AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 328,629 times)

alexpj19

alexpj19

its all about light, animation and action on the screen :) i think it will look great in final composition.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: alexpj19 on May 15, 2008, 07:32:40 PM
its all about light, animation and action on the screen :) i think it will look great in final composition.
No doubt about that.

Lighting and shadows is very improtant in a 3d program.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Very very nice. I'd like to see 'em in a fully composed screen.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: War Wager on May 15, 2008, 05:31:03 PM
Those new Aliens are impressive, I'm so glad you changed 'em. This is sure to be great, Fox should be embarresed at how a fan film can be better than a hollywood one.  :P

I know this is a little soon, but if you're ever interested in a sequel, I'd be happy to design new stuff for you.

:-\

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I love the new aliens so much, but I keep getting the feeling you got the model somewhere...

But still, great coloring and whatnot. How did you replace the old ones with the new one?

alexpj19

alexpj19

I didnt do the Alien model, i wish i would be that good in 3D, i can do the Hard surface invironments  but not organic stuff like that. so all of the credit for the Alien model goes to " Swidhelm " he is the one responsible for this work of art :) , but i am doing all of animation , rendering, compositing and so on. i had only a few scenes animated with the "OLD" model, that was less realistic adn detailed, but now i can really get the camera up close to his face for some shots.

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

Just wondering, how good have you done with fixing the physics problems with the CG aliens?

alexpj19

alexpj19

well all the physics in animation will be hand animated :)  if you were refering to the problem of aliens flying away in the teaser, it was just a test, and i didnt really care about the accuracy of animation, but for the final shots i'm working hard on making animation as real as i can :)

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor

That's good.

alexpj19

alexpj19

hey guys little update: still working on the fight scenes, it looks AWESOME so far , lots of little challenges but its going good. also thought you might like to see a first shot of Predator's Infra red Vision. just did this shot today. Screen shot is in my user gallery. Hope you like it.

War Wager

War Wager

It looks great. Mabye a bit too colourful but thats just me.  :-\

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I'm putting this topic on notification  ;) Brilliant job so far Alex, it looks awesome!

alexpj19

alexpj19

Hey guys, short update, i've finished more shots, mostly fight shots, it look sawesome :) so im about to post another screen shot from the scene. make sure check it out in my gallery, i call this shot " Thiws is Sparta Beeeaaach", you'll understand why   :)   enjoy.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Wooo! I'm going to look now!
EDIT: Here you go guys: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=180&pos=17 that one picture looks better than every AvPR fight scene!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks a lil' dark.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed