ADI for Directors

Started by Darkness, Apr 18, 2008, 07:06:08 PM

Author
ADI for Directors (Read 7,529 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I was a bit surprised by what Tom Woodruff said in the recent video interview on DreadCentral that him and Alec Gillis had aspirations to direct AvP Requiem.

So thinking about the direction (and/or visual/special effects) only, do you think Tom Woodruff and Alec Gillis would have done a better or worse job than the Strauses?

I think there's definitely positives and negatives for both.

He also said that he pitched an idea to Fox for Alien 5 but said that they are no longer interested in continuing that story.

Aran

Aran

seems like it would be another pro-Alien movie... and the Preds will die.. yet again

marrerom

marrerom

i am all for them directing an avp movie! they know the alien franchise and will maintain continuity, and they have great ideas for the series.  :D

JordanLee

JordanLee

Quote from: Aran on Apr 18, 2008, 07:07:37 PM
seems like it would be another pro-Alien movie... and the Preds will die.. yet again

What do you mean another pro-alien movie? Both Aliens and predators lose every movie they're in. :-\

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

did you see AvPR???

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 18, 2008, 07:06:08 PM
I was a bit surprised by what Tom Woodruff said in the recent video interview on DreadCentral that him and Alec Gillis had aspirations to direct AvP Requiem.

So thinking about the direction (and/or visual/special effects) only, do you think Tom Woodruff and Alec Gillis would have done a better or worse job than the Strauses?

I think there's definitely positives and negatives for both.

He also said that he pitched an idea to Fox for Alien 5 but said that they are no longer interested in continuing that story.

Had to laugh at the end of that interview, they really love Paul Anderson dont they? :D

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 18, 2008, 07:06:08 PM

>:(

Aran

Aran

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 18, 2008, 07:28:22 PM

did you see AvPR???

yeah.. and its pro-Alien.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Aran on Apr 18, 2008, 08:09:36 PM

did you see AvPR???

:-\ how is that?

marrerom

marrerom

did you see AvPR???

::)  he's just playing stupid to get a rise out of us.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: marrerom on Apr 18, 2008, 07:17:37 PM
i am all for them directing an avp movie! they know the alien franchise and will maintain continuity, and they have great ideas for the series.  :D

You are kidding right? Take it you never heard their idea for the PredAlien's reproduction method?

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: marrerom on Apr 18, 2008, 08:11:15 PM

did you see AvPR???

::)  he's just playing stupid to get a rise out of us.

Yeah iv noticed in his post's yesterday.

Aran

Aran

nope. wrong guess there...

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

So how is AvPR pro-alien?

Aran

Aran

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 18, 2008, 08:26:54 PM
So how is AvPR pro-alien?

dead Preds against Predalien. no contest there... stupid ending battle scene... there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed