New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,273 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm Kimarhi.  I frequent the gamegossip messageboards.  I registered here because I was bored at the lack of things avpish going on there and felt that this site was at least better updated than the past boards on everything avp.

I'm a pretty avid fan of the first three Alien movies (I do like Alien Res, but don't love it) and the first two pred movies.  I also have made it a habit to collect all the Alien comics/novels/movie novelizations.

I live in Kentucky (west end of kentucky about twenty miles from the tennessee border) where I go to school at a community college and work a part time job about 36 hrs a week. 

I'm a huge University of Kentucky football/basketball fan, and am also a follower of the Detroit Pistons. 

I'm about 6'3" 180, often attempt to write (I suffer from trying to put everything on paper at once) and frequently daydream about making/writing films.  I'll probably transfer to WKU for their film minor while majoring in english starting next semester.  If I had the money to go out of state for tuition I'd go to USC or NYFA. 

Hobbies include playing videogames, reading, wasting time on the internet, doing homework, and lifting weights.

I'm a nerd/jock.  If you've ever run into them.  A person that fits in between being a nerd and being a jock.  And has strong interest in both groups of people.  I'm just as interested in playing you in avp2 as I am going out and schooling you in basketball. :P  I also have a growing love for everything Japanese.  Art, literature, movies, martial arts I don't know why I love it, but I do. Most of the time I'm pretty easy to get along with though, so get at me if you want to know more.

PS: I have a sarcastic sense of humor, so if you ever doubt my sincerity, its probably with good reason.

Most of you probably know me from other boards.  Gamegossip.  IMDB.  Alien Experience for a brief while (I deleted my account and was going to change it to my usual name, but never got back around to it).

Dachande

Nerd/Jocks FTW! Although we dont use the word jock over here in the UK >__>

Something i've always wondered though, is KFC called KFC in Kentucky or just FC, seeings as you know ,its in Kentucky. Also does it taste any better over there than in other places >__>

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Haha, its still called KFC over here.  And I'm addicted to it.  I probably should be well over 200 lbs because I eat there all the time.  But I have a fast metabolism and working out keeps me from blowing up.

As for it tasting better, it taste about the same anywhere I've ever been.  But I've only been between states, and I don't always eat there when I'm out of state.

SM

SM

Hallo mate.

I saw something on telly about Kentucky last night and wondered "I wonder if that's near Kimba".

Here tis.  :-X

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

What up big dawg!

Cincinnatti is in Ohio.  But it borders the river which seperates Ohio from Kentucky.  And if I remember right, the only thing that technically keeps it from spreading over into Kentucky is the river even though some kentucky city borders it on the other side.  Cincy folk, and the people that live in (independence maybe?) sound exactly alike.  They almost have a boston sounding accent. 

So its kind of a weird setup. 

Nihil

Nihil

Hi I'm Nihilus, 24 years old and a huge predator fan since I was a kid.

Spaceman

Just pooped in to say hi.
My name is Carl and I am 35 years young.

Cellien

Cellien

Hello..

I am new here since a few weeks ago :P  I love Aliens and Predator and I can't get enough of it.. I figure most people here are the same so I signed up.  I am 24 years old, live in Texas (born and raised), and work as a concept artist at a game studio here.  Aliens and Predator have had a big influence on me and my art as I have been a fan since I was a kid.  I love movies from the 80s and early 90s... My favorite film maker ever is James Cameron (how cliche I know..)

I play a lot of videogames, but my wife has taken over my 360 with Viva Pinata.  I love all the high profile games... Halo, Mario, Gears of War, Perfect Dark (on the N64), Goldeneye, and lots of old school NES games like Contra, Double Dragon etc.  Of course I liked AvP and AvP2 on PC, but they weren't my favorite games.  I had AvP on Atari Jaguar, which pretty much sucked :P  My best buddy, brother, his best bud, and myself all work in the game industry in different fields!  Its pretty ironic.. but not so much as we all used to play videogames together.

I frequent the Gamespot forums where lots of people hate me cause I tell it like it is about the PS3 :P  I also am on a few other smaller forums on the net mostly having to do with games or game development. 

I hope to be part of this community for a while!  Hope we have a thread about Avatar (new Cameron movie) when it comes out tho!

See ya'll in discussion!

MrLee

MrLee

im mrlee, i was known as El_doobio over at AVP Experience though i was mrlee there first.. (this was like 2 years ago now?)

but yeah, hello again lol.

Darkness

Welcome back mrlee. Haven't seen you here for ages.

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Darkness on May 04, 2007, 10:00:58 PM
Welcome back mrlee. Haven't seen you here for ages.

though, you know, im missing something importent.

a damn good siggy and avatar, thats what  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Hey lee! I remember you! How've you been buddy?

War Wager

Been of the site for a few mounths now, but the names Greg, I'm 16 and from Scotland. LOVE ALIENS!!   ;)

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2007, 11:07:41 AM
Hey lee! I remember you! How've you been buddy?

im ok man, discovered lots of new things i love etc, been much busier than i was before, had a girlfriend for like a year n a half now, it changes everything lol.

Got into lots more music than guns n roses :D

really excited about this upcoming addition to the alien and predator series :D

and how have you been, and anyone else who i knew on this place for that matter?

Dekapitator

Welcome new members, have a nice stay!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed