Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,267 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They've read the script. A script is already a clue, isn't it? Yet they supported it. I still don't understand what "so did most of the fanbase derp" trying to say. Be less cryptic.
I am still waiting for a link from a FOX guy saying that "Alien: Resurrection" is shit.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I am pretty sure the concept apart from the plot hole is average, they knew they could make a profit. They probably thought it was going to be a cult hit or something it seems very b movie. If you turn down an instant product with very little risk it is not very efficient. Plus the script got decent support from the fans didn't it? What I am saying is we knew as much as fox did really. And we were excited.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Mmm yeah. I don't think the actual script was released until after the release of the film (or we'd have seen SiL's epic essay much earlier! :D)
My point is that if Late Fox can approve AvPR, I couldn't really take it seriously if they say that A:R is shit, bar the fact I haven't seen yet any proof backing up such statement.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 19, 2011, 04:02:35 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 19, 2011, 12:18:49 AM
Incorrect.

Fox apparantly thought it was shit also.
Give me a link, a quote supporting this statement.

Oh and, the late FOX people are the same people that supported the production of AvPR, so derp.

I don't need a quote.  It's obvious.  They didn't put any effort into the Blu Ray.  Not in comparison to the rest of the anthology.

I work for a farm equipment corporation.  We once sold cheap New Holland zero turn mowers that were god awful pieces of shit and smelled like rotten cheese.  Of course we sold them.  But we also prayed we'd never see the sons of bitches again, we handed lots off to other dealers, and we never restocked any of them either.

If your in a corporation, you'll NEVER say you don't support an officially released product.  That looks bad.  But it doesn't mean that you do.  Luckily for us, New Holland got their shit together and quietly got rid of that line of product.

It's kind of like a gun dealer selling guns.  The first, second, and third films are like being a Smith and Wesson, Springfield, or Kimber 1911.  While Alien Resurrection is like being a cheap paraordnance 1911.  You only put so much into it to make a barely functioning, inaccurate product, and you don't put any more into it after its released.  Your not going to be getting something you can add top of the line after market stuff too.  Your getting what you paid for.

Alien Res is the black sheep of the anthology.  The majority of fans feel that way.  And Fox marketing sure as shit knows that.  The law of diminishing returns.

As for why management does shit.  Who the f**k knows.  Why the f**k would you release a tractor that smells like rotten cheese because the gas eats away at the fuel tank and lines it uses? 

Alien Res, AvP, and AvP R all made budget.  New Holland sold all of those zero turns.  Sometimes thats enough. 

You'll never see AvP or AvP R get top of the line treatment on rereleases because they aren't top of the line products.  It's simple marketing.

Valaquen

Valaquen

They got Scott and Cameron to supervise their transfers, and restored Alien 3's sound using the original actors. For AR, Jeunet was available and they didn't even bother to ask him. They didn't care.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 20, 2011, 01:53:50 AM
You'll never see AvP or AvP R get top of the line treatment on rereleases because they aren't top of the line products.  It's simple marketing.
Yet, the AvP & AvPR blu-rays have a pretty good picture quality. Mmmmm....

Everything you said is a clue on to how much Fox cares about A:R... but doesn't really feed me with the valid reason I am searching for. Fact that they don't care for the film is not a valid reason. At all.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 20, 2011, 03:22:52 PM

Everything you said is a clue on to how much Fox cares about A:R... but doesn't really feed me with the valid reason I am searching for. Fact that they don't care for the film is not a valid reason. At all.
:laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

LOL! :D
Well, I know AvPR is the darkest film you & I have ever seen, but look:

That is good picture quality.

Now look at a shot from Resurrection:

Not nearly as good.

Valaquen

Valaquen

I watched the blu once and my eyes were straining bad the extra detail went right over my head. It's not very watchable. Just today I was sitting in the students union having lunch with friends. We were talking about movies and someone mentioned the 'shite AVP 2.'
Embarrassing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Haha, yeah. Fact that they went straight out for a crystal clear PQ doesn't fix everything else. ;P

But, ultimately, do you see my point?

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Avp/r were probably already filmed in hd?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 20, 2011, 03:22:52 PM

So? 

They don't have the hours upon hours of extra features either.  One or the other.

SiL

SiL

AvP had about three hours.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In all fairness they are newer movies.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 21, 2011, 12:28:05 AM
So? 
So they did imput something when they ordered the Blu-Ray, don't you think?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2011, 10:08:12 AM
In all fairness they are newer movies.
Superman Returns is from 2006 and the PQ of the BR is, in all fairness, the grainiest BR you will ever see. Age isn't really an issue or a factor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed