Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,501 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: Private Hudson on Aug 30, 2008, 02:20:28 AM
Anderson because he can make a bad movie highly enjoyable in the long run, BS on the other hand like to mess up something which was only slightly good in the first place.

At least the Brothers can keep it entertaining, something Anderson doesn't know the meaning of.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2008, 02:56:13 AM
Anderson because he can make a bad movie highly enjoyable in the long run, BS on the other hand like to mess up something which was only slightly good in the first place.

At least the Brothers can keep it entertaining, something Anderson doesn't know the meaning of.

How was AVP:R entertaining?

Pvt. Hicks

Well, the people who like the AvP/Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

Nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks.

DoomRulz

Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 30, 2008, 03:06:28 AM

It had action. Something AvP lacked in large numbers.

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Aug 30, 2008, 03:39:31 AM
Well, the people who like the AvP/Predator films(Cheesy movies) prefer entertainment value in their films, while the people who prefer the Alien films like a story and good characters.

Nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks.

I guess you missed all that shooting in Aliens and Alien: Resurrection.

Pvt. Hicks

In total, there's about a total of 10 minutes of actual "shooting" in Aliens. As for Resurrection, still not as much as P1 and P2, but still not. There weren't actually any shoot-outs, with tons of people, just lots of different action.

OWN3D. Your face has been own-ified.

gameoverman

The action in Aliens though beats any other action scenes in the franchise. 

Predator is more like a Rambo movie where 6 guys can take out a whole guerilla camp (yeah, right).

Predator 2 has the cheesiest shootout in history at the start of the movie.

AR has pretty cheesy action scenes as well, though.

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 30, 2008, 04:36:04 AM
Predator is more like a Rambo movie where 6 guys can take out a whole guerilla camp (yeah, right).

Wouldn't call it cheesy though.

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 30, 2008, 04:36:04 AMPredator 2 has the cheesiest shootout in history at the start of the movie.

No argument there.

PHANTOM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2008, 03:44:24 AM

STOP! Red flag on reply 48 DoomRulz....(denial) penalty

The first AVP had plenty of action, awesome special effects and visuals....

Celtic Vs Grid and Queen Vs Scar beats the crap out of any of those murky, dark, action scenes that your talking about in AVP-R.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Aug 30, 2008, 04:44:45 AM

STOP! Red flag on reply 48 DoomRulz....(denial) penalty

The first AVP had plenty of action, awesome special effects and visuals....

Celtic Vs Grid and Queen Vs Scar beats the crap out of any of those murky, dark, action scenes that your talking about in AVP-R.

Two fight scenes. No, wait...one fight. And a race.

Versus

3 Predators being pwned on the ship, sewer fight, power plant hunt, hospital fight, national guard scene, Wolf vs. Chet

How about you grow a pair of eyes and actually watch both movies?

aliensetta

aliensetta

Yeah but the action was done with poorly designed creatures, lighting, effects, and lets face it short and VERY one sided.

I think The two fight scenes in AVP beat AVP:R's short one sided fight scenes in almost every way.

DoomRulz

Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 30, 2008, 05:04:10 AM

Yeah but the action was done with poorly designed creatures, lighting, effects, and lets face it short and VERY one sided.

I think The two fight scenes in AVP beat AVP:R's short one sided fight scenes in almost every way.

I still found them more entertaining.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2008, 05:11:33 AM
Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 30, 2008, 05:04:10 AM

I still found them more entertaining.

I didn't think it was good at all. I wish it would've turn out like Predator 2 or Alien 3 but I guess thats asking to much for an AVP film.  :P

PHANTOM

Quote from: aliensetta on Aug 30, 2008, 05:23:25 AM
I wish it would've turn out like Predator 2 or Alien 3 but I guess thats asking to much for an AVP film.  :P

Awhile ago the bros told me in a email that they weren't going to be scared away and they had thick skin. Hmmm...

I have a feeling Colin got scared away and because of the fans reaction to Requiem they aren't going to direct AVP3 anymore. I think the fans nuked Colin and Gregs soul and they really don't want any part of this franchise anymore.

You really gotta take a step back all the way to when you first picked up that AVP comic book back in the early 90's and just ask yourself....is being a loyal fan to this franchise really worth it anymore? :-\

SM

QuoteIn total, there's about a total of 10 minutes of actual "shooting" in Aliens.

From the time Ripley wakes up to discover she and Newt are trapped with the huggers to when she dumps the Queen out the airlock is effectively one long action sequence, with a couple of small beats breaking it up.  They're not constantly shooting guns that whole time - about 45 minutes - but they are for large chunks of it.  And that doesn't include the first hive battle or any sentry guns.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

QuoteIt had action. Something AvP lacked in large numbers.

Quote3 Predators being pwned on the ship, sewer fight, power plant hunt, hospital fight, national guard scene, Wolf vs. Chet

How about you grow a pair of eyes and actually watch both movies?

Maybe you should go watch the movie again,dude.

All of those scenes together barely add up to 6 minutes of screentime in a 90 minute movie. Seriously,for example, the sewer fight lasts for a measely and poorly made 40 seconds. And the Wolf vs. Chet fight is barely 2 minutes long. Now the amount of time wouldn't have mattered as much if the action scenes were actually well-made, but sadly they were not. At the very the best, the action in Requiem is at times somewhat pedestrain.

Sure, the first AvP isn't exactly action packed either.But the Celtic vs. Grid fight scene alone is about 3+ minutes long, add to that the other skirmishes between the Aliens and Preds, the flashback, the Queen battle, aswell as the fights between the humans and Preds. There's more action in AvP than there is in Requiem. But more importantly, the quality of the action in AvP is infinitely more impressive. Meaning in terms of direction,visual-style,editing,lighting, choreography etc', there's just really no comparison whatsoever between the two.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed