AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 365,140 times)

Puks

Puks

If skinning, beheading, impaling, plasma-blasting, shredding, ripping, crippling and laughing while doing it is not sadistic, then.. I don't know what to say..

Sadism: the derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain or watching pain inflicted on others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadism

Predators obviosly take pleasure by doing things mentioned above.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: SiL on Mar 08, 2010, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 08, 2010, 04:02:48 PM
1# You wrong interpret his behavior.
Says you.

I don't get it. You tell people their interpretation is wrong, then you go and lay yours down and act like it's objectively "right" :-\

No, Sil. Whatever I say, you tell me it's a mistake. This is your game, and I begin to understand its source...
Did you notice  this sentence also?
QuoteI repeat once again - do not interpret the behavior of an alien race by human criteria. It's a trap. If you interpret the conduct of the foreign tribe in Africa or Maori, do you always use the European standards?

Quote from: Puks on Mar 08, 2010, 09:00:38 PM
If skinning, beheading, impaling, plasma-blasting, shredding, ripping, crippling and laughing while doing it is not sadistic, then.. I don't know what to say..

Sadism: the derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain or watching pain inflicted on others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadism

Predators obviosly take pleasure by doing things mentioned above.

If so, Xenos are sadistic too. Much more sadistic. Could you stop antropomorphization, talking about aliens? :-\

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 08, 2010, 02:45:00 PM
Maybe have something like, I dunno, the initial main character gets killed and the focus switches to someone waking up and escaping the hive. Have it then revealed through the Predator that the person has a Queen inside then. The Predator starts dragging this person towards it's ship, seeking to leave a capture the Queen, but the Alien shows up and chaos ensues. That way both creatures have sinister intentions for the main character and thier fight has more weight to it.

But until then? You totally think that character's dead. You assumed it. So when it cuts back to them, it all comes as a shock and you know the final act has begun.

So yeah. That's a pretty solid idea.

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 08, 2010, 02:45:00 PMAlso a problem with the vacuum hive is that Aliens like warm places.

That's true but a vacuum hive is badass.

Also, the Alien, perhaps understanding that both the humans and the Predator really, really don't want to step into a vacuum, might not literally use it as a hive, but as stopper or intermediate hunting ground. So we got a shot of the character deliberating, looking at the cameras and they realise that it's "nesting" in a certain room:

"That's on the either side of the vacuum, isn't it?"

SM

SM

Like Resurrection where the only way to the docks was through the flooded kitchen?

QuoteIf so, Xenos are sadistic too.

They don't generally display pleasure when they kill.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 03:18:17 AM
Like Resurrection where the only way to the docks was through the flooded kitchen?

Ayup.

I always did like Kane's Son's (say that ten times very quickly) curiosity, though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Curiosity...like when? It's been a while since I watched the film. I don't recall him killing his victims just because he wanted to know how many different ways he could do it.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Both Lambert and Parker. The Alien could've killed either of them very quickly, but chose instead to take its time, squeezing Parker's guts out and doing goodness-knows-what to Lambert. Not canon at all, but this was echoed really well in the Aliens comic Labyrinth, where the Aliens performed (apparently) primitive experiments on captured humans.

SM

SM

Doesn't make them sadists though.  In all likelihood the Alien is probably completely unaware that its victims are shitting themselves (figuratively speaking of course).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sadist is a strong word. But I would say it just makes the Alien more mysterious in that regard; curious is fair too, I suppose.

Aeus

Aeus

Yeah, Aliens definitely aren't sadistic. They just kill to survive. Predators? Well "It kills for pleasure. It hunts for sport." sort of spells it out doesn't it.

As for Kanes Son? Well he was just weird. Truely alien in every sense of the word.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 03:34:26 AM
Doesn't make them sadists though.  In all likelihood the Alien is probably completely unaware that its victims are shitting themselves (figuratively speaking of course).

Yeah, completely agreed. I think the Alien knew it was causing them pain, actually, but it didn't care either way - the point is not that it went out of its way to cause them pain, but to create different conditions within its kills and observe the reactions. So it's not exactly sadism, more like a primitive form of science.

SM

SM

*sniff sniff* "Hmmm... the female really HAS shit herself.  Fascinating."

keylight-di

keylight-di

QuoteIf so, Xenos are sadistic too.

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 09, 2010, 03:43:52 AM
Yeah, Aliens definitely aren't sadistic. They just kill to survive. Predators? Well "It kills for pleasure. It hunts for sport." sort of spells it out doesn't it.

As for Kanes Son? Well he was just weird. Truely alien in every sense of the word.
To  be clear.
I don't say, that they are sadistic.
One sentence out of context.
They are not sadistic.
Just as Preds. But I just stupidly insist. Do not use human standards to the alien species.
Who cares.

SM

SM

Predators already display human like traits, like the laughing when he set his bomb off in the first one. So why not speculate on other human like traits?

Aeus

Aeus

But Keylight, the human standards in this case are perfectly applicable, given the nature of the Predators actions. They perfectly fit the definition of the word.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed