Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,287 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I don't think Predator 2 got a shitty Blu-Ray release though.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Even though I hate the movie, the P2 Blu-Ray looks and sounds amazing. They did a very good job on it.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I have yet to watch it, but I also have yet to watch the rest of the Anthology. xD I've only watched ALIEN so far.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Same. And half of Aliens  :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry, what's being argued here?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Nothing I don't think, not between Vul and I anyway. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No, Omega and the others. Not sure I get what they're arguing about.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Something about Res that's been really drawn out over a few pages, I lost track and interest a while ago.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2011, 05:44:37 PM
Alien: Resurrection's relatively lacking Blu-Ray transfer has its reason found on the "fact" (::)) that the general public ("people") cares very little for this film... if that was true, we'd not have that rumbling, sweet gem that is the Predator 2 Blu-Ray, which is another film which people don't exactly praise.
The general argument though is
Why is A:R's transfer so damn mediocre and disappointing compared to the other Anthology releases?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I doubt it was down to the general public. I bet it was down to the producers not wanting to do it due to their own reasoning (which may have been a dislike for the film themselves).

SM

SM

The answer would be as per Ants comment on the last page - money.

They poured the money into the Alien and Aliens transfers because they're going to be the most watched.  I haven't watched Alien3 yet to judge, but relooping the dialogue wouldn't have been cheap.

Simple fact is Resurrection - a very nice looking film no matter what you think of the storyline - got visually shafted.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Same thing happened with the Batman Anthology. Whilst the two Burton films were given absolutely fantabulous new transfers, both of the Schumacher movies just look "pretty good".

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 27, 2011, 06:22:24 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2011, 05:44:37 PM
Alien: Resurrection's relatively lacking Blu-Ray transfer has its reason found on the "fact" (::)) that the general public ("people") cares very little for this film... if that was true, we'd not have that rumbling, sweet gem that is the Predator 2 Blu-Ray, which is another film which people don't exactly praise.
The general argument though is
Why is A:R's transfer so damn mediocre and disappointing compared to the other Anthology releases?

What is your reasoning as to why they did such a craptastic job on the anthology then?  If it isn't because they didn't want to put the money in, what WAS the reason in your opinion?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Jan 28, 2011, 02:00:15 AM
Simple fact is Resurrection - a very nice looking film no matter what you think of the storyline - got visually shafted.
Wholeheartedly this. They could've done a whole world better.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 28, 2011, 05:20:00 AM
What is your reasoning as to why they did such a craptastic job on the anthology then?  If it isn't because they didn't want to put the money in, what WAS the reason in your opinion?
Dude, you do understand that I'm not searching for simply a reason, but I'm searching for a valid one?

War Wager

War Wager

I honeslty thought Rez had the best tranfer next to Alien, at least when I watched 'em. Aliens is pretty, but it's been cropped and manufactured to the point that it looks like a generic music video.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed