AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 237,386 times)

BobGrill

BobGrill

Can't say I agree about Predator 2 being a joke. Not at all.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Predator 2 is a great addition to the predator franchise. It also adds a lot of new stuff to the predator lore.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Hicks101 on Nov 30, 2011, 02:34:26 PM

AVP2. Ok well all i can say is this movie make's AVP and alien resurection look like the godfather and schindlers list.It makes them look like cinematic peaces of gold.

yep the strauss brothers need to be shot ;) But i blame fox, how the hell are you gonna get two guys to direct a movie when theyve never directed a movie in there lives? And give them some crazy budget......The cast of AVP2 was so bad i can't even begin to explain.What were they thinking? I can only hope and pray promethious is going to be good ;)

Well, Fincher never directed a movie before. just comercials. At least the Strausse had worked before in a lot of movies before. But anyway, even they lack any talent, the script and everything else was wrong on that movie.

fry1236

fry1236

Quote from: Hicks101 on Nov 30, 2011, 02:34:26 PM

Quote from: fry1236 on Nov 30, 2011, 09:52:19 AM
I agree on you with the acting with them  ;) Thats the fist thing I noticed  :D

I have seen Event Horizon (well the first 20 mins  :-X :laugh:) and it's ok. Although I'd have to see all of it to really judge it. (So doing that on the Holidays)

I really have to get these novels, could someone name them all for me so I can get them?

Event Horizon is good, so check it out when you get a chance ;)

The novels i can't remember them of the top of my head but i  am sure you can find them on here some where. They did alien ones then they started to do AvP ones. They had a really good aliens one called earth hive i think. It was basically a sequal to Aliens . Imagine Newt and Hicks survived , they gave them different names tho like Billie was on of them but i can't remember the second characters name. the AVP ones they did a few, one i remember in particular. it was basically about this bad ass japanese(samurai trained) lady who basically run's an off world colony owned by the company. Predators shoot alien eggs on to the planet and begin to hunt. The colonists stuck in the middle. To cut a long story short the bad ass samurai lady ends up helping a predator. The predator bloods her (like he does in the move with the alien blood on her fore head)  and the fight alongside one another. At the end of the book a ship of predators turn up (much like the film) and instead of giving her a weapon and pissing off they take her with them. The next book she's living on the predator planet fighting against other predators in some gladiator style fighting cage. She goes of to hunt with them etc.... It's pretty f*****g cool and they should of based the movie on that ;)

Thanks a lot  ;D I have to get that book, it would have made an awesome movie I wander if it was hard to breath for the lady? and their (predators) planet is thought to be really hot like over 200 degrees hot  :-\ oh well just a book (what am I saying?  :laugh:) thanks again.

Hicks101

Hicks101

Quote from: BobGrill on Nov 30, 2011, 05:07:36 PM
Can't say I agree about Predator 2 being a joke. Not at all.

Maybe i was a bit harsh in saying it's a joke but i feel it's just not creditable as the previous film. Danny Glover isn't a good enough leading man, all the characters felt unbelievable. I mean the way they portrayed LA was really odd. It was almost like a whole different world,it just didn't have that sense of realism the first one did. I mean even the bits when news reports would flash on tv and the terrible actor playing the reporter. It was all a bit hammy and staged. I don't think it added to much to the Predator back story. The only cool things were....The new weapons, the company knowing about them and wanting their technology, the final scene when they give Danny the gun and you see the alien skull in the ship. It wasn't a huge eye opener that's all i am saying!

I think the Strauss guys directed some music videos/behind the scene's stuff and they did a lot of visual effects on some other big movies. But i don't think it warrants them directing that film and being given a huge budget. It was pitch black, you couldn't see what the hell was going on , the story was awful and the actors.....Well put it this way i think we could assemble a better cast of actors from this forum ;)

fry1236

fry1236

I thought the news reporter was suppose to be terrible  ???  :laugh:

Gosutoraida

Predator 2 is fun to watch. It gives a more understanding of the Predator, why it hunts and what does it hunt. It's definately an important addition to the Predator franchise. If Predator was an ensemble-action movie, then Predator 2 is a buddy-cop movie, just with Predators thrown in. And AVP:R is one of the most atrocious pieces of film I have ever seen, same goes with Rez. The Strauses should just stay in their CGI and editing things, no more direction, please no. They'd be taking the piss if they aquired the rights to make a 3rd AVP.

BobGrill

BobGrill

I always found the characters in Predator 2 more believable than the macho 80s commandos of the 1st film. Danny Glover was great IMO.

PredatorSlayer

I have to say AVP, although I was tempted to vote for AVPR.  AVPR reminds me of nothing more than a cheap horror movie with aliens and predators dropped in, but at least there were in my opinion little things here and there that held true to prior movies, unlike AVP.  I'm sorry but the thermal vision in AVP really bothered me, that fact that the predators were as big and bulky as offensive linemen upset me to the 10th degree and the lack of stealthiness by the predators was totally off course, i.e. when the three preds walked lined up together, uncloaked, on the floor into the pyramid. Just my opinion again, but the way AVP characterized the predators completely ruined the movie for me. I wasn't expecting greatness; but, wow was that a disappointment.

Gosutoraida

The Predators in AVP looked crap. Why did they need so much armour? And their neck seems much shorter and the head is larger. Spongey skin too.

AVPR corrected this design to my viewings of a milennium Predator, still, the movie was shit.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Dec 02, 2011, 04:12:26 PM
Why did they need so much armour?
I dunno, they're fighting things with sharp claws, harpoon tails and inner jaws, not to mention their funny, funny acid blood.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: BobGrill on Dec 02, 2011, 12:38:53 AM
I always found the characters in Predator 2 more believable than the macho 80s commandos of the 1st film. Danny Glover was great IMO.

Absolutely Glover was awesome in P2, but keep in mind with regards to P1 that "Macho Commandos" was big in the '80s.  Big guns, big muscles, big hair...

chupacabras acheronsis

small clothes, shaving...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Dec 02, 2011, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: BobGrill on Dec 02, 2011, 12:38:53 AM

Absolutely Glover was awesome in P2, but keep in mind with regards to P1 that "Macho Commandos" was big in the '80s.  Big guns, big muscles, big hair...

With the lone standouts being Poncho and Hawkins.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: fry1236 on Dec 01, 2011, 10:32:10 AM
I thought the news reporter was suppose to be terrible  ???  :laugh:

And somehow he is in LA with the job or maybe it was the heat that made him act terrible. Still love the scene on the train when the predator punches the tv screen when his on it :laugh:. Still a good movie thought.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed