The most recent concert you have been to.

Started by Ghost Rider, Mar 27, 2008, 01:24:50 AM

Author
The most recent concert you have been to. (Read 79,588 times)

Gates

These days, live, Cornell's voice is hit-or-miss...you figure with his style of singing, that voice wouldn't last forever so it's understandable...

How anyone thinks he can't sing is crazy to me though...just make them listen to Jesus Christ Pose...

Sexy Poot

That's exactly what I tell em dude! Perfect example. When I saw him live solo, he NAILED every note of it live. Its weird how we think its amazing on record, but when u hear that a human being can do something like that live in person, its so surreal.

DoomRulz

It's too bad David Draiman can't do the same...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Tragically Hip. Goddamn, that was insane. I knew as soon as Gordon Downie canoed across the stage using his mic stand as a paddle that I was in for something special. One of the loudest concerts I've been to (these guys rivalled the goddamn Chilli Peppers for decibel level), and one of the most purely entertaining. So many fantastic songs that they played, yet so many more I wish I'd heard. The most surreal moment by far was when Downie began talking about his relationship with both his microphone and his mic stand, as he stroked both in a somewhat sensual manner.

Oh Christ, my ears are in actual physical pain right now. :laugh:

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 24, 2013, 06:44:44 AM
The Tragically Hip. Goddamn, that was insane. I knew as soon as Gordon Downie canoed across the stage using his mic stand as a paddle that I was in for something special. One of the loudest concerts I've been to (these guys rivalled the goddamn Chilli Peppers for decibel level), and one of the most purely entertaining. So many fantastic songs that they played, yet so many more I wish I'd heard. The most surreal moment by far was when Downie began talking about his relationship with both his microphone and his mic stand, as he stroked both in a somewhat sensual manner.

Oh Christ, my ears are in actual physical pain right now. :laugh:

Goddamn man, sounds amazing. I jelly. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeEopDW0V4#

SpaceMarines

Oh man, when New Orleans is Sinking started being played, the whole arena just exploded. :laugh:

Yeah, it was tonnes of fun. Downie is one of the strangest performers I've ever seen, and I loved every minute of his antics.

They didn't play Three Pistols or 50 Mission Cap, which disappointed me slightly, but they have so many great tunes they'd ultimately leave something out no matter what.

Gates

This mofo got tickets for Clint Mansell, live, at a f**king church..! :D

Glory..!

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Saw Bosnian Rainbows 5 days ago. Super stolked for June though.... BONNAROOOOOOOOOOO! :D

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 09, 2013, 04:26:19 AM
I'm not a diehard fan because I haven't heard much of their music, but I respect them as a band. I love Black Hole Sun, amazing song.

Love em! Saw them with The Mars Volta back in '11 at Red Rocks! SPOON MAN!

Gates

Sooo, that Mansell show was Wed night...was awesome...Aronofsky was on hand for introductions, and then the music started and it was incredible...they played sets of three songs for Pi, Moon, Last Night, Stoker, Requiem for a Dream, and The Fountain...before each set, Mansell gave little anecdotes about the corresponding film (except for Moon and Pi -- Aronofsky talked about Pi)...Kronos Quartet ripped it up, as did the other musicians...there were special appearances by Peter Broderick and Emily Wells (Broderick via Skype or maybe a prerecording, Wells live)...all of this on the altar of the Church of St. Paul the Apostle, which was hilarity, but also added to the experience in a haunting sort of way...

Overall, it was more than I was expecting live for music that is essentially dark, ominous tones...really enjoyed it and would love to see them again...

SpaceMarines

That sounds fantastic, man.

Gates

It really was, man...Ms. Mojo recorded The Fountain set (our fav), I could put it up if anyone is interested..? :)

sagans bongwater

That sounds super cool. I love the music in all of those movies.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013.

Holy shit. Just... holy shit. Two absolutely fantastic nights.

Mere words would not do this justice, so I'll just post the performers list and let your imagination do the rest:

Albert Lee
Allan Holdsworth
Allman Brothers Band
Andy Fairweather Low
B.B. King
Blake Mills
Booker T
Brad Paisley
Buddy Guy
Citizen Cope
Dave Biller
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
John Mayer
John Scofield
Jonny Lang
Keb Mo
Keith Urban
Keith Richards
Kurt Rosenwinkle
Los Lobos
Matt "Guitar" Murphy
Quinn Sullivan
Robbie Robertson
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sonny Landreth
Steve Cropper
Taj Mahal
Vince Gill

To top it all off, Dan Aykroyd introduced all of the sets.

Some stand out moments:

Clapton, Andy Fairweather*, Vince Gill, Doyle Bramhall II doing an acoustic Wonderful Tonight.

*As an aside, I just have to mention that Fairweather awesomely looks like an English professor whilst absolutely shredding the guitar and belting out the Blues like a goddam Delta legend.

Booker T, Keb Mo, Cropper, Mills, and others just jammin' it up playing Green Onions.

Gary Clark Jr. playing Don't Owe You a Thing solo; just him, his guitar, a bass drum, and a high-hat.

Robert Cray doing Great Big Old House (which was beautiful), shortly before being joined by Clapton, Vaughan, and the King himself on stage.

Dan Aykroyd going full Blues Brothers whilst talking between the sets; one minute he's just normal Dan. In the blink of an eye, Keb Mo's out there with him, sunglasses have somehow materialized on his face, and there's a harmonica in his hand, and he starts coverin' Muddy Waters and singing about how he's gonna go down to Louisiana and have sex with anything that has a pulse.

John Mayer and Keith Urban covering Don't Let Me Down. I never really liked those two musicians too much before, but after seeing them here, I have a very deep respect for them both; absolutely masterful guitarists, and their rendition of the song was simply beautiful.

The most surreal moment was when Clapton started up the big finale, with Keith Richards appearing out of nowhere (hadn't been on the lineup), backed up by a drummer who looked like a cross between Idris Elba and Paul Winfield, and a pianist who unfortunately had the distinct honour of appearing the result of a wild love affair between Eric Idle and Sméagol.

Also, absolutely everything that Buddy Guy did or was remotely involved in. I am of the opinion he's the greatest guitarist I've ever seen, and those are big words considering the company he kept over the weekend.

There's tonnes of other moments, but way to many to list them all. I know there's at least a dozen other things that I just can't think of right now. It was a wonderful two evenings of Rock 'n' Roll, Blues, Jazz, and even a little bit of Funk (courtesy of the Slow Hand himself).

"See you in three years," were Eric's closing words.

Oh God, I hope so, was all I thought in reply.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 14, 2013, 09:14:06 PM
Spoiler

Mere words would not do this justice, so I'll just post the performers list and let your imagination do the rest:

Albert Lee
Allan Holdsworth
Allman Brothers Band
Andy Fairweather Low
B.B. King
Blake Mills
Booker T
Brad Paisley
Buddy Guy
Citizen Cope
Dave Biller
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
John Mayer
John Scofield
Jonny Lang
Keb Mo
Keith Urban
Keith Richards
Kurt Rosenwinkle
Los Lobos
Matt "Guitar" Murphy
Quinn Sullivan
Robbie Robertson
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sonny Landreth
Steve Cropper
Taj Mahal
Vince Gill

Some stand out moments:

Clapton, Andy Fairweather*, Vince Gill, Doyle Bramhall II doing an acoustic Wonderful Tonight.

*As an aside, I just have to mention that Fairweather awesomely looks like an English professor whilst absolutely shredding the guitar and belting out the Blues like a goddam Delta legend.

Booker T, Keb Mo, Cropper, Mills, and others just jammin' it up playing Green Onions.

Gary Clark Jr. playing Don't Owe You a Thing solo; just him, his guitar, a bass drum, and a high-hat.

Robert Cray doing Great Big Old House (which was beautiful), shortly before being joined by Clapton, Vaughan, and the King himself on stage.

Dan Aykroyd going full Blues Brothers whilst talking between the sets; one minute he's just normal Dan. In the blink of an eye, Keb Mo's out there with him, sunglasses have somehow materialized on his face, and there's a harmonica in his hand, and he starts coverin' Muddy Waters and singing about how he's gonna go down to Louisiana and have sex with anything that has a pulse.

John Mayer and Keith Urban covering Don't Let Me Down. I never really liked those two musicians too much before, but after seeing them here, I have a very deep respect for them both; absolutely masterful guitarists, and their rendition of the song was simply beautiful.

The most surreal moment was when Clapton started up the big finale, with Keith Richards appearing out of nowhere (hadn't been on the lineup), backed up by a drummer who looked like a cross between Idris Elba and Paul Winfield, and a pianist who unfortunately had the distinct honour of appearing the result of a wild love affair between Eric Idle and Sméagol.

Also, absolutely everything that Buddy Guy did or was remotely involved in. I am of the opinion he's the greatest guitarist I've ever seen, and those are big words considering the company he kept over the weekend.

There's tonnes of other moments, but way to many to list them all. I know there's at least a dozen other things that I just can't think of right now. It was a wonderful two evenings of Rock 'n' Roll, Blues, Jazz, and even a little bit of Funk (courtesy of the Slow Hand himself).

[close]
U                                     N                                     F:
The Live Experience

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 14, 2013, 11:46:25 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 14, 2013, 09:14:06 PM
Spoiler

Albert Lee
Allan Holdsworth
Allman Brothers Band
Andy Fairweather Low
B.B. King
Blake Mills
Booker T
Brad Paisley
Buddy Guy
Citizen Cope
Dave Biller
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
John Mayer
John Scofield
Jonny Lang
Keb Mo
Keith Urban
Keith Richards
Kurt Rosenwinkle
Los Lobos
Matt "Guitar" Murphy
Quinn Sullivan
Robbie Robertson
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sonny Landreth
Steve Cropper
Taj Mahal
Vince Gill

Some stand out moments:

[close]
U                                     N                                     F:
The Live Experience

My face literally the entire 10 hours.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed