AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 328,577 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2009, 10:57:39 PM
Its blades melted off, it had no spear, the net is useless at extreme close range and it had no gun. All it could hope to do was beat the shit out of the thing, which it tried to do in spades.

The net was the right weapon to use, but like I've said countless times before, Anderson thought it would be so much cooler to have Celtic pose and that's why he lost.

alexpj19

alexpj19

a lot of good points, aliens are not that smart, its pure animal instincts, stock, hide, attack, kill. they are hard to kill if you are a human with no gun (Alien1 & 3)  but if you have long range weapon or 10 times stronger than  average human than its all about how fast and accurate you are. Aliens 2 had piles of alien bodies, specially when they keep coming towards the turrets (not too smart). as for the predators fighting skills they would use weapons and if out of them than it comes to fists, kicks, wrist blades, maybe even using the environments. as for wrestling and rolling on the ground....well... if the alien jumped on you and pinned you to the ground, wrestling skills are helpful i think, to somehow get up or change the position to get on top or something. than nothing wrong with wrestling. that's why its kind of challenging to come out with a good choreography for my fight scenes  :)  as for the hand weapons, yes they should be acid proof.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: alexpj19 on Feb 06, 2009, 12:09:28 AM
aliens are not that smart, its pure animal instincts
That's the mentality you've gone into this with?

Oh, yay.

QuoteAliens 2 had piles of alien bodies, specially when they keep coming towards the turrets (not too smart).
Firstly, it wasn't "piles". The confirmed kills are around, what, 30? Of 150? The bodies weren't piling up when they were going for the turrets, because there were still masses of them chasing Ripley and Hicks at the end.

Secondly, running at the turrets is something humans have a long, long history of doing. Yet we also have rocket scientists and neurosurgeons.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 05, 2009, 11:28:52 PMAnd that was a failure to begin with. A species that fights Aliens for thousands of years, that has managed to create space travel technology and has a highly defensive weapon system isn't able to enhance their weapons to make it acid proof? Very unlikely.
They had acid-proof weapons. The wristblades just weren't one of them.

QuoteGiven the scene where the Predator shoots the net while the Alien is jumping at him in high speed i would say the net works pretty good at close range.
Hi, I said extreme close range. As in, Alien grabbing you close range. The net needs space to unfold - At the distance Celtic had with Grid most of the fight, it would've just been a rolled up net punching into the Alien's stomach, and nothing else. Not terribly effective.

Quotethere is the scene while they just stand there and the alien is snorting at him, there was enough opportunity to use the net gun.
Not using the net then was smart. The Alien could've easily dodged - The shoulder cannon fires a faster projectile, and they can dodge that. Hell, they can dodge bullets. The Alien would've seen the net coming from the end of the corridor and, y'know ... stepped to the side.

QuoteIt was right next to him sticking in Colin Salmon , all he had to do is to just grab it.
Grid jumped on him and knocked him away from the spear. From then it was more interested in not getting killed, and then it had the Alien in the net.

QuoteAnd there would be nothing wrong with it when he would at least try to kill it. It was on the ground, he had thick sandales, try to crush the head, rip its inner jaw out while its on the ground, just do something to kill the thing.. but Noooo.
And this is where Anderson giving the Alien the tiniest bit of f**king credit comes in, and not having its head splattered by a Predator's boot.

alexpj19

alexpj19

@ SiL

dude you dont have to like what i think about Aliens or Predators, the mentality that i stated this project with was to make the film that I want to make, after all its my free time that im gonna spend on it, and as long as im happy with it, job well done than, and if people enjoyed watching it, that would make me even happier.  as for "Aliens 2" alien body count it was "high" and it didn't look like it was much of a problem to blow them in to pieces with a rifles. they just overrun humans with their numbers.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: alexpj19 on Feb 06, 2009, 04:18:08 AM
@ SiL

dude you dont have to like what i think about Aliens or Predators,
I'm not saying I should either.

Quotethe mentality that i stated this project with was to make the film that I want to make, after all its my free time that im gonna spend on it, and as long as im happy with it, job well done than,
Of course!

Quoteas for "Aliens 2"
There's an Aliens 2 now ???

Quotealien body count it was "high" and it didn't look like it was much of a problem to blow them in to pieces with a rifles.
Except the times we see bullets bouncing off. And that the actual number of times we see an Alien irrefutably die are actually very, very few. Mostly we see Aliens get shot and fall back out of frame, but that doesn't mean they're dead.

Quotethey just overrun humans with their numbers.
Yeah, because tactfully using the various environments to sneak up and ambush their prey had nothing to do with it whatsoever. No sir.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: alexpj19 on Feb 05, 2009, 07:48:32 PM
in every fight im trying to find a balance, if its a long range battle than predator uses weapons and alien dies fast, if its up close fight than predator gets slapped around in it but still wins, cause he needs to get to the queen some how, right. so i hear what all of you are saying and trying to take it in consideration.

That's the problem AvPR had right? If you have one Predator he cannot die because he has to go to the end, (plot armor, more powerful than anything.) It becomes a problem when the Predator kills 20 Aliens without breaking a sweat because it would be 'cool'. As long as the fights are plausible and the Aliens are shown to be formidable opponents, I'll be happy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I gotta agree with SiL, he's right in all counts, especially about using strategy to take the humans out.

Alex, if I may make a suggestion...don't have the Predator tackling multiple Aliens at once. Do a few one-on-one fights, that way more effort can be put into making the fights seem plausible, then everything else: long range caster shootouts.

alexpj19

alexpj19

yeah , im gravitating towards "not having 5 aliens dead in 30 seconds" it will also save some production time and give me more time to work on predalien fight.

War Wager

War Wager

I guess at the end of the day, you want a badass Predator. The best (and only way actually) to do that it is to have him go up against dangerous enemies, ones that are capable of killing him if he makes one wrong move, yet he still ends up triumphant. Also, fights are way more entertaining when you can't tell whose going to win. I know 'Scott's going to survive to the end, but it would make the battles more interesting if the Alien bloodies him before it dies. Scenes like that in Requiem? Nope.

Chris P

Chris P

I do also agree with Sil.  He proves a valid point. (Nice job explaining the Aliens' in their intirety)

@Alex,

I would stray from 5 Aliens dead in 30 seconds, cause then it would turn into a blood bath brawl as opposed to an intense, skill driven one-on-one battle.

(Way more entertaining to watch each speacies fight one on one for a longer time, than a bunch of them in a short ammount of time.)

- My suggestions.  ;)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Lesson Learned:At the end of the day,One Predator against many Aliens or one Alien against many Predators,just doesn't work.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

also. make sure the Environment suffures the fiight too. like something getting smashed here. and a wall crumbling there. give that ship hell!

also if ya can. see if you can make some referances to the Original ALIEN. like Scott blasting an Alien out of an Airlock or something.

also, I always wanted to see a Predator go Jason Voorhees to an Alien when hes about to kill it. so like after a long fight. have the Predator like rip out the Alien's Extending Jaw and Idk. Stab it into its head. also. if you realy like to try a 2 on one. I'd say after a few minutes of the Aliens kickin the Predator's Ass. have the predator get the upper hand by grabbing an Alien's Tail and Impaling the other Alien with the other's tail.

Also. try having the Predator use its Environment as a weapon. such as if it can't use his weapons for some reason or another, he should like grab a bar or something to beat the Alien up.

Idk. just throwing in some ideas. but I speek for us all to say we don't need to see an uber Predator like Wolf was potrayed in AvP-R. infact. if you can. see if you can make some scenes where Scott gets in such a bad fight and something happens to where the viewer think's he's dead. and right when you beleave hes gone. he comes back with a vengiance.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PredalienToph on Feb 07, 2009, 06:59:59 AM
have the Predator like rip out the Alien's Extending Jaw and Idk. Stab it into its head.
Firstly, wouldn't work - The jaw goes limp when it's not in use.

Secondly, hello? Acid blood?

Quotehave the predator get the upper hand by grabbing an Alien's Tail and Impaling the other Alien with the other's tail.
The Alien would still have control over the tail, and again, acid.

alexpj19

alexpj19

at this moment i have all fights filmed except predalien and the queen. but they are already choreographed. they all very plausible and not overpowering the predator. so far i have 5 drone aliens and 1 facehugger dead.

alexpj19

alexpj19

oh and as for destructable environment..... i think u r asking too much, i can only do so much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed