Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,530 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 28, 2008, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 28, 2008, 07:25:43 PM
All this hate, yet you still bought the DVD. Nice.
Yeah, and? Damned if I'll start downloading movies, no matter how much I may hate them. Only got it to have all the movies, nothing more, nothing less.

And, I think you're full of rubbish. Why get off on bashing the film yet spend money on it? It only makes you a hypocrite.
While i agree with you that its very stupid to buy a product you hate the crap out of just to let it collect some dust on the shelf i must say we had this conservation before and you should just let it rest, if he doesn't like it then he doesn't like it, doesn't change mine or your opinion about the movie does it?

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 28, 2008, 11:01:42 PM
And, I think you're full of rubbish. Why get off on bashing the film yet spend money on it? It only makes you a hypocrite.
I'd be a hypocrite if I said I'd never spend money on it again after the theaters, then bought it.

Hating a movie and owning it are entirely unrelated matters. I don't like Plan Nine From Outer Space or Swamp Thing, but I own both of them. I bought the first because of its infamy and never seeing it in rental shops, and the latter because it was super cheap and had a cheesy monster on the cover.

Like I said, I bought it just to have all the movies. That was the only reason.

And it doesn't "collect dust". I might dislike the movie, but other people here will watch it.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 29, 2008, 01:45:35 AM
While i agree with you that its very stupid to buy a product you hate the crap out of just to let it collect some dust on the shelf i must say we had this conservation before and you should just let it rest, if he doesn't like it then he doesn't like it, doesn't change mine or your opinion about the movie does it?

I don't want to change his opinion. We're just having a debate is all.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 29, 2008, 04:51:18 AM
I'd be a hypocrite if I said I'd never spend money on it again after the theaters, then bought it.

Hating a movie and owning it are entirely unrelated matters. I don't like Plan Nine From Outer Space or Swamp Thing, but I own both of them. I bought the first because of its infamy and never seeing it in rental shops, and the latter because it was super cheap and had a cheesy monster on the cover.

Like I said, I bought it just to have all the movies. That was the only reason.

And it doesn't "collect dust". I might dislike the movie, but other people here will watch it.

Ehh...to me that doesn't make any sense. Why buy something if you don't like it? It's a waste of money. I've been tempted to buy AvP on numerous occasions, even when the Extended DVD was marked down to a dirt-cheap $6.99, but I know I don't like the film, so what's the point.

Celtic-predator

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 29, 2008, 06:40:16 AM

Ehh...to me that doesn't make any sense. Why buy something if you don't like it? It's a waste of money. I've been tempted to buy AvP on numerous occasions, even when the Extended DVD was marked down to a dirt-cheap $6.99, but I know I don't like the film, so what's the point.

I cannot claim to know Sil's mind, so I;m basng what he thinks on my perspective.

Imagine you have a collection of 'action figures' or miniatures for table top war gaming. You need that one extra figure to complete your colection/ army but you dont want to go to the hassle of getting an almost exact replica of another figure/ painting and basing the thing, but you're just that one guy off. Some people buy stuff for the 'greater good' of the collection, rather than just for said crappy figure.

Or maybe I'm wrong....

SiL

Ehh...to me that doesn't make any sense. Why buy something if you don't like it? It's a waste of money.
Did I not just give the same answer twice in a row ... ?

Also, commentaries, "was it really that bad" factor, and "evidence in case of argument".

Drago-Morph

I know what you're getting at Sil. When I got my 360, I bought Halo 1 and then 2 before I bought three, just so I could say I owned them all. You want a total collection. That's probably the only reason for buying that movie.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 29, 2008, 11:47:35 AM
Ehh...to me that doesn't make any sense. Why buy something if you don't like it? It's a waste of money.
Did I not just give the same answer twice in a row ... ?

Also, commentaries, "was it really that bad" factor, and "evidence in case of argument".

Indeed you did. But it doesn't ring with me. So leave's just leave it at that, saavy?

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 29, 2008, 03:59:31 PM
Indeed you did. But it doesn't ring with me.
...What's to ring?

Requiem28

i think Paul W.S Anderson did a great job with the alien feel, and the Strause Brothers did a great job with the predator feel. i picked the Strause brothers cause they were trying to be more original to the oldies, but truly, i liked both of their work. :-\

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 29, 2008, 08:13:25 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 29, 2008, 03:59:31 PM
Indeed you did. But it doesn't ring with me.
...What's to ring?

The practice of "buying just to complete the set".

SiL

And again, what's to ring?

I also own all of the Friday the 13th movies just to have all of them (Although in those cases I hadn't actually seen anything from 5-10 when I got them...), even if Jason X is one of the most hopeless movies I've ever seen.

It's just what some people do. Is it silly? Sure, but it's a valid excuse.

And hell, sometimes I just get the urge to remind myself about the film, and sit down and try to watch it.  I never get through it, but it gives me enough of a reminder not to see the film again for a while.

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 03:05:41 AM
Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 28, 2008, 02:59:22 AM
Its not that hard to enjoy that movie..
It is!

It's not just on the level of being an Alien fan. Just as someone who enjoys movies, it fails. It just f**king fails. It's terribly constructed and flawed on almost every single conceivable level. It is the kind of movie I could take and construct course around telling someone how not to make an action/sci-fi/horror movie. How not to make a sequel. Just plain how not to make a movie, period.

There is a level of genuine ineptness behind the film's creation that pervades the entire thing. From the directors' incompetence to the lack of creativity to the inability to withhold internal and external logic to the lackluster execution of action and scares to the acting to the dialogue to ... everything.

If you can enjoy the film, more power to you, but it's a bad movie. At the end of the day, without fear of contradiction, whether it's liked or not, it's a bad movie.

One good bad movie.

DARIAS93

"Revives Thread*

If I have to choose between Paul "Who Sucks" Anderson or The Sh*tty Brothers, I'll choose Paul because, for me, he actually did a very descent AVP movie. Also, if he is going to direct the third one then I want him to fix every mistakes he made in the first one including the Predator's face, the Alien's tail, and the plot setting.

Noir-Gojira

Both of them, working together.  Atleast they tried to make good movies.  Even if they do disappoint again, I don't care enough about the franchise so it won't bother me :P.

DoomRulz

Anderson could certainly teach them about using a budget more effectively and the Brothers will teach him about putting some action in a movie, yeesh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed