AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 328,598 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Really?
Where has that ever happened?

I never heard about it, just asking.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Jun 30, 2008, 11:37:50 PM
Fox might not care about the fans, but they do so love shitcanning fan projects. Game mods, games, fan films - At some point or another Fox has issued cease and desists telling fans to go nick off.

WHAT? You...you're serious? B/c the fans express their distaste for something, they get a legal order?!

alexpj19

alexpj19

well, one of my friends, has a contact at Fox, and he contacted them to make sure they gonna let me finish the project, and let it be shown at some short films festivals in Europe, we sent them the trailer, and response was "it looked awesome, its all cool if we not making any money, and doing it only for the perpuse of entertainment of the fan and will put a huge disclaimer about intelectual property of fox and so on, so mow we are waiting for the official final response to give me a green light on finishing this project. thats all. :) dont get me wrong its not like the want to buy the idea or market it in any way or anything like that. its just every one says ...ohh its gonna get Foxed, well hopefully they'll say "its cool as long you dont make any money off us" which i never planned on the first place, im just super excited about making my own AVP short. Hope all goes well ;)

alexpj19

alexpj19

ohh and as for the music, no it will not be any rap for sure, hard rock..... no i dont think so, unless, the music guys will write something of a mix of Predator/Alien /Rock that will match the scene and sound completly kick ass in the best traditions of classic A & P soundtracks, than maybe,... i dont know, im really planning to go all original but classic :)   "i just love that part of predator soundtrack when the ship flies by in the beginning" :)  or  Alien's tingling mystery theme :)

alexpj19

alexpj19

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 30, 2008, 10:37:10 PM
Everything looks great so far, but i dont buy this whole FOX thing.

Why would they care to comment about a fanflick someone made on the internet?
They dont care about the fans anyway, so why care about a fanfilm and say that he did a great job?
They cant be that dumb.

Sry, but i smell a huge pile of Bullshit here.

as for smelling "Bullshit" you can think what ever u want, i thought you should have figure out by now that i dont do "Bullshit", just wanted to share an exciting news, but may be i shouldnt have, before i get 100% green light from fox.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't think Johnny meant any harm. It's just that, given the last two AvP films, one wonders if Fox really cares about the fans is all :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 01, 2008, 01:52:49 AM
Fox might not care about the fans, but they do so love shitcanning fan projects. Game mods, games, fan films - At some point or another Fox has issued cease and desists telling fans to go nick off.

WHAT? You...you're serious? B/c the fans express their distaste for something, they get a legal order?!

It's quite comment knowledge. Have you guys ever heard of the phrase Foxed?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jul 01, 2008, 05:46:46 AM

They dont care about the fans anyway, so why care about a fanfilm and say that he did a great job?
They cant be that dumb.

as for smelling "Bullshit" you can think what ever u want, i thought you should have figure out by now that i dont do "Bullshit", just wanted to share an exciting news, but may be i shouldnt have, before i get 100% green light from fox.
Come on, you should know better that i dont want you anything.  ;)
Its just that, in this fansection, there is really a lot of BS going arround and i´m a little sceptical now.

Hell, we even had a whole fanfilm going on for months that turned out to be a fake.

So keep it cool, i´m still very thankful that you gave me the link to the Alien model and i just found a queen, eggs, sulaco, dropship, APC etc etc
Very usefull stuff.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I can't wait for this. It should be awesome.

pmaz11

pmaz11

They cant be that dumb.

Hahahaha yeah I know, that guy was so freakin stupid. Everything he posted was a picture from like google or other peoples sites :P

It was absolutely ridiculous

alexpj19

alexpj19

hey " Johnny Handsome ", no hard feelings :) i was following the forum for that other guy, that was kind of funny

Chris P

Chris P

Do you think it would be possible, IF your film is a smash hit, that Fox could deside to let you run it in sections to make some cash off it?  I mean, I would want some "green" feedback for all my hard worw, like you have done here.  Do you htink Fox would be willing to make a deal, reguarding this idea?  Have you even thought about making money off this deal?

@ Corperal Hicks,

I personally have not heard the term "Foxed".  Can someone tel me the history behind it?  I think it would have to do with something along the lines of filing lawsiutes, but I could be wrong.

alexpj19

alexpj19

i dont expect for anything big to come out of Fox except "Good work, we'll let you finish it "  i'd be super happy with that ;)

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, they did the cease and desist thing to me. All I did was post a few pictures of that stolen alien suit. And Fox didn't even have copyright over the pictures.

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jul 01, 2008, 05:20:36 AM
well, one of my friends, has a contact at Fox, and he contacted them to make sure they gonna let me finish the project, and let it be shown at some short films festivals in Europe, we sent them the trailer, and response was "it looked awesome, its all cool if we not making any money, and doing it only for the perpuse of entertainment of the fan and will put a huge disclaimer about intelectual property of fox and so on, so mow we are waiting for the official final response to give me a green light on finishing this project. thats all. :) dont get me wrong its not like the want to buy the idea or market it in any way or anything like that. its just every one says ...ohh its gonna get Foxed, well hopefully they'll say "its cool as long you dont make any money off us" which i never planned on the first place, im just super excited about making my own AVP short. Hope all goes well ;)

I don't want to join the witchhunt but you probably shouldn't have contacted Fox. Well, it's not like you can hide it from them, because the fan film is becoming pretty popular. Just don't get your hopes up. Fox have shut fan projects down for far less than what you've done so far.

War Wager

War Wager

I think they'd want to shut this beauty down, purely because it makes their movies look terrible. Doesn't take that much mind you...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed