All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,936,117 times)

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Dec 14, 2017, 01:28:41 AM
Quote from: GQSioux on Dec 12, 2017, 06:15:21 PM
I saw it last night. I'm on the boat of people who think it's the best movie since Empire Strikes Back.

Blows away The Force Awakens.

This is what I wanted to hear!  Seeing it this weekend. 

Hold your horses there, this CERTAINLY isn't the best one since TESB, and it doesnt BLOW TFA away. There are allot of things that are better than TFA but also allot of things worse. In overal, being a longtime SW fan, I was dissapointed, they dropped the ball on several occasions, I still can't get my head wrapped around allot of unlogical events in the movie or decisions, director's wise.

I do need to process it all and rewatch it, but im so disapointed in SO many things right now.

It didn't feel like it belonged in the SW universe and the events they set up in TFA make no sense whatsoever in TLJ.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 12, 2017, 06:47:26 PM
Wo, wo, wo. Hold up.

Spoiler
Luke dies
[close]

Someone please explain this to me. I get they want to move forward with the new generation but come on. Seriously.

Spoiler
"You were the chosen one!!!!!"
[close]

Cheers mate. Movie ruined.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Rudiger on Dec 14, 2017, 08:21:48 AM
Wo, wo, wo. Hold up.

Spoiler
Luke dies
[close]

Someone please explain this to me. I get they want to move forward with the new generation but come on. Seriously.

Spoiler
[close]

It was written in spoiler tags tho.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Dec 14, 2017, 08:30:15 AM
Quote from: Rudiger on Dec 14, 2017, 08:21:48 AM
Wo, wo, wo. Hold up.

Spoiler
Luke dies
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

It was written in spoiler tags tho.

It was the bit that's not in spoiler tags I was referring to.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Just got back from seeing it.  It is not as good as Empire Strikes Back, that's a ridiculous comparison.  I liked some things in it, but other stuff really bored me.

It was good seeing Mark Hamill back, though.  Wish he was in it more, but it's not his story anymore, I get that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I preface this by saying I'm not a real Star Wars fan as I enjoy every single one of the films. I also enjoyed this one. Generally, a really fun film, some great moments, some stupid moments and I could have done without the entire Finn plot as it seemed like they were struggling to find anything for him to do.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Big star wars fan here, went at midnight with my old man who is a star wars fanatic. He even loves the prequels. Both of us walked out gobsmacked by this one. It was absolutely dreadful. So much wrong. A pale cheap imitation of Star Wars. The directing poor. The dialogue sub standard. The acting, dreadful. So many cop outs. Worst of all it lasts about two hours too long, as the thinly veiled plot is dragged out beyond belief. We, along with two other friends agreed it was hands down the worst one yet. It is so disrespectful to everything before it. It is as if the director and his team hate Star Wars.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The above is what I was afraid of, but expected after the shit show that was TFA.
Oh boy...I kind of don't even want to take my little brother to see it, he was super let down with the first one.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Could have been a number of things. That's why I placed spoiler tags.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I'm genuinely gutted. At first I was shell shocked. I couldn't believe it. Now I'm jus gutted. Awful.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 14, 2017, 06:35:44 PM

Could have been a number of things. That's why I placed spoiler tags.

No. Your comments can only mean one thing. Thanks for being such a jerk.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Dude what are you talking about, tone it down. I put a spoiler tag there for a reason, you obviously read it because you're getting so heated. I was simply pissed off that happened in the movie. You sir are being the jerk.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 14, 2017, 07:10:43 PM

Dude what are you talking about, tone it down. I put a spoiler tag there for a reason, you obviously read it because you're getting so heated. I was simply pissed off that happened in the movie. You sir are being the jerk.

What you didn't put in spoilers is a massive f***ing spoiler. It can mean only one thing. Try engaging your brain. I didn't read what's in the spoilers. You just don't get it, do you?

kwisatz

kwisatz

I just read about the end scene. Is it possible that RJ was heavily inspirated by this famous piece there?

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

When executed well and not too on the nose i can see it work---

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Rudiger on Dec 14, 2017, 08:17:54 PM
Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 14, 2017, 07:10:43 PM

What you didn't put in spoilers is a massive f***ing spoiler. It can mean only one thing. Try engaging your brain. I didn't read what's in the spoilers. You just don't get it, do you?

I don't follow this either. You seem to be pissed at nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed