What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 288,607 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Currently reading Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

and yeah ive read a few books since my last post, but couldn't find the thread lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Recently I've read Ready Player One and I just finished The Lost Fleet, Beyond the Frontier series. I flew through RPO - I didn't get every single reference but I thought it such a charmingly written book with some really engaging characters. Really looking forward to the film now.

Beyond the Frontier...I'm kinda sad it's over. There's a couple of other spin-offs but I've spent about 10 books with the same core characters, it'll be weird moving on.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It from Stephen King.

One of my favorite book from him, along with The Stand, The Mist and Gerald's Game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've had IT for years but never got around to reading it. Was just such a fat book, looking at it. Is it easy to get into?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 29, 2017, 07:48:44 AM
I've had IT for years but never got around to reading it. Was just such a fat book, looking at it. Is it easy to get into?

The six phone calls chapter can be rough going, but once you get past that the book is a breeze.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, Kira. Will add it to the actual to-read pile. Next up, after I finish the Stargate Atlantis book I'm reading, is Neuromancer.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ages ago I was helping to clear out a factory and came across copies of the original Star Wars trilogy novelisations (the first of which, despite crediting George Lucas on the cover, was actually written by Alan Dean Foster). Nabbed them on the off chance they might be worth something (probably not, they aren't original prints) and only just got around to starting A New Hope last night. I'm struck by how it's considerably more violent than the film so far. Also it's weird reading ADF's quite adult prose style in a novel adaptation of what I've always considered a kids' film, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Local Trouble

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished up Revival by Stephen King, and I very much loved it. I'm moving on to The Bachman Books soon enough.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just started to read Neuromancer. It's been on the list for ages, picked it up a month or two ago and have no finally started it! Only half a chapter in but enjoying it so far.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I did read Neoromancer ages ago and frankly speaking couldn't understand everything.

At the moment I'm struggling a bit with first part of The Raven Rings trilogy, titled Odin's Child (no English translation yet but there is Polish) by Norwegian Siri Pettersen. As soon as I finish I'm gonna start The Liberation by Ian Tregillis. It's the last book of The Alchemy Wars trilogy. If you like steampunk just read it!

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I'm currently reading Authority
I'm trying to finish The Southern Reach trilogy before Annihilation comes out next year.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished reading Rage by Stephen K--- er, Richard Bachman. It had some good qualities, but ultimately didn't work.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Currently reading William Burroughs' Naked Lunch

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Working on The Long Walk at the moment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed