for a while, but had no reason to post.

Spoiler
JESUS f**kING CRAP I NEED THIS SET.
[close]

I wonder how they fixed the Bishop hole problem?

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 23, 2010, 12:10:05 AM
I wonder how they fixed the Bishop hole problem?

Computah magik

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

<3

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Just a grunt on Oct 22, 2010, 11:53:08 PM
The only slight anomaly I noticed is an occasional depth of field issue, whilst the main focus is spot on, items behind the main focus be it people or objects sometimes seemed slightly out of focus where you would expect them to be in focus, but this is nitpicking at a ridiculous level.
That's not an anomaly -- they were filming the movie so quickly they often didn't get the focus perfect (Ridley addressed the issue in the 20th anniversary commentary)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed