No PR for A:CM?

Started by Ash 937, Jun 23, 2008, 12:12:14 AM

Author
No PR for A:CM? (Read 15,198 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Is it just me or has the attention for A:CM just sort of died off in the last couple of months?  I mean, I know that 2009 is a ways off at the moment but there are lots of FPSs that a ways off and getting a lot more press than this game.  I just don't get it.  Gearbox is an awesome developer and Aliens is an awesome franchise.  If you ask me, there should be a lot more eyes on this game than other games coming out in the near future.

Does anyone else feel like this?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If there's nothing new, then there's nothing to report on.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Gearbox is busy with putting the upcoming Brothers in Arms game through the marketing machine. Once that game is out the door they'll shift to Aliens I'm sure.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It comes to down to this. They have nothing to say about CM at the moment.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

It's called marinading the fans before the roasting begins...  ;)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: fluxcap on Jun 23, 2008, 01:25:53 AM
Gearbox is busy with putting the upcoming Brothers in Arms game through the marketing machine. Once that game is out the door they'll shift to Aliens I'm sure.

to separate gearbox teams I think, dont forget they have Borderlands on their plate as well.  there was a recent article in the Playstation magazine, but no new pics.  Im sure we will see a trailer at E3

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

ya i've noticed that too, news is slow as of lately.

i hope we get to see some video by end of august. or atleast some sort of screen shot to keep us excited.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

It was the same with Halo 3, hardly any new info or movies of it till about two months before its release.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 27, 2008, 06:59:05 PM
It was the same with Halo 3, hardly any new info or movies of it till about two months before its release.

I wouldn't compare this game to Halo 3 only b/c Halo 3 didn't make too much noise as I recall.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Well most games are going more under the radar latly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 28, 2008, 10:34:33 PM

I wouldn't compare this game to Halo 3 only b/c Halo 3 didn't make too much noise as I recall.

Ha...Ha...Ha...

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2008, 10:18:59 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 28, 2008, 10:34:33 PM

Ha...Ha...Ha...

In the U.S it was rather quiet, no big news story on the TV about it like Halo 2 had, and not many comercials (Unless your watching G4 of course).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh so that massive advertisement campaign with all those essentially short films and the humongous vial campaign was quiet? Everything else must be silent.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It didn't make as much noise as Halo 2. Halo 3 fever was around yes, but it didn't last as long as Halo 2.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Halo 2 was all over the news, Halo 3 didn't really have any media hype other than game magazines and G4 TV.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed