Question for a No Budget Film

Started by Alienseseses, Jul 01, 2008, 07:57:01 PM

Author
Question for a No Budget Film (Read 7,165 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Alright. I got coveralls, and now I have a new problem.

There's a fight scene in the film between the protagonist and the creature in the lobby. Now, the lobby is very bright, even if it's at night. I can't dim the lights. What do you think I should do to make the creature look scarier?

To help, I'll have some pics up soon...

SM

SM

Shoot it somewhere you have control over the lighting.

Or shoot it all from a high angle is if it's from a security camera, then mess with the levels and  noise in post.  And have the scene silent.

Not having read the script it's kinda hard to make suggestions.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I can't change the setting now...

Anyway, the scene has the protagonist about to leave the building when he sees a multitude of creatures from afar. He runs back in to get a gun from his suitcase and is promptly attacked in the lobby. Eventually, he ends it by stabbing it with a homemade grenade with a knife attached. It explodes, taking out the lobby.

I'm getting stills to show right now. One, a still of me in the mask, no lighting, just to see how it looks. Two, the lobby in normal light.

SM

SM

You can't control the lighting but you can blow it up?

Can you cover the lights somehow?

Again without having read the script, and not having any context, suggestions are hard to make.

Apart from doing it shaky cam.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2008, 04:50:55 AM
You can't control the lighting but you can blow it up?

Can you cover the lights somehow?

Again without having read the script, and not having any context, suggestions are hard to make.

Apart from doing it shaky cam.
The explosion will jsut be a flash of light seen through a window on the staircase door. All digital.
I can't cover the lights. They are all on the cieling.

Just me in my mask, no lighting, no color correction, I know I look cross-eyed. It's the mask.

The lobby.

SM

SM

If the ceiling isn't that high - and it doesn't look like it is - tape some cardboard over some of the lights to lower the brightness.  Or root around with the brightness in post - though I'd get it as close as you can on set.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Any ideas for a baldcap? Or am I OK with hair in that pic?

SM

SM

Seems to blend in okay with the mask so I wouldn't be too fussed about a bald cap.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Since my eyes always look crossed, I think I'm going to black them out in post like so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed