Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,203 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alright guys, let's get back on topic. Feel free to create a thread for Terminator in the Movies board.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I know the other films are going to look amazing and have interesting extras.

But personally for me, I can't wait to see what they did with Alien 3 the extended version. In the special edition DVD you can clearly tell the delete footage was poorly colour graded with the original version. The sound was kind of distored at times too.

Hopefully they fixed it all up and it all matches perfectly, that would be insane, that will be like watching Alien 3 for the first time.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Insane would be a re-compositing without green blob.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Wonder if they'll do anything to make Boss' composite Alien look better, that doesn't constitute 'doing a Lucas', does it?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No it doesn't. If I'm not wrong they recomposited some Stop-Motion models in the blu-ray of Clash of the Titans, so I don't see why they couldn't do it with this release, especially since it really needs some adjusting.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 18, 2010, 07:09:40 PM
No it doesn't. If I'm not wrong they recomposited some Stop-Motion models in the blu-ray of Clash of the Titans, so I don't see why they couldn't do it with this release, especially since it really needs some adjusting.
And, I may be wrong, but wasn't the shot of the newborn Bambi-burster running off a new CG effect made for the AC?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I dunno. I remember them filming the rod puppet in front of the Ox though.

Valaquen

Valaquen

This is the one I mean:

There's a further shot of it running away too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It was. That was done just for the AC.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2010, 09:29:58 PM
It was. That was done just for the AC.
Excellent. Well, I wonder if any further retouching will be done to the Boss puppet.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The newborn alien was CG?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 19, 2010, 02:51:50 AM
What? Were we talking about that?  ??? :P
(It was an animatronic, btw).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 19, 2010, 02:51:50 AM
If you are referring to the shot Valaquen posted, yes.
If you are referring to the Newborn creature, no. Only digitally removed the genitals.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Ah, my bad. I thought newborn with a capital 'N'.

Griffith

Griffith

What's up people good news about the de-grain thing with ALIENS

The worry is if the changes have a negative impact, much like the odd color timing on "French Connection" or the recently degrained "Predator" which made the various faces look very plastic (but admittedly didn't get a full director-supervised remaster). The Digital Bits has posted a piece about this with comments from people who claim to have seen the remaster.

"Everyone we trust who was involved, and/or has actually SEEN the new Aliens HD master for Blu-ray, reports to us that the film looks terrific. To the degree that DNR (digital noise reduction) was used, it was applied carefully and with a light hand, with an eye toward striking the proper balance between maintaining the detail and integrity of the image and the desire to reduce grain and address the deficiencies of the stock used at the time. There is apparently STILL grain left in the image, it's just no longer excessive or distracting."

I feel relieved since the critics went out about the DNR on Predator and how bad It looked specially on que "plastic faces", I personallly haven't watched that restored version to express my personal opinion but this news makes me extremely happy and want me to grab my fingers on the quad right away. I couldn't expect less than a personal supervision from Cameron I mean it's one of his babies and being a perfectionst as him I'm not strange about the news. Just happy  ;D

Source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18111/disc-news-august-29th-2010

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed