Queens Acid + Sulacco Hull = Decomp.

Started by Cromartie, May 05, 2007, 07:51:27 PM

Author
Queens Acid + Sulacco Hull = Decomp. (Read 5,700 times)

Cromartie

the queens acid should have penetrated/breached the outer hull shouldnt it?

War Wager

The Queens blood doesnt touch the Sulacco at any point...  ???

FACEBOX

Quote from: CrazyPalpatine on May 05, 2007, 07:51:27 PM

Now that I think of it, yes it should have! Good catch!
Right before the Queen impales Bishop, she drools acid which should have eaten through the outer layer of the Sulaco.

The only reason for it not going all the way through might be the thick armor.
The same reason the APC survived the alien attacks.

War Wager

Quote from: FACEBOX on May 05, 2007, 08:07:53 PM
Quote from: CrazyPalpatine on May 05, 2007, 07:51:27 PM

Now that I think of it, yes it should have! Good catch!
Right before the Queen impales Bishop, she drools acid which should have eaten through the outer layer of the Sulaco.

The only reason for it not going all the way through might be the thick armor.
The same reason the APC survived the alien attacks.

The Aliens dont drool acid, its just saliva.

FACEBOX

You might be right, but what is it then that fell next to Bishop right before he died.
Also, both the Ox-Alien and the Aliens form A4 spit acid in the face of their "victims".

Grid Alien

I will back up clone #8: the queens blood nver touched the ship, also the aliens DO NOT drool acid also do we even know that the queen canspit acid?

Grid Alien

FACEBOX

I will agree with both of you if you can explain to me what it is that dripped next to Bishop, and ate through the floor, while he was aboard the Sulaco.

FACEBOX

OK... what the hell is that that falls next to Bishop.

Sure looks like Acid to me and CrazyPalpatine.  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYbE2LkHugk&mode=related&search=

Cromartie

thank you so much i was looking in vain for pictures and stills of it without any luck!

anyway its acid no doubt...

FACEBOX

No problem.
As soon as you said it, I thought of the scene. ;)

Yup, Acid.

Kimarhi

Its doubtful that little bit of acid could eat through the entire ship if a much bigger spurt of blood in Alien didn't depressurize the Nostromo.

It probably ate what it could before nuetralizing.

War Wager

Quote from: Grid Alien on May 05, 2007, 08:27:56 PM
I will back up clone #8: the queens blood nver touched the ship, also the aliens DO NOT drool acid also do we even know that the queen canspit acid?

Grid Alien

Thanks  ;)

Quote from: FACEBOX on May 05, 2007, 09:12:43 PM
No problem.
As soon as you said it, I thought of the scene. ;)

Yup, Acid.

Yeah it is definitley acid that appers next to Bishop, but I guess its just to shock the audience as you dont expect the Queen to be on the Sulaco...

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

The Queen only dropped a small amout of Acid on the Sulacos floor if you look carefully.  Don't think it was enough to eat through the Sulacos hull.

SM

SM

If one thinks about this for amore than a few seconds the answer is obvious.

The amount of blood was the about same as the Nostromo.  However there's probably several feet of armour plating on a warship that is not present on a commercial freighter.

If the acid had hit the service airlock that HM gets dumped out of, it would've eaten through both doors fairly quickly (and in fact does eat through the outer doors in the novelisation if memory serves).  THEN you'd have a problem.  As it stands though all you'd need to do is replace some of the subflooring.  No hull breach.

FACEBOX

Yup.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed