Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,526 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 12:15:36 AM
f**k the Predators, this is AvP. What about the Aliens? I know two Predators got killed by one Alien; I know they ran off with the humans. They still put up a fight and had some cool scenes. The Aliens had nothing in Requiem.

That's not true, and you know it. The Aliens, at the very least, had the national guard scene.

SiL

Great. One 80 second scene out of a 90 minute movie. That just makes it all better.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Isn't this thread just a variation on the AvP vs. AvPR thread?

Paul W.S Anderson, he understood how to give a film tension, I appreciated his efforts in AvP in making the movie not just a giant fight scene, the dark corridors, tense atmosphere and interesting take on predator and human history really did wonders for the film.

Adding more than one predator allowed the aliens to kill some predators, giving the impression that the aliens were formidable adversaries to the predators, ( they're way out of the humans league, both of them.) He may or may not have understood this, but it made the movie good nevertheless.

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 01:21:47 AM
Great. One 80 second scene out of a 90 minute movie. That just makes it all better.

You're just being stubborn. Its not that hard to enjoy that movie.. well atleast it isn't for me.

SiL

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 28, 2008, 02:59:22 AM
Its not that hard to enjoy that movie..
It is!

It's not just on the level of being an Alien fan. Just as someone who enjoys movies, it fails. It just f**king fails. It's terribly constructed and flawed on almost every single conceivable level. It is the kind of movie I could take and construct course around telling someone how not to make an action/sci-fi/horror movie. How not to make a sequel. Just plain how not to make a movie, period.

There is a level of genuine ineptness behind the film's creation that pervades the entire thing. From the directors' incompetence to the lack of creativity to the inability to withhold internal and external logic to the lackluster execution of action and scares to the acting to the dialogue to ... everything.

If you can enjoy the film, more power to you, but it's a bad movie. At the end of the day, without fear of contradiction, whether it's liked or not, it's a bad movie.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

I agree with you SiL, all what the Strause Brothers gave us was a sh*tty movie, a bunch of sh*tty Aliens, and a sh*tty Predator.

PHANTOM

It's intereting because, watching AVP-R is like going through many terrible experiences, for example...

-- AVP-R is like trying to motivate yourself to do something thats very boring.
-- AVP-R is like an annoying eye check up you get from the doctors office.
-- AVP-R is like playing a PC video game with the graphic settings turned to low and you only get 25 fps max.
-- AVP-R is like trying to watch your favorite tv show on a very crappy tv that uses bunny ears antennas that really don't clear up the signal.
-- AVP-R is like listening to the entire AVP-R soundtrack blind folded.
-- AVP-R is like........blue balls.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

QuoteIts simple, whether you're stubborn about it or not, cranking up the brightness makes all the difference

That sentence is so f**king ridiculous,I think I just lost some braincells. He should not have to do that in the first place! The fact that someone has to adjust the settings on their television in order to (barely)see what the f**k is going on,is a complete & utter failure on the filmmakers' part.

StealthHunter

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 01:21:47 AM

A poorly shot,poorly edited 80 second scene that lacks any sense of tension,atmosphere or style. And to be honest,I think '80 seconds' is stretching it quite a bit.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 03:05:41 AM
Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 28, 2008, 02:59:22 AM
Its not that hard to enjoy that movie..
It is!

It's not just on the level of being an Alien fan. Just as someone who enjoys movies, it fails. It just f**king fails. It's terribly constructed and flawed on almost every single conceivable level. It is the kind of movie I could take and construct course around telling someone how not to make an action/sci-fi/horror movie. How not to make a sequel. Just plain how not to make a movie, period.

There is a level of genuine ineptness behind the film's creation that pervades the entire thing. From the directors' incompetence to the lack of creativity to the inability to withhold internal and external logic to the lackluster execution of action and scares to the acting to the dialogue to ... everything.

If you can enjoy the film, more power to you, but it's a bad movie. At the end of the day, without fear of contradiction, whether it's liked or not, it's a bad movie.

All this hate, yet you still bought the DVD. Nice.

Space Disc Jockey

Simple answer to topic: Neither.

Get someone new...like Guilermo Del Toro.

PHANTOM

Quote from: StealthHunter on Dec 28, 2008, 01:21:26 PM
The fact that someone has to adjust the settings on their television in order to (barely)see what the f**k is going on,is a complete & utter failure on the filmmakers' part.

Whether the BS darkened the entire film up to hide shoby shots is still not an effective method and just flat out unprofesstional. Whether they darkened up the film and couldn't fix it in the end before it's release is still yet another sign of how unprofesstional they are. I understand there are many challenges one has to face in the directors chair and sometimes you have to let certain things go because theres nothing you can do about it or you ran out of time and money. But the BS don't fall in that category, they had a choice.

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 28, 2008, 07:25:43 PM
Yeah, and? Damned if I'll start downloading movies, no matter how much I may hate them. Only got it to have all the movies, nothing more, nothing less.

Cyraxcog117

I didn't realy care for either but if i had to pick one it'd be the Strause bros.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 28, 2008, 07:25:43 PM
Yeah, and? Damned if I'll start downloading movies, no matter how much I may hate them. Only got it to have all the movies, nothing more, nothing less.

And, I think you're full of rubbish. Why get off on bashing the film yet spend money on it? It only makes you a hypocrite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed