AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 236,638 times)

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: Avenuewriter on Aug 16, 2010, 01:20:07 AM
Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Aug 15, 2010, 05:17:05 AM
I never really saw the big deal with Hicks and Newt dieing.
I just felt like it was a big "F You" to the audience, after they survived the colony in Aliens and we the audience became attached to them they're just killed off in a crash at the beginning of the movie. You see I watched all movies in a row when I was introduced to the series, so I was just recovering from being blown away by Aliens as I started with Alien 3 and the first thing that happens is they kill off my favorite Marine in his sleep and then drown Newt in her pod (and she was awake through it all). As to whether or not it's a big deal I can only say that's what I felt about the third film.

I feel the same way about them --- especially Hicks. Newt, there would be little place for in such a setting, with convicts (including at least one implied paedophile) on every corner, but Hicks' death crushed me. He had purpose.

That said, I think this is quite an under-rated movie. Honestly, brojam --- watch it on its own merits, it is pretty damn decent, & I say that fully acknowledging the flaws go beyond the deaths of Hicks & Newt.

PredalienXenomorph

Newt was a generic innocent who's only purpose was to make us see another side of the Ripley character. Her death made the movie better because the "funeral" scene is one of the only scenes in any movie that has made me feel any emotion.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Aug 16, 2010, 02:33:31 AM
Newt was a generic innocent who's only purpose was to make us see another side of the Ripley character. Her death made the movie better because the "funeral" scene is one of the only scenes in any movie that has made me feel any emotion.

How can you call her a generic innocent, if her funeral scene is one of the only times you felt anything during a movie?

PredalienXenomorph

Because the score, Dillion's speech, and Weaver's acting made me feel emotion.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Quick N Slick on Aug 16, 2010, 03:15:35 AM
Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Aug 16, 2010, 02:33:31 AM

How can you call her a generic innocent, if her funeral scene is one of the only times you felt anything during a movie?

It wasn't just her funeral. It was Hicks' as well.

IIRC...

Clonehunter

Clonehunter

Predator 2, mostly because people were just getting killed everywhere, and the way it was approached was just bad.  Plus, Danny Glover isn't my ideal Bad-Ass alien killing Cop guy.  Glover to me will always be the investigator from Saw.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Clonehunter on Aug 16, 2010, 11:23:01 PM
Predator 2, mostly because people were just getting killed everywhere, and the way it was approached was just bad.  Plus, Danny Glover isn't my ideal Bad-Ass alien killing Cop guy.  Glover to me will always be the investigator from Saw.
Ouch, at least give the guy Lethal Weapon.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He probably hasn't seen it, hence the comment.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: Clonehunter on Aug 16, 2010, 11:23:01 PM

That's an awesome, awesome feature to any Predator film ;D

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 17, 2010, 01:38:04 AM
He probably hasn't seen it, hence the comment.

He's getting to young for that shit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I see what you did thar.

SM

SM

King Rathalos

I chose AVPR, why? Because AVPR reeks so much shit I'd be drowning in it if the movie could take a shit. It just a shitty cluster f**k of knee crawling retarded Aliens, a dumbass group of people, and a Pred that can't aim worth a shit, unless there's something in front of him and constantly gets his ass knocked about. Don't get me started on the piece of f**kness that is the Predalien. It's best described as shit from a hippo thats mucking, then it passes the shit into AVPR, who then passes it on to the audiences face and then it just keeps coming because the movie can't stop shitting because it gets shittier and shittier, then the audience has to claw their way out of it! Unfortunately I'm stuck with a Blu-Ray copy, I'm selling that shit to some poor soul who'll take it so it's not in my Blu-Ray shelf. Man, f**k the Strauses and that Skyline shit? f**k that too! Thanks for raping part of my childhood...c**ts. In other words the movie sucks.

/RAGE!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvPR, can't be anyone else (because I actually like all of the others!).

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 19, 2011, 01:59:41 PM
AvPR, can't be anyone else (because I actually like all of the others!).

Yea I must agree I loved all 4 alien films and the first predator, the others were all still fine but a bit brainless. I hated avp for a while but gave it a second chance with lower standards and found it enjoyable as an adventure movie.

AVP-R on the other hand... the only film that I refuse to watch again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed