Author
ADI for Directors (Read 7,471 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2008, 06:18:05 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2008, 10:21:22 AM
So...straight to DVD. Here we come.
Huh? Why you say that?

Well, I was thinking Starship Troopers TBH. One of the effects dudes directed the 2nd one and it went to DVD, and the writer is doing the 3rd. I know, this is AvP not ST but I just saw the similarity with effects guys wanting to do it.

RumorControl

RumorControl

AvP And AvPR were both pro Predator.  The Aliens were useless in both movies, except for Grid in part 1.

I don't know if Woodruff would improve the series but with the idiot brothers, we're guaranteed another Predator fanboy wankfest.

Aran

Aran

Quote from: RumorControl on Apr 19, 2008, 07:51:52 PM
AvP And AvPR were both pro Predator.  The Aliens were useless in both movies, except for Grid in part 1.

I don't know if Woodruff would improve the series but with the idiot brothers, we're guaranteed another Predator fanboy wankfest.

wat? pro-Preds? when both movies had Preds killed in 5 min how can that be Pro Preds?

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Aran on Apr 19, 2008, 08:37:47 PM

wat? pro-Preds? when both movies had Preds killed in 5 min how can that be Pro Preds?

You know 2 Predators got killed in AvP. how many Aliens got killed by a Predator in both movies?

Aran

Aran

Quote from: shakermakerman on Apr 19, 2008, 08:40:34 PM

You know 2 Predators got killed in AvP. how many Aliens got killed by a Predator in both movies?

loads. bcoz they were many Aliens. so how do you compare 3 Preds vs an Alien army? for sure the smaller number would take as many of the bigger number before they were overwhelmed.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Aran on Apr 19, 2008, 08:45:01 PM

loads. bcoz they were many Aliens. so how do you compare 3 Preds vs an Alien army? for sure the smaller number would take as many of the bigger number before they were overwhelmed.
I know what you want is a Predator killing 3 complete hives plus a queen. People like you are the reason I never come here that much anymore. Forget the fact that the Aliens got massacred by Wolf but remember that the Predalien killed 3 Predators. Oh wow

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

And both had many more Aliens killed in far less?

Aran

Aran

Quote from: Pred-Xeno on Apr 20, 2008, 12:02:09 AM

I know what you want is a Predator killing 3 complete hives plus a queen. People like you are the reason I never come here that much anymore. Forget the fact that the Aliens got massacred by Wolf but remember that the Predalien killed 3 Predators. Oh wow

no. dont assume. I dont mind seeing Preds die but in full glory & battling the Predaliens or Aliens to the death. Not by some lame ass off screen death.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

It'd be interesting if they DID shoot their own stuff. They'd definately have the technical expertise. But, like so many other FX guys turned directors, they'd probably lose the human element due to focusing on the beasties.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Aran on Apr 20, 2008, 04:38:32 PM
Quote from: Pred-Xeno on Apr 20, 2008, 12:02:09 AM

no. dont assume. I dont mind seeing Preds die but in full glory & battling the Predaliens or Aliens to the death. Not by some lame ass off screen death.
I don't mind seeing Aliens die either I just wish they actually die in "full glory & battling the Predators to the death. Not some lame ass quick kill".  ::)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I was surprised to think about the fact that maybe it might be ideal for them to direct AVP3. After seeing that interview, instead of me saying that it's better if I say nothing, the worst thing I could say is give him the job of AVP3. It's an already ruined franchise, he wants to direct a movie by the looks of it, he's probably been permanently involved in the story since Aliens. I don't like ADI's aliens at all, the hands are dreadful and there's something wrong with the heads all the time and the fact that it looks like a normal sized human in  a costume.

And the Alien 3 puppet was acceptable in absence of Giger's work.

What if the problem is about permanent state of flux with meeting with the directors ideas at the last moment and having to rush with a new design when they don't know what the director wants until the last moment, and ADI are never in control because it's the directors and the producers and the studio bosses working against each other quite often. Meanwhile what if ADI have something up their sleeve that is too much get the directors interested in especially without much preparation. It might be an ugly big if and it sounds a bit of an iffy it even at that. But they had a new design for the alien in Alien 3 but Fincher went with a normal one. These are almost ugly questions. Then again when I saw their alien monster in X-files, I immediately recognised their handywork without needing to see the credits and I don't have any good words to describe that creature suit and design.

I know that ADI make outfits and they hope that the directors film them in the best way possible but what if only they understand how their outfits should be filmed. They might realise that they don't want their Predalien to show off the fact it has a lower body that looks like a normal sized human or even
that they don't want the backpipes wobbling around in a shot and that they don't want the hands looking oversized even if they are that big. However even though the Newborn Alien's design was awful, it was very well put together piece of *swear word*. Maybe it might have been bettwe with a dome on as in the original concept art.

Well these are strange questions I'm thinking about. Really i shouldn't be showing my pity for Woodruff, and then I'm worried about who the *swear word* they'll pick to direct the next movie and so far the franchise appears to be trying to destroy the interest that I have in it. Maybe I should ask someone off the street to push the button that allows the bucket of green sludge to pour over him because I don't want to do it myself.

Whatever we get, I wont like probably so maybe better the devil we know (and we're getting used to him ) , rather than the devil we don't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed