All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,934,446 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't get much of a Reylo vibe from The Old One.

Tali'Zorah or Mission Vao?

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 04, 2019, 10:39:13 PM
I imagine Vader tended to reserve his ire for those whom he felt deserved it, either individually or collectively, and gave zero f**ks about collateral damage.

However, I doubt he'd go out of his way to be needlessly cruel or harmful to innocents.  They might suffer an abrasive or dismissive comment from him, but that's about all.

You will be sorely disappointed with that. Because he is a monster. He killed his own people and innocents often. He slaughters amputee civilians who can't even fight back...

https://youtu.be/whZ7qHGiSvY

https://youtu.be/w_R_lg066T0

It makes the Redemption of Vader, Luke's hope and progress as a character all the more insulting in TLJ.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The events depicted in the first video are no longer canon.

And Vader apparently regards his former identity as a secret, so of course he kills those who discover it.  Even his own men.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2019, 12:50:58 AM

And Vader apparently regards his former identity as a secret, so of course he kills those who discover it.

Really? I was under the impression it was released post-disney take over. From the new line of Vader comics.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The only canon Dark Horse comic is the Darth Maul one.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul%E2%80%94Son_of_Dathomir

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2019, 12:50:58 AM

And Vader apparently regards his former identity as a secret, so of course he kills those who discover it.  Even his own men.

Why not kill Tarkin? He knows who Vader is.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2019, 12:55:23 AM
The only canon Dark Horse comic is the Darth Maul one.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul%E2%80%94Son_of_Dathomir

That is horribly depressing.  :(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Palpatine specifically forbade Vader from harming Tarkin.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2019, 12:46:01 AM

Tali, KOTOR's cast doesn't hold a candle to Mass Effect's cast.

Bring in KOTOR 2 and you have some competition.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 05, 2019, 01:00:16 AM

How did you feel about ME3's ending? I think with the extended cut it's fine. I chose synthesis just to prove the reapers wrong.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Indoctrination Theory.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 05, 2019, 01:02:51 AM

How did you feel about ME3's ending? I think with the extended cut it's fine. I chose synthesis just to prove the reapers wrong.

Good job proving them right, Synthesis is by far the most morally reprehensible ending of them all.

In basic terms, the Leviathan's created the Catalyst to fix what they perceived as a problem.
(Despite Shepard PROVING both Quarians and Geth can co-operate, organics and synthetics.)
In essence despite what the Catalyst has done it still serves the Leviathans- it even says so.
So it seeks to serve it's masters goals (Mind control) whilst creating understanding between organic and synthetic.
Realistically, the only way to stop such a problem permanently is to make them one and the same somehow.
It would stand to reason then that what the Catalyst thinks is the best solution, is to mind meld everyone in the Milky Way in some fashion- connect them all.
This basically means that the Leviathans no longer have a finite range of telepathy. So everything is permanently connected.
It's clear to me that EDI and everyone while they maintain their individuality are being influenced by the Leviathans.
Synthesis is the Leviathans win.

Either I'm right or the writers behind the ending of ME3 genuinely meant they think combined life, forced in any form is okay in the slightest.
Which makes them all people with no sense of morality.

It's basically universe rape taken at face value.

Control, replacing the (Circular logic) Catalyst and ending his "Goal" finishes it.
As does outright Destroying him, the Reapers and all Synthetics. (The Synthetics, can be rebuilt.)
Or refusal.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Bastila, HK47 and Jolee Bindo beat some of Mass Effect's weaker characters IMO (particularly given that Bastila is arguably most analogous to Ashley), but generally agreed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Miranda or Mira (or the Handmaiden)?

Also, you should all check out this series for a worthy ending to ME3.  Yes, it starts with part 6.  Parts 1-5 were just parodies until the artist got serious...

https://www.deviantart.com/koobismo/art/Marauder-Shields-6-The-True-Catalyst-ME3-291069441

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Vertigo on Feb 05, 2019, 01:18:41 AM

Bastila, HK47 and Jolee Bindo beat some of Mass Effect's weaker characters IMO (particularly given that Bastila is arguably most analogous to Ashley), but generally agreed.

Bastila's just Jennifer Hale as whiny Jedi IMO, Jolee Bindo's fantastic though and HK-47 doesn't count 'cause he's better in KOTOR 2.  ;D

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 05, 2019, 01:36:01 AM
Miranda or Mira (or the Handmaiden)?

Also, you should all check out this series for a worthy ending to ME3.  Yes, it starts with part 6.  Parts 1-5 were just parodies until the artist got serious...

https://www.deviantart.com/koobismo/art/Marauder-Shields-6-The-True-Catalyst-ME3-291069441

I did check that out, a long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far away of the Bioware Social Network. Good times.

The Handmaiden Brianna.

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Too bad Jolee never interacted with Kreia.  That would have been a hoot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed