Get Rid Of The Creature

Started by Xenomorphine, Dec 06, 2008, 04:53:57 AM

Author
Get Rid Of The Creature (Read 13,509 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The author concludes that the quote implies Scott and Weaver want to do a film about Ripley 8, which has nothing to do with the creatures. I'm open-minded enough to think that perhaps "other" science-fiction could mean a different avenue of approaching the same material, but have to admit, it's a fairly curious turn of phrase.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/17303/1/THE-ALIEN-LESS-MRS-RIPLEY/Page1.html

In any case, it seems to confirm that Weaver and Scott are still definitely talking about a project in the future. Cameron is not mentioned. Nor is whether the discussions have anything to do with the studio or if they're just something being done by the respective personalities in their spare time.

Would you go and see it, if it had nothing to do with the Alien? Not sure if I'd be interested. For me, the creature is what it has always been about, with Ripley being a way for the audience to relate to what's going on.

gameoverman

gameoverman

A good idea I think.  They should just explore the Jockey homeworld and find out the origin of the xenomorphs, and make the movie more like 2001.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Probably not. The Alien is the selling point. Without it it's just Ripley in space..who'd go see that?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its the Alien franchise.  I know it has been Ripley's story.  I've argued that on many different boards.  But its always been Ripley's story.........WITH ALIENS.

Taking the alien out is just making another superhero movie.  Unless the quote is misinterpreted, then I don't like the idea.

Unless by living other lives Ripley 8 herself becomes more the Alien.  (she had left all her humanity behind).  Taking the alien out would be like taking out Kryptonite in Superman.  Krptonite is a symbol for Superman's personal demons, as the aliens are the representation of humanities.  

Just don't like the idea.

Of course reading the rest of the story posted on other sites make it less bad.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Well the Space Jockey is the only thing left to explore.  The aliens have been done to death.  Ripley can't rest until she deals with them.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Ripley without the aliens in her life...It just doesnt seem right

Undeadite

Undeadite

Im not gonna get too worked up about this. There have been miscellaneous talks of a fifth movie for years and considering none have been greenlighted I will wait until something is signed before getting my knickers in a knot. 

EEV2650

EEV2650

I dont think it will happen but the very concept of it doesnt seem right.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Interesting concept, but I don't like it much.

I think its moving in the wrong direction. I still think that Ripley should be let go altogether and allow for a fresh storyline.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 06, 2008, 05:12:21 AM
A good idea I think.  They should just explore the Jockey homeworld and find out the origin of the xenomorphs, and make the movie more like 2001.

The quote doesn't seem to suggest anything about the space jockeys.

QuoteWell the Space Jockey is the only thing left to explore.  The aliens have been done to death.  Ripley can't rest until she deals with them.

Technically, Ripley never even saw the thing in the seat. I don't see her having a vendetta against them.

Quote from: Undeadite on Dec 06, 2008, 06:29:00 AM
Im not gonna get too worked up about this. There have been miscellaneous talks of a fifth movie for years and considering none have been greenlighted I will wait until something is signed before getting my knickers in a knot.

Right, but now we know what the pair have apparently been discussing. A lot of people have been calling out for them to be in charge of it. This appears to be what the potential result could be.

'Chronicles Of Riddick' wasn't the blockbuster hit a lot of people were thinking it would be. One of the key things most criticise it for, is saying that they were more interested about exploring that strange planet from the first film, than dealing with one of the human characters being away from it.

Would the adventures of Ripley 8 be something the main demographic would want to see? By the end of the fourth film, she had pretty much lost most of the quirkiness which was interesting about her initial hybrid mentality.

Can only hope that they meant 'other', in terms of some new sort of take on her and the creatures, rather than completely getting rid of them, but... Still. It's a worrying development.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The whole interview gives a slightly different spin.  She does mention the aliens.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 06, 2008, 09:55:33 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 06, 2008, 05:12:21 AM

The quote doesn't seem to suggest anything about the space jockeys.

Not this quote but they both often mention exploring the homeworld which makes me think they'll include it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 06, 2008, 05:26:53 AM
Well the Space Jockey is the only thing left to explore.  The aliens have been done to death. 
We still haven't seen with our own eyes a world being taken over successfully by the aliens. We got close in Aliens and touched on the concept with AVP-R, but we need to see it and show that they can do it.

redalert51

redalert51

I bet is one of those trick story idea's, Ridley will leave little clues or surprise's here or there whether past tense,In one form or another they will feature,And do not forget that Ripley is
part Alien herself......     

War Wager

War Wager

I don't know about this. I'm sure Ridley has a good idea how to continue without the Xenomorph, mabye he'll introduce a new type of alien creature. Afterall, you can really put any creature in a movie with 'Alien' in the title.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed