All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,927,781 times)

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 09, 2012, 12:02:38 AM
A cameo reference would be nice. For example, showing the Monkey Island when they take a map out or whatever :D

It would only be fair since PoTC was actually based on a script for a Monkey Island movie, shame that all my favourite things about MI, and what separated it from all other pirate stories such as the anachronistic technology, items and characters, were dropped in PoTC.

I actually think the next PoTC movie should be a monkey island movie, they could have some voodoo goings on merging the PoTC world with the PoTC ride at Disneyworld/land which could bring in things like vending machines etc.

Eva

Eva

:D

Oh, now that we talked about Fett and how he originally sounded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a897FGgDJy8#

An infinitely better voice characterization than what we're left with today  :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

Huh, I didn't even remember what he sounded like back then. The again, I haven't watched the OT in a while. Never really had a problem with Temuera's voice myself though, even if I had to admit that this guy sounds more menacing.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 09, 2012, 01:21:46 PM
Huh, I didn't even remember what he sounded like back then. The again, I haven't watched the OT in a while. Never really had a problem with Temuera's voice myself though, even if I had to admit that this guy sounds more menacing.

... which is probably because Wingren was told to incorporate a characterization into his lines, as opposed to Morrison who sounds like he's just reading the lines up loud with no emphasis on anything.

Oh, why am I still talking about this? What nut brought this subject up? Me...? Ohhh...... :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Nov 09, 2012, 01:33:10 PMOh, why am I still talking about this? What nut brought this subject up? Me...? Ohhh...... :P
First dreams of being a mental patient and now this? Better watch yourself or this is gonna be you when you're 30.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 09, 2012, 01:37:10 PM
Quote from: Eva on Nov 09, 2012, 01:33:10 PMOh, why am I still talking about this? What nut brought this subject up? Me...? Ohhh...... :P
First dreams of being a mental patient and now this? Better watch yourself or this is gonna be you when you're 30.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsgc4gUlpX1r0ojhto1_500.gif
Yeah, I remember what happened the last time...

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Touché. :laugh:

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Alienseseses on Nov 08, 2012, 11:03:17 PM
http://www.vulture.com/2012/11/star-wars-episode-vii-may-have-found-its-writer.html?mid=twitter_vulture

QuoteSince winning the Oscar for Sunshine, Arndt has lectured extensively on the art of storytelling at numerous writers' retreats, like the Hawaii Writers Conference in Maui and the Austin Film Festival, always featuring a lengthy and detailed explanation of why the original Star Wars' ending is so creatively satisfying.

At these talks, Arndt always tells attendees that Star Wars' enduring appeal has to do with resolving its protagonists goals' nearly simultaneously, at the climax of the movie. In the comments section of a discussion about a Star Wars talk Arndt gave at the Austin Film Festival in 2010, one attendee of the seminar notes, "Arndt stated that if a writer could resolve the story's arcs (internal, external, philosophical) immediately after the Moment of Despair at the climax, he or she would deliver the Insanely Great Ending and put the audience in a euphoric state. The faster it could happen, the better. By [Arndt's] reckoning, George Lucas hit those three marks at the climax of Star Wars within a space of 22 seconds."

Indeed, in the third act of Star Wars, as Arndt explained to his young screenwriting Padawans at the 2009 Hawaii Writers Conference, its central characters' main goals all are met on pages 89 through 91 of the original Lucas script: At the crescendo of Star Wars, a spectral Obi Wan urges, "Use the Force, Luke," and he does, thus reaching his inner goal (fighting self-doubt to become a hero). Han Solo reappears (meeting the philosophical goal of overcoming selfishness with altruism) to shoot down Darth Vader, which allows Luke to use the Force to mentally guide his shot and blow up the Death Star (outer goal and inner goals simultaneously met).

Yeah. You know what? I have no reservations. This is our guy. This is the man who, if the rumor is true, would make a great Star Wars movie because he ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW TO TELL STORIES.

Han Solo coming out of no-where and nearly killing Vader was my favorite part! Any point before that, I got this wierd smug jerk vibe that implied the character was just a drug smuggler who cared for little in the universe. I will need to rewatch the OT and jot down some themes because I never looked at the OT as theme orientated

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 09, 2012, 04:08:29 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 09, 2012, 01:45:09 AM
I guess they will likely have them appear in flash backs. C-3PO and R2-D2 will likely end up being only Star Wars characters to appear all 9 movies now.

Under Disney, I wouldn't be surprised if they add a female Android to serve as love interest for R2

Yeah I hate how they do that in all their films. Those loved up droids almost ruined Beauty and the Beast for me. Man what are you talking about? How does Lucasfilm being owned by Disney mean they'll put love stories for droids into future Star Wars films? What are you smoking?

Ruadh

Ruadh

Steven Spielberg Says No To STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=69861

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ah well. Too bad.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Yep. I know peeps feel Spielberg has delivered some misses lately, but I've never seen a Spielberg movie where I thought he did a bad job directing at all. The writing may have been lackluster, but I don't think he's written anything since the late 70's. He always gets terrific performances, and knows how to manipulate emotions. Could have been great.

BUt of course there's no shortage of directors who ARE interested, and plenty have talent as well.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Keg on Nov 09, 2012, 05:08:22 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Nov 09, 2012, 04:08:29 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 09, 2012, 01:45:09 AM
I guess they will likely have them appear in flash backs. C-3PO and R2-D2 will likely end up being only Star Wars characters to appear all 9 movies now.

Under Disney, I wouldn't be surprised if they add a female Android to serve as love interest for R2

Yeah I hate how they do that in all their films. Those loved up droids almost ruined Beauty and the Beast for me. Man what are you talking about? How does Lucasfilm being owned by Disney mean they'll put love stories for droids into future Star Wars films? What are you smoking?

"Disney" was only a reference. But I have no doubt with or without Disney involved, Lucasfilm could introduce a female android for the next sequel. Cheap as it sounds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed