Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 364,229 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

She enjoys them. Wouldn't call her a fan. I'd just finished watching A3 and she wanted to watch the next one.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Lucky man. My GF hates them  :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2011, 01:43:59 PM
She enjoys them. Wouldn't call her a fan. I'd just finished watching A3 and she wanted to watch the next one.
Careful! I watched Alien with my gf, and she has much respect for it. When we watched Aliens she'd never seen it before - and there were parts when she was literally jumping up and shouting at the screen in excitement. With Alien 3, she was angry about Newt and Hicks, was aware of its flaws, but like liked how it'd been shot. When we watched Resurrection, literally 10-15 mins in, she gave me this look. It was like I'd farted whilst busy in bed or something. She was so disappointed and I never lived down the shame. To this day she scowls when that film is mentioned.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 18, 2011, 01:30:47 AM
What are you talking?  Its a perfectly valid reason.
It's not.
If you have to restore a film, you restore it full stop. You don't do a mediocre job with it. Especially when you can pull out something like the Predator and Predator 2 Blu-Ray outta your pc.
And it is not a turd, just because you think so. :P

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 18, 2011, 06:02:23 PM
It's not.
If you have to restore a film, you restore it full stop. You don't do a mediocre job with it. Especially when you can pull out something like the Predator and Predator 2 Blu-Ray outta your pc.

Here, here.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 18, 2011, 05:57:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2011, 01:43:59 PM
Careful! I watched Alien with my gf, and she has much respect for it. When we watched Aliens she'd never seen it before - and there were parts when she was literally jumping up and shouting at the screen in excitement. With Alien 3, she was angry about Newt and Hicks, was aware of its flaws, but like liked how it'd been shot. When we watched Resurrection, literally 10-15 mins in, she gave me this look. It was like I'd farted whilst busy in bed or something. She was so disappointed and I never lived down the shame. To this day she scowls when that film is mentioned.

I didn't even show my girl the last two. She loved Alien and Aliens too much, didn't want to ruin the catharsis.

predxeno

predxeno

Smart idea. ;)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

It's not.
The movie industry is known for having deadlines set in stone, if they wanted alien ressurection equal to the others, the other better films would have suffered slightly and had a more even quality but alien and aliens would suffer

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's not.
If you have to restore a film, you restore it full stop. You don't do a mediocre job with it.

Incorrect.

Fox apparantly thought it was shit also.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 19, 2011, 12:18:49 AM

With all of Fox's decisions these days, I think Fox is sh!t too.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 19, 2011, 02:27:56 AM

With all of Fox's decisions these days, I think Fox is sh!t too.

You sure seem to feel that way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Incorrect.

Give me a link, a quote supporting this statement.

Oh and, the late FOX people are the same people that supported the production of AvPR, so derp.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

So did most of the fan base derp.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Supporting the production of AvPR? Of course, it had an awesome trailer. Then they enjoyed it and bashed it on a second moment (save exceptions). Don't really know what you are trying to say.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Fox didn't make the movie, by the time they knew it sucked they spent all the money on making it aey'? so really the only choice they had to put it out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed