AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 235,944 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Predator is ok. Sometimes I really dig it (Winson's creature stuff is especially fantastic, and is the true highlight of the film) and sometimes it just rubs me the wrong way as being sort of overtly crass. I dunno. It is a really solid movie, and I enjoy watching it from time to time, but I have much more fun with Predator 2 than I do with the first film. It is batshit insane and just completely owns what it is. It's a wild, zany ride and all the better for it.

As for Resurrection, it is pulpy schlock and it suffers from a bad Whedon script, but I find Junet's directing to be incredibly interesting (despite not meshing well with the first three films) and it offers a lot of unique concepts/visuals that I can't help but find interesting.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 25, 2019, 04:46:31 PM
Predator is ok. Sometimes I really dig it (Winson's creature stuff is especially fantastic, and is the true highlight of the film) and sometimes it just rubs me the wrong way as being sort of overtly crass. I dunno. It is a really solid movie, and I enjoy watching it from time to time, but I have much more fun with Predator 2 than I do with the first film. It is batshit insane and just completely owns what it is. It's a wild, zany ride and all the better for it.

As for Resurrection, it is pulpy schlock and it suffers from a bad Whedon script, but I find Junet's directing to be incredibly interesting (despite not meshing well with the first three films) and it offers a lot of unique concepts/visuals that I can't help but find interesting.

Fair enough!  :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Deadmeat on Feb 25, 2019, 03:37:29 PMCall me crazy but I don't think Alien: Resurrection deserves to be 2nd to last on this list. Not since we have all these new, beautifully messy pieces of garbage to compare it to. ;D

Completely agree.

I've said it a hundred times - it may not be a very good Alien sequel, but on it's own it's a thoroughly entertaining (if quirky) movie. Honestly I'd far sooner watch it than just about anything they've made since.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2019, 04:53:20 PM
Quote from: Deadmeat on Feb 25, 2019, 03:37:29 PMCall me crazy but I don't think Alien: Resurrection deserves to be 2nd to last on this list. Not since we have all these new, beautifully messy pieces of garbage to compare it to. ;D

Completely agree.

I've said it a hundred times - it may not be a very good Alien sequel, but on it's own it's a thoroughly entertaining (if quirky) movie. Honestly I'd far sooner watch it than just about anything they've made since.

Yes.

Voodoo Magic

I'm looking forward to the 200th time, anticipating lots of charts and pictures.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 25, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Completely agree.

Yes.

Exactly. It doesn't try too hard to take itself seriously, the characters had more charm to them, and whether you like her character arc or not, Sigourney absoutely killed her role. Not even a silly premise could force her into a bad performance.

Great movie? Not really. Great Alien movie? Not by a longshot. But I'll take this lovable, entertaining mess over the movies that felt like they were written by a pretentious freshman philosophy major. Who skipped classes.

rafaelgg

rafaelgg

Quote from: Deadmeat on Feb 25, 2019, 05:20:42 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 25, 2019, 05:01:15 PM

Completely agree.

Yes.

Exactly. It doesn't try too hard to take itself seriously, the characters had more charm to them, and whether you like her character arc or not, Sigourney absoutely killed her role. Not even a silly premise could force her into a bad performance.

Great movie? Not really. Great Alien movie? Not by a longshot. But I'll take this lovable, entertaining mess over the movies that felt like they were written by a pretentious freshman philosophy major. Who skipped classes.
Being the weakest of the original quadralogy I found it much more better than the two AVP movies, "Prometheus" and of course "Alien Covenant".
  And "Alien 3" the alternative cut maybe is a better movie, but Jean Pierre Jeunet´s one is less boring and much more entertaining.

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, the first three Alien films are leagues beyond Resurrection.

Voodoo Magic

Not to some people.

[cancerblack]

I said AvP (i think possibly 4+ years ago), but The Predator has happened since then.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 05, 2019, 07:16:26 AM
Nah, the first three Alien films are leagues beyond Resurrection.

"no"

The Old One

The Old One

Yes. But NA's equally correct.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For all the issues The Predator may have, it's still done nothing to replace Requiem as unquestionably the biggest cinematic turd in the franchise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 17, 2019, 08:28:26 PM
For all the issues The Predator may have, it's still done nothing to replace Requiem as unquestionably the biggest cinematic turd in the franchise.

According to this poll, the next turd in line is Alien Resurrection. ;D

The Old One

The Old One

10+ years ago.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 17, 2019, 11:24:14 PM
10+ years ago.

So when they voted Alien Resurrection as the worst film of them all 10+ years ago, even worse than AVP Requiem, do you think Resurrection has since aged like a fine wine?   ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed