UK getting screwed over?

Started by brad873, Apr 21, 2008, 08:31:32 PM

Author
UK getting screwed over? (Read 2,441 times)

brad873

brad873

what do you think? the UK has always played a large part in alien. casting and so forth. so dont you think its a bit unfair that we dont get the extended AVPR?

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Yeh I think so. Meh, I'll just wait for a special edition to come out, then get that n AvP to go with my Alien Quadrilogy n Predator Special Editions.

War Wager

War Wager

The UK usually gets the ass-end of the marketting, we should be used to that by now.  :)

XENOWARRIOR

XENOWARRIOR

im part of the U.S. and i sorry for u guys, but i already have the extended cut, heh heh, yeah

meanstreak

meanstreak

Lest you forget the UK got the 2 Disc version of AVP lllooonnnggg before the US got the unrated version, and then the UK got the Definitive (unrated) not too long after that.  Same is true for the Predator SE.  UK got it well over a year (or was it 2 years) before the US did.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

that is incorrect im afraid because in both cases i bought the se of predator and uncut of avp along time before they were released in the UK.i got them from amazon.com...US dvds.

i know that for fact.i was watching avp uncut waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before it came out here in the UK.

vastato2006

vastato2006

Ay up! Perhaps the UK might not be getting so "screwed up" after all. I've just seen a listing for a copy of the 2 disc DVD of Requiem on Ebay. Although it's a Region 3 copy, the cover is almost exactly the same as the UK version. You can see one or two lines on the cover that show the cover was scanned off a sealed copy of the DVD as well, so it's a real one. It even has a picture of the back cover as well, which, I guess, will be pretty much the same for the UK release too, and it says (clearly enough to see) "Includes 7 additional minutes of blood soaked action too shocking for theatres". It said the same on an R2 single disc preorder case of the film I saw in Woolworths as well, so, whether you get the single disc version, or the 2 disc one in the UK, you have nothing to lose (unless you want the special features as well lol ). Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the R2 back cover, so I can't show proof of that.

Here are the pictures of the 2 disc version's cover:

The front cover

and the back one

richards_lewis94

richards_lewis94

does anybody  here live in clifton which is in nottingham which is in the uk?

if so is there anywhere besides woolworths to buy it  without me having to trek into town

meanstreak

meanstreak

Quote from: Nightwalker on Apr 28, 2008, 03:06:15 AM
that is incorrect im afraid because in both cases i bought the se of predator and uncut of avp along time before they were released in the UK.i got them from amazon.com...US dvds.

i know that for fact.i was watching avp uncut waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before it came out here in the UK.

actually you are incorrect my friend.  The UK region 2 Predator SE came out in September 2003 a long time before even the release of the alien quadrilogy.  I know this because I am from the USA and had to order it off amazon.co.uk in order to watch the SE.  It wasn't until just before the first AvP came out that the Predator SE was released in region 1, it came with a voucher for a free ticket to see AvP as well.  The UK Pred SE had a different cover than the one that eventually came out in the USA so that must be where you are confused there.

As for AvP - the USA got only the single disc with minimal special features upon first release.  Region 2 got the single disc version and the 2 disc "extreme edition" with lots of special features and quite a few deleted scenes as well upon first release.  As I stated earlier the USA did get the AvP unrated version first, but after an 8 month wait and it was mostly the same as the UK extreme edition as far as the special features go and it only a few bits of digital blood that was different in the actual film.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

actually i think yr right...yeah..the UK had a terrible looking cover for the se..i remember that now i think about it..and it wasnt as good as the R1 version.....yeah..thats why i got the US R1  version.

as for avp uncut...the UK had an extreme version first yes...but as u say it wasnt the UNCUT version with afew extra angles and the blood...that hit the US first.....im not actually sure if u can get that here yet.

Stalker

Stalker

All we got here in Australia was the single-disc Uncut DVD, & the Blu-ray "Extended Combat Edition".

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Stalker on May 07, 2008, 05:25:30 AM
All we got here in Australia was the single-disc Uncut DVD, & the Blu-ray "Extended Combat Edition".

ANd the bluray isn't even extended!

meanstreak

meanstreak

Quote from: Nightwalker on May 07, 2008, 02:47:16 AM
actually i think yr right...yeah..the UK had a terrible looking cover for the se..i remember that now i think about it..and it wasnt as good as the R1 version.....yeah..thats why i got the US R1  version.

as for avp uncut...the UK had an extreme version first yes...but as u say it wasnt the UNCUT version with afew extra angles and the blood...that hit the US first.....im not actually sure if u can get that here yet.

ya you can pick it up, the steelbook "Definitive Edition" in the UK AvP is identical to the USA uncut version

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed