No PR for A:CM?

Started by Ash 937, Jun 23, 2008, 12:12:14 AM

Author
No PR for A:CM? (Read 15,197 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Aliens CM will make an appearance at E3, but its got plenty of good PR lately, it was the cover story on 2 magazines, and Ive spotted about 5 articles in various gaming magazines.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I forgot about E3, I wander what the new trailers will be?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

More gameplay I imagine. As long as nothing major is spoiled I'll be happy.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I saw a new article in an Xbox 360 magazine - it didn't seem to contain any new info it it, though.

Ash 937

Ash 937

E3.net has A:CM on their roster of games to be displayed at the event this year.

http://www.e3.net/games/?game_id=9

It doesn't mention how the game will be displayed specifically on the website (i.e. a playable demo or a trailer or etc.)  but one thing that I found funny was that they are using a pic from the canceled PS2 game for their advertisement. 

Blitzx

Blitzx

What day will they showcase it?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I hope Aliens CM has a playable demo at E3. I want to hear what the press thought of it.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 13, 2008, 10:35:10 PM
but one thing that I found funny was that they are using a pic from the canceled PS2 game for their advertisement. 
Haha!

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jul 13, 2008, 10:35:10 PM
E3.net has A:CM on their roster of games to be displayed at the event this year.

http://www.e3.net/games/?game_id=9

It doesn't mention how the game will be displayed specifically on the website (i.e. a playable demo or a trailer or etc.)  but one thing that I found funny was that they are using a pic from the canceled PS2 game for their advertisement. 

Good find!

Ash 937

Ash 937

A:CM did not make an appearance this year at E3 despite what many websites presumed.  My guess is that Gearbox is too busy focusing on the upcoming release of Hell's Highway on August 26.  After that, I'm sure they will focus getting the word out for A:CM.

It's funny.  Now, I only care that Hell's Highway gets pushed out to retail on time so that A:CM feels that much closer to its own release date and finally gets some updated PR of its own.

Cellien

Cellien

I couldn't care less about Hell's Highway.  I just want it to release so it's closer to A:CM as well. :P  There was a huge amount of sci-fi offerings at E3, it might have done good not showing up.  It may have been overlooked far too much.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I disagree. A:CM looks to be one of '09s biggest shooters.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Randy Pitchford says A:CM was a no-show at E3 because it interfered with SEGA's "marketing and promotion strategy."  I think it's a vague excuse and I suppose its anyone's guess as to what that means specifically.  Here is the link to the article.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/18-07-2008-8864.html

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wtf, A:CM is its own marketing strategy.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 18, 2008, 10:26:27 PM
I disagree. A:CM looks to be one of '09s biggest shooters.

Yes, that's right but E3 2008 was flooded with games coming out this year, as well as next year.  Even though us Alien fans think it looks to be a great game it's not going to stand out in front of games to the masses like Gears 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Dead Space and all the other big name shooters.  I think it's better it they let the dust settle then have an onslaught of media when the news front isn't flooded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed