New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,328,755 times)

Nickb60

Nickb60

Hi, I'm Nick, 56 yr old, long time Alien and Predator fan, since literally when ALIEN was first announced. Have all the movies, the best of the novels, comics and have recently started collecting NECA, McFarlane etc figures and other collectables. Currently in process of making a life-size Predator lol. Will post some pics of my stuff for anyone that's interested. Love to chat with like-minded fans. Thanks for letting me join.

Nick Barnes
@CHAINSHOTZ

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 21, 2017, 11:50:31 AM
Next time:

http://www.michaelfassbender.org/michael-fassbender-00099.jpg

"Try harder."

Lol I always do but us fansites are small fry.  :'(

And welcome to the new fellas! Loving that WIP Predator, Nick. How long have you been working on that?

Anthony

Anthony

We should have a theme for every new member that posts on this thread. :P

Nickb60

Nickb60

Hi again... thanks Cpl Hicks. Been working on it on and off for a couple of months now in between a few other projects. Still a few bits of armour to make, then a bit of filling and repaint. Its my first attempt at Pepakura, so made a few mistakes but managing to cover them, lol. Is it ok to start a gallery of collectables, props, figures, dioramas erc or is there already a place for that?

cheers

Nick

Corporal Hicks

We have a thread for showing off collections in the merchandise board - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=126.3435  :)

ScaryMinds

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 21, 2017, 03:47:53 AM
There's a surprising number of Aussies here.  Where do you live?  I'm 20 minutes outside of Melbourne, in the Yarra Valley.

-Windebieste.

Moved to Brisbane this year - work requirement, and surprisingly loving it, real cool town.

Sutekh The Destroyer

Hello.

Been a fan of Alien, Predator, AVP and this site for years and finally decided it was time to join up.

If your wondering about the name, well I'm currently working on an OC predator and wanted to make him a bit different. Since I also have a love of Sasquatch and other cryptid hominid fiction I had the idea of a Predator who specializes in hunting Sasquatch and their kind.

Also could anyone give me some tips on how to make this pic my profile pic please. Not used to this kind of set up.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sasquatch Hunter on Feb 27, 2017, 05:56:02 PM
Been a fan of Alien, Predator, AVP and this site for years and finally decided it was time to join up.

Welcome to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy! Glad to have you with us.  :)

QuoteIf your wondering about the name, well I'm currently working on an OC predator and wanted to make him a bit different. Since I also have a love of Sasquatch and other cryptid hominid fiction I had the idea of a Predator who specializes in hunting Sasquatch and their kind.

Love the backstory! Sounds like something from South China Sea.

QuoteAlso could anyone give me some tips on how to make this pic my profile pic please. Not used to this kind of set up.

You need to crop the photo to 100x100, upload it to an external image hosting website like imgur. Once it's up there, copy the direct URL and come to the forum and go to Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile, select "Specify Avatar by URL" and paste the url in there.

If you have any issues please let me know.

Darkblade 25

Sup My name is Cai and I have been on the forums for a while now.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Hi,

My name is Pierre.

I'm living in Cuzco City, Peru, South America.

I will be 31 years old this year.

FenGiddel

Greetings from beyond the Outer Rim!

My name is FenGiddel and I have been a member for a while but only lately noticed this sticky thread, so I thought I'd pop in to say hello.

So, "hello!"

I have been a fan of Alien since 1979 and have generally enjoyed all the films to some degree or other, including the new tie-ins.

I geek Nostromo especially, and do so regularly as I rebuild The Nostromo Files, last seen somewhere around the late 90s on Yahoo! Geocities.

Looking foward to seeing you lot around the boards.

FG

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ah, I recognize you from Propsummit, FenGiddel. Nice to have a hardcore Nostromo expert on board!

FenGiddel

Well, hello there, 8th_Passenger! 

Yep, I remember you, too.  Still working on that Nostromo FAQ, but in the meantime, I'm doing time here, soaking up some good information.

Cheers!

Xenocow

Xenocow

Hello everyone! Was just doing some reading about alien figures and found this gem. Long time Alien fan (father had me watch the original film when I was about 6 to get me to go to sleep, haha). I have played all the AvP games as well, and my favorite being the 2010 edition, so if anyone recognizes the name, it is I!

Love all the information this site provides, it looks excellent!

Have a good day everyone, catch you around the corner...or the vents...

alexpop

alexpop

alexpop
Just registered.
Been a fan of Predator since 1987.
Also, Alien V Predator 2004.

regards,
Alex

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed