Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,329 times)

SM

SM

Of course.

Could be any number of reasons she didn't do it.  She only barely got on the last DVD release.

maybe she just can't think of 8 hours of stuff to talk about.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

QuoteWait... what?! Son of a.... where did you hear this? Last I heard, all four films were getting the upgrade treatment for Blu-ray.

Well they're all going to be in high definition if thats what you mean.  But they did not go back and clean up the prints, do color correction, etc. like they did with Alien and Aliens.  I don't think they really needed to though. 

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 01, 2010, 04:05:16 PM
QuoteWait... what?! Son of a.... where did you hear this? Last I heard, all four films were getting the upgrade treatment for Blu-ray.

Well they're all going to be in high definition if thats what you mean.  But they did not go back and clean up the prints, do color correction, etc. like they did with Alien and Aliens.  I don't think they really needed to though.

Damn. Alien 3 could've really used the treatment. Resurrection could probably get away with it since the quality's pretty clean. *sigh*

So Sigourney isn't going to be a part of the set, huh? Crap. I thought for sure she was going to at least do some commentary and/or new interviews about her experience with the franchise.

Quote from: AvatarIII on Oct 01, 2010, 08:33:37 AM
maybe she just can't think of 8 hours of stuff to talk about.

Or maybe she knows she wouldn't be able to keep herself from going off on an anti-Fox rant. lol

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Anybody got any scans of the DVD & BLU-RAY REVIEW 6 page preview?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

German trailer showing off MU-TH-UR and menus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKr66fEcmwY

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Funky?

Germany aside, those menus are looking finger lickin' good. I look forward to even the loading screens.

Keyes

Keyes

HD version of that trailer: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1638183435144&ref=mf

Blatently using the old DVDs as the source of the movie footage here, but cool seeing the new menus... they look great!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

At first I was like :(, the Runner is still greenah. Then I read Daz's post, and I'm like :), Hope's still there. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He is indeed correct. The footage isn't the new Blu-ray one. Trust me  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, as said I trust him (and you), he's one of the major "Reporters" regarding video media. :)

Keyes

Keyes

I did a quick check yesterday comparing an Aliens blu-ray screen shot to the same scene in the video (the Newt in the sewer one), and the look and colours are quite different, so it's defo from the DVD :)

Keyes

Keyes

Got the magazine today. The interview with Charles de Lauzirika is actually cobbled from a Fox press event last year, the ComicCon panel this year, the DigitalBits book and other comments here and there. The good Corporal has pretty much outlined the major points of the magazine article, but I noticed a few other noteworthy things:

- Newly filmed segment with actor Jon Finch, explaining why he was almost in Alien and why John Hurt took over the role. This piece is intercut with footage from the few days he filmed.

- Lance Henriksen and Charles Dance returned to re-loop their dialogue for the Alien3 Special Edition. Though it's not mentioned in the article, I can confirm Sigourney Weaver did too.

- Alien3 uncut documentary + Enhancement pod extras now create an even stronger story than it would have done had they released the uncut version back on the Quadrilogy.

- Enhancement pods are like deleted and extended scenes from the original documentaries, delving even deeper into subject matters. A few post-Quadrilogy segments were made too.

- "We've raided the archives to bring out every last scrap of cool stuff for this release".

- 2 versions of the isolated scores for Alien and Aliens. Composer's intended version and Director's version.

- "The Alien3 menu actually helps fill in a plot hole. A lot of fans have asked, 'Where did the egg come from in Alien3, how did the story even start? because it makes no sense when you see the film. Well, the menus attempt to tell that story". Lots of archive nuggets in the menus.

- Incase people didn't quite understand the MU-TH-UR mode, it's basically where you can select topics of interest while watching the films, and watch making-ofs on them later. You can select for example "chestbursters" while watching one of the films, your blu-ray/PS3 player will remember this... then when you pop in Disc 5 it'll remember what you selected, and present a selection of material for you to watch based on your noted interests.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Daz_85 on Oct 02, 2010, 05:03:30 PM
- Lance Henriksen and Charles Dance returned to re-loop their dialogue for the Alien3 Special Edition. Though it's not mentioned in the article, I can confirm Sigourney Weaver did too.

That's good to hear. I wonder if Charles Dutton or Danny Webb came back as well. I know they both had some dialogue that was still rather hissy production audio in the assembly cut.

Also, I'd been wondering if they were going to address the egg issue in Alien 3 ever since this screencap of the menu was released:

alienfan95610

alienfan95610

I had a strange dream concerning Alien 3 plot holes and morons...thank goodness it was just a dream  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed